9 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Looks like there is no thread for June filers. I started this thread so others can join and share their experiences. 

Here is my updates so far,

06/17 - Shipped all documents (I485, I131, I765 and I-944)

06/19 - Received by the lockbox

07/14 - Received Text msgs - NOA1

07/15 - Checks were cashed

07/18 - Received NOA1 notices from mail

07/24 - Received Biometrics appointment letter

waiting for biometrics appointment in 1st week of August. 

23 minutes ago, Shan181 said:

Looks like there is no thread for June filers. I started this thread so others can join and share their experiences. 

Here is my updates so far,

06/17 - Shipped all documents (I485, I131, I765 and I-944)

06/19 - Received by the lockbox

07/14 - Received Text msgs - NOA1

07/15 - Checks were cashed

07/18 - Received NOA1 notices from mail

07/24 - Received Biometrics appointment letter

waiting for biometrics appointment in 1st week of August. 

Thats very good. there is June fillers. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, bradoony said:

Thats very good. there is June fillers. 

Hi Bradoony!

Thanks for your reply. I follow that thread too. However, I find it’s mainly for family based AoS. This will be for employment based AOS (if there is any). I am not sure if there is any difference.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to update that we received the biometrics letter yesterday!  It's scheduled for 8/27!  I got the informed delivery email in the am and stalked my mailbox all morning, lol!

Timeline
9 hours ago, SusnOwen said:

Just wanted to update that we received the biometrics letter yesterday!  It's scheduled for 8/27!  I got the informed delivery email in the am and stalked my mailbox all morning, lol!

That’s great. Good see it’s progressing. Good luck for biometrics!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i'm a june filer :)

date filed: june 6

noa1: june 16

biometrics: aug 10

uscis emailed me today (aug 18) that our case status is now TESTING AND INTERVIEW. they didn't ask us for RFEs, is that a good sign that we are just now waiting for an interview?

Timeline
36 minutes ago, sunshinedaisies said:

i'm a june filer :)

date filed: june 6

noa1: june 16

biometrics: aug 10

uscis emailed me today (aug 18) that our case status is now TESTING AND INTERVIEW. they didn't ask us for RFEs, is that a good sign that we are just now waiting for an interview?

That's good in my opinion. Did you submit your I-693 along with your I-485? 

After biometrics I got a RFE for Supplement J (which I don't need to submit) and I-693 (which I was planning to take for the interview). So if all your documents is there, there is no reason to send a RFE. I have a feeling that they are going to waive the interview as well. Good luck!

Also which employment category are you in? 

Edited by Shan181

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Shan181 said:

That's good in my opinion. Did you submit your I-693 along with your I-485? 

After biometrics I got a RFE for Supplement J (which I don't need to submit) and I-693 (which I was planning to take for the interview). So if all your documents is there, there is no reason to send a RFE. I have a feeling that they are going to waive the interview as well. Good luck!

Also which employment category are you in? 

oh i’m a family-based aos. This covid19 fast forwarded everything for us. Went here to visit family and my boyfriend. He proposed the day after i arrived in january. We were planning on a destination wedding in my home country but covid happened and flights got cancelled. we anticipated that this pandemic will make it harder to travel, so we got married by march the week before everything went on lockdown.

Timeline
On 6/2/2020 at 4:37 PM, Ela S. said:

Hi there! No one has created a June topic yet so here it is. We’re planning on filing next week. Good luck to everyone :) 

AOS Checklist

• Cover Letter listing Table of Contents 
  • (Check Payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security - $1,225.00) 

Form I-485 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Form G-1145  
  • Form I-944 (Declaration of Self-Sufficiency with applicable supporting documents.) 
  • Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page  
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp  
  • Copy of NOA2 Approval letter (from K1 process)  
  • I-94  
  • Copy of beneficiary's Birth Certificate  
  • translation of birth certificate (if needed) 
  • Certified copy of Marriage License  
  • Passport Photos (2) name written on the back  
  • Copy of DS-3025  

Form I-864 (completed and signed by USC) (goes with form I-485)

• Proof of USC's citizenship (copy of birth certificate, copy of passport bio page, or other) 
  • 2018, 2017 (optional), and 2016 (optional) Tax Return (with W-2) or Transcripts 
  • Employment Verification letter (updated one - not the one used during K1 process)  
  • Pay stubs (last 3 months)  

Form I-765 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page  
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp  
  • I-94  
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process)  

Form I-131 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page  
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp  
  • I-94  
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process

Be sure to double check for the current fees as fees do sometimes increase, so please check. Additionally check the forms as listed above i.e., current version and or edition date, there has been changes to various forms since February 24, 2020. Consider sending tax transcripts instead of the 1040, and W2's. Also consider preparing a cover letter for each form in addition to the main cover letter.

Make sure you send long form birth certificates and not the short form. IMPORTANT: Form I-944 has quite a bit of supporting documents that go with it depending on your situation, be sure to read the instructions for this form carefