bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I just quickly used Expedia.com. Found these examples to Egypt.

Dec. 20 - Jan. 03 $1904

Dec. 26 - Jan. 10 $1100

That's from JFK to Cairo, roundtrip

Hey Jason...what airline is the $1100 one with??? Thats not bad...those have changed...DRASTICALLY....wow...his birthday is Jan 1!! How AWESOME would THAT be???

amrssnowangel your a total sweety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have no choice but to hang in !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm haven't caught me on a PMS day with DSL out, sucky phone service and after a short lived Panic Attack!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

But thank you...every word is just truth.

WE ALL have no choice..but to hang in...LOL

Any one else had their chocolate delivered??

Any news on a press release??

If anyone is interested in dates and destinations and cheap prices (and specific airlines!! :whistle: ) let me know. I am at work, with not much to do, so I can look up any flights!

OHHHH yes yes yes....umm Jan 21 to Feb 7th...Cairo, Egypt...CHEAPEST but NOT Air France (love the Amsterdam airport..AWESOME, Milan is ok to) Do you do hotels to?? I can't seem to find a good rate on the Maadi hotel in Cairo :help: :help: :help: :help:

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
So, i was hearing these prices about Egypt airfares and I was thinking it sounded crazy. I work at a travel agency and I looked up some Egypt airfares for Dec 20-Jan14 and I came up with about $2200. Sometimes its better to check with an agency, so maybe you guys can end up in Egypt for the holidays!

Well $2200 is still WAYYYYYYYYYY to much for me. I have two more trips planned. One in January...and one to go bring him home. I just noticed on that day I searched, that airfare was one of them...that WAS expedia.com LOL And it may have been the days I chose. Who knows..yes..Agencies can save money, I've heard that....but I prefer to fly only Egypt Air for many reasons...(Larger seats for my larger butt to start) :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Now you're brand loyal?? Amazing :blink:

LOL Welllllllllllllllllllllllllll, I flew Air France and had HORRIBLE experiences with them...the airport is HORRIBLE. I hate all the transfers.....I fly Jet Blue from Washington DC to JFK...sit for hours..then fly again..sit for hours...fly again...bear in mind guys..Im a single WOMAN jet setting around the world....but more importantly...Egypt air is a DIRECT flight, no changes, no layovers and doesn't leave Cairo at 3:30 AM. But at a more reasonable hour of 10:30 AM. Bigger seats...great flights...friendly service...yeah...guess im a bit Brand happy on that one... :whistle: :whistle:

Call me fickle but for the difference of $8000.00 I could sit on a wheel hub to see my baby...hahahahahahaha

Timeline

Call me fickle but for the difference of $8000.00 I could sit on a wheel hub to see my baby...hahahahahahaha

Ok Im lost....I can get it round trip for 820.00 with Egypt Air in Jan...I just noticed fares were VERY high for the holidays..but that was a few weeks back i checked... If anyone finds it less than $820...let me know..as soon as we get interview date..Im booking..... :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=...amp;&rdct=1

I believe this price has changed. but if you tweak the dates a little, you'll eventually the find the right fare for you. Remember that its cheaper to fly in the middle of the week. Monday, tuesday, Wednesday, thursday. Its also cheapest to fly on the actual holiday. 12/25 12/26 01/01. Good luck!

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Amrssnowangel....I thought it was just me that thought Air France sucks! I agree about the Paris airport...very depressing and nothing good to eat.

This xmas I'm flying to nigeria and connecting through Frankfurt...never been to that airport. So far Amsterdam's airport is my fav.

Oh and I also find cheap flights on cheapoair.com.

June 8th - I-129F mailed to VSC

June 13th - NOA1

November 9th - NOA2!!!

January 10th - APPROVED!

January 24 - Pick up visa

January 31 - Honey arrives in US!

