Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, alimian said:

Interview was 7-1, they told her approved at the interview 

Congrats brother...

My interview was 23rd June, counselor kept my passport and my status changed to "Refused".

After the interview the sent me an email which I replied. A few days later the "Case Last Updated" changed to June 28th, after that the dates changed to July 1, July 9. Jully 11, July 15, July 16 but the status is same. Is there any count after which it changes to "AP"?

I am completely lost right now. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Zaidi5 said:

Congrats brother...

My interview was 23rd June, counselor kept my passport and my status changed to "Refused".

After the interview the sent me an email which I replied. A few days later the "Case Last Updated" changed to June 28th, after that the dates changed to July 1, July 9. Jully 11, July 15, July 16 but the status is same. Is there any count after which it changes to "AP"?

I am completely lost right now. 

AP can take upto a year. Not sure why they didn't change the status to AP. Did you try emailing the embassy for an update on your case?

From March 03, 2020 "Refused" is the new "AP". For reference visit "https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/visas-ceac-case-status-change.html".

I had all the documents about my travel history including my degrees, visas, and police certificates from each country but the counselor didn't ask me about that during the interview (I have never been deported I always leave the country weeks before my Visa expiry). After the interview she took my passport and told me to reply the email (She did not asked to submit any document). I requested her that I have all the documents  right now, but she said you have an extensive travel history and its part of the process. She also told me that it won't take as long as the other APs that's why she kept my passport.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Zaidi5 said:

From March 03, 2020 "Refused" is the new "AP". For reference visit "https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/visas-ceac-case-status-change.html".

I had all the documents about my travel history including my degrees, visas, and police certificates from each country but the counselor didn't ask me about that during the interview (I have never been deported I always leave the country weeks before my Visa expiry). After the interview she took my passport and told me to reply the email (She did not asked to submit any document). I requested her that I have all the documents  right now, but she said you have an extensive travel history and its part of the process. She also told me that it won't take as long as the other APs that's why she kept my passport.

Consular officers can't really tell how long it would take in AP though. My dad had an extensive travel history and was in AP for around a year and they had kept all our passports after our interview. Try making an inquiry after 90 days of interview. Hopefully you get your visa before then. All the best.

19 hours ago, zellahy said:

Consular officers can't really tell how long it would take in AP though. My dad had an extensive travel history and was in AP for around a year and they had kept all our passports after our interview. Try making an inquiry after 90 days of interview. Hopefully you get your visa before then. All the best.

I understand. When I said, I have 3 months old son in the US and it is not fair for me to wait for months when I am here in-person and I have all the documents right now (I knew AP will take a few months to an year). In reply she said, it won't take that long, you have to reply to the email then your case will proceed, that's part of the process. 

I think my case was approved but the counselor did not have the authority to approve it because of my travel history. In my opinion things have changed since March 03, 2020.

My case was very simple because my wife is my cousin and I presented a lot of family photos even when we were in our teens upto our marriage and the family dinners we had after the marriage. Plus I had my son's birth certificate, SSN etc.. And the counselor asked me very few questions because the photos and documents were self-explainatory.

I appreciate that you shared your experience but I think my case is different.

Congrats again for your wife's Visa. Please keep us updated about any travel restrictions when she travels to the US.

1 hour ago, aishaTayyab said:

Any new IL’s?

Nothing is happening, now Eid Holidays, irony of times that now a days we don't like holidays , let us see how long this love to working days last. Good luck to you Aisha, May Allah ease our waiting frustration.

42 minutes ago, Butterfly2 said:

Nothing is happening, now Eid Holidays, irony of times that now a days we don't like holidays , let us see how long this love to working days last. Good luck to you Aisha, May Allah ease our waiting frustration.

Ameen Insha’Allah! Everyday is getting harder than the last and that’s how I know it’s about to get better very soon!🤲🏻

Timeline
1 minute ago, aishaTayyab said:

No I’m not. I had to come back last month so I returned on June 9th. Regretting it ever since!🙄

O I See. Yeah, I came back too from Pakistan in April and missing my wife and son sooo much. These 3 months have been hard...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.