sat123

Los Angeles/L.A. County filers

63 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, sat123 said:

Hmmm. When I put my zip code in it shows up as a field office (see attached)

san-fernando-field-office.jpg

processing-times.jpg

Aha, I thought the field office was called Chatsworth. That city is not in the list of field offices, that's why.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

in case you didn't know... the Los angeles field office is closed because of idiot protestors vandalizing it.... see clip

Edited by nicktheguitarist

Timeline
3 hours ago, sat123 said:

The field office Im' supposed to be going to is San Fernando Valley (SFV) which is located at 19809 Prairie St Ste 100, Chatsworth, CA 91311. Whereas the LA County field office seems to be located at this address: 300 N Los Angeles St rm 7631, Los Angeles, CA 90012

So I'm not sure if these are considered separate field offices or if they all come under the same umbrella? 

The USCIS web page has changed.

In the past it showed all the zip codes an office served.

Now it's just a search page.

Los Angeles and

Los Angeles County

Are the same physical offices, but the names are separated by zip code.

San Fernando Vally (Chatsworth) has its own service area.

I live in Granada Hils, which is technically in LA City, but, I never went downtown. always Chatsworth..

Ah ok. I'm in Simi Valley, which is serviced by the SFV (chatsworth) office. Hopefully the closure of the LA County office won't affect it. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
16 minutes ago, brooke123 said:

Has anyone in the Los Angeles County area had any movement at all this month? 

The office has been closed since July 27, and only opened just a few days ago. It's unclear to me if they were only closed to the public and still conducted interviews, or if they were closed to everyone.

1 minute ago, berna10 said:

My oath was scheduled for Aug 25th, notice was sent on Aug 12th.

Was the oath taken at the actual office or elsewhere? 

2 minutes ago, Scandi said:

The office has been closed since July 27, and only opened just a few days ago. It's unclear to me if they were only closed to the public and still conducted interviews, or if they were closed to everyone.

Was the oath taken at the actual office or elsewhere? 

Yes, it was done in their Chatsworth office, I dont think they are doing interviews right now, only oath ceremonies.

Timeline

I guess Chatsworth doesn't count as "Los Angeles" to USCIS, I thought we were talking about the L.A./L.A. county office in downtown.

Just got a notice that my interview is scheduled for Sept 25th - San Fernando Valley (Chatsworth field office). 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got notified that my interview for downtown LA is scheduled! Still waiting for the letter to show up in the documents section that will say the date, the site says it should be uploaded in a couple days

• 4 weeks later...

Just to give everybody an update.

On Oct 19th I finally attended my interview at the San Fernando valley office. There was a bit of a delay getting seen as their computers couldn't find my appointment (it actually showed my interview as being cancelled! Luckily this was resolved). Had a very nice female officer who was very thorough with all my docs (wanted to see tax returns, proof of living together, bank statements, etc). 

Civis questions:

- Who is the VP

- What is the supreme law of the land?

- When was the constitution written?

- how many house reps are there?

- where is the statue of liberty located?

I can't remember the sixth!

I was approved after she went over all my docs. I was then given the option of doing a same day oath. That took place in a room next door with 5 other people. Took around 1 hour after the interview before the oath took place.

All in all, a very pleasant experience! 

3 hours ago, sat123 said:

Just to give everybody an update.

On Oct 19th I finally attended my interview at the San Fernando valley office. There was a bit of a delay getting seen as their computers couldn't find my appointment (it actually showed my interview as being cancelled! Luckily this was resolved). Had a very nice female officer who was very thorough with all my docs (wanted to see tax returns, proof of living together, bank statements, etc). 

Civis questions:

- Who is the VP

- What is the supreme law of the land?

- When was the constitution written?

- how many house reps are there?

- where is the statue of liberty located?

I can't remember the sixth!

I was approved after she went over all my docs. I was then given the option of doing a same day oath. That took place in a room next door with 5 other people. Took around 1 hour after the interview before the oath took place.

All in all, a very pleasant experience! 

Congratulations! So happy to hear they are doing same day oaths. Can you please tell me when you filed and when you got your interview notice?

Edited by dan13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.