February 28- Court marriage

May 2- NOA1 for I-485 and EAD

May 31- Biometrics

June 2- TOUCHED

Sept 2008 - Perm resident

12/7/12. File n-400 at Dallas Lockbox

Timeline

Air France is the worst!! i spent Christmas one year on the tarmac in one of their planes. We sat on the ground for more than 9 hours. Weren't allowed back into the terminal. And we found out later that it was not the airport's fault. It was Air France. Finally we got off the ground. After the entire crew had been swapped out for a fresh one. And the food and bevs had to be replenished. Then at CDG airport in france, they lost half the plane's luggage!! Unbelievable. They had 9 extra hours to get all the bags to the freakin plane!! They have to be the worst in the industry. Lufthansa is my favorite airline. And my favorite airport has got to be JFK. as screwed up as it is, as dirty as it is....I love it. When I come back from a long trip to anywhere on Earth, its always nice to go home through NYC. Guess I'm biased. In december I'll be skipping New York, though. Going out of Atlanta instead. Dont want to risk another snow storm delay during the holidays.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline
Amrssnowangel....I thought it was just me that thought Air France sucks! I agree about the Paris airport...very depressing and nothing good to eat.

This xmas I'm flying to nigeria and connecting through Frankfurt...never been to that airport. So far Amsterdam's airport is my fav.

Never heard of that site..thanks...yeah...The Paris airport is horrible..so unorganized...I wait for an hour to get the "bus" to the terminal for the transfer, then through two more levels of security which is unorganized then last time..they had my ticket at a different gate...they changed the gate after we all got to it..some were informed and understood the french announcement...others had no clue and we missed the connecting flight..then no one would help us fix the issue...it was a MESS.....

Amsterdam is sooo wow..."high tech" isn't it? Clean and organized...shopping is WONDERFUL...LOL...I saw a small museum there..they had these wonderful SCARFS...I was going to get one...took to register...its a scarf..how much could it be....ONLY $175.00!!!! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: I said..but...but...its a SCARF?? HOW MUCH??? $175..you see...it had "art" painted on it...LOL :blink: :blink: :blink: But the airport is amazing...

Cairo's security is unorganized mess...but the airport isn't bad. I love Jetblue to fly to JFK with...i pay $50 for one way..cant drive it for that..and Jet Blue has been sooo flexible...easy to use..clean. I love them. (They run late at times..but love them)

Air France is the worst!! i spent Christmas one year on the tarmac in one of their planes. We sat on the ground for more than 9 hours. Weren't allowed back into the terminal. And we found out later that it was not the airport's fault. It was Air France. Finally we got off the ground. After the entire crew had been swapped out for a fresh one. And the food and bevs had to be replenished. Then at CDG airport in france, they lost half the plane's luggage!! Unbelievable. They had 9 extra hours to get all the bags to the freakin plane!! They have to be the worst in the industry. Lufthansa is my favorite airline. And my favorite airport has got to be JFK. as screwed up as it is, as dirty as it is....I love it. When I come back from a long trip to anywhere on Earth, its always nice to go home through NYC. Guess I'm biased. In december I'll be skipping New York, though. Going out of Atlanta instead. Dont want to risk another snow storm delay during the holidays.

Olympia is another off airline..they are ALWAYS late...ALWAYS... but CHEAP..guess you get what you pay for...

Timeline

Frankfurt's not too bad. But they are still doing some major construction in some wings of the airport. Dreary area of Frankfurt, but they have some nice bars and eateries in that airport. The restrooms are way too small and way too dirty. But that's pretty much worldwide.

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline

they have food there??? LOL....I never saw it..I get 1,5 hours between flights there..out of which 1 is waiting for a bus to get you around..then the rest in security, getting Frisked (ooohh hoooo watch that there) and then running to find the right gate...during which time u have an asthma attack and not even security will help with a bag...hmmm...bad customer service there...

Timeline

Yes, Schiphol is a great airport! Just stay away from the train station in Amsterdam..... :o

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline

I get soo confused on how to work the TOILETS in the different countries..first time in Egypt...well..let me tell you...im used to the flushing thingy on the front..push down...your done....first toilet in Egypt..I looked..and llooked and looked...umm found a "button" on top...decided to push it...woooooooooo...THAT worked.but what was that other thing on the side???? Anyone ever been sprayed with a BIDET???? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: Well 4 years later I can't llive without my Bidet..but....lol have to admit took a trip to learn to use the bathrooms there...(no toilet paper in many and some places is just a hole in the ground.... :help: :help: :help: :help: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: )

Athens is an ok airport to....would love to go back to see Greece...Amsterdam...but not France..no desire...Im sure its beautiful but after my airport experience...dont intend to go back

Frankfurt's not too bad. But they are still doing some major construction in some wings of the airport. Dreary area of Frankfurt, but they have some nice bars and eateries in that airport. The restrooms are way too small and way too dirty. But that's pretty much worldwide.

Never been through Frankfurt...wanted to..but the flights to Egypt at least...seem to have a HUGE layover there..and im just tooooooooo impatient to get there...now going HOME is a different story..I dont mind a lay over...but i've learned to try to avoid them now...I really do love my direct night flight..I sleep ALL the way there...SOOOOOOOOOO cool. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Timeline

I have been using international restrooms for many years and I still hate them all. why dont they keep water in the bowl??? Its cleaner that way. And what's up with the toilets that you actually stand on?? Seen these? Its like there are non-skid foot pads on the actual seat, for standing and welll.........hovering. Crazy! in Russia, you have to pay to use most toilets and paper is sometimes extra. hehehe.

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

So, i was hearing these prices about Egypt airfares and I was thinking it sounded crazy. I work at a travel agency and I looked up some Egypt airfares for Dec 20-Jan14 and I came up with about $2200. Sometimes its better to check with an agency, so maybe you guys can end up in Egypt for the holidays!

help me travel agent!!!!!!!

im going to florence, italy from december 28th to january 6th....im willing to fly into florence (obviously this is my first choice) pisa, rome, or milan...departing from any of the airports in the nyc area (preferably jfk)...the best price ive seen so far is for $747 on those exact dates....i dont really want to leave later than the 28th, but am willing to consider coming back before the 6th (although i would obviously like to stay the entire time)

thanks!!!!!!

Edited by babybluesusie

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Timeline
I get soo confused on how to work the TOILETS in the different countries..first time in Egypt...well..let me tell you...im used to the flushing thingy on the front..push down...your done....first toilet in Egypt..I looked..and llooked and looked...umm found a "button" on top...decided to push it...woooooooooo...THAT worked.but what was that other thing on the side???? Anyone ever been sprayed with a BIDET???? :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle: Well 4 years later I can't llive without my Bidet..but....lol have to admit took a trip to learn to use the bathrooms there...(no toilet paper in many and some places is just a hole in the ground.... :help::help::help::help::wacko::wacko::wacko: )

Athens is an ok airport to....would love to go back to see Greece...Amsterdam...but not France..no desire...Im sure its beautiful but after my airport experience...dont intend to go back

Never been through Frankfurt...wanted to..but the flights to Egypt at least...seem to have a HUGE layover there..and im just tooooooooo impatient to get there...now going HOME is a different story..I dont mind a lay over...but i've learned to try to avoid them now...I really do love my direct night flight..I sleep ALL the way there...SOOOOOOOOOO cool. :dance::dance::dance:

I'm the opposite. I dont mind a layover going to Russia. Coming home, however, I just want to get to my place as quickly as possible. During a layover on my way to Europe, its relaxing. I can extend my excitement and just sit back and people watch. I imagine that most of them are in big hurries to get to business meetings, boring trips, etc. I smile and pretend that I'm the only happy person flying. Isnt it great?

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

I have been using international restrooms for many years and I still hate them all. why dont they keep water in the bowl??? Its cleaner that way. And what's up with the toilets that you actually stand on?? Seen these? Its like there are non-skid foot pads on the actual seat, for standing and welll.........hovering. Crazy! in Russia, you have to pay to use most toilets and paper is sometimes extra. hehehe.

i do agree that its cleaner with water in the toilet, but they do that so as not to waste water

i think its really smart how in some places they have a foot lever to flush the toilet and wash your hands...now that is DEFINITELY cleaner, and i have yet to see it in the US

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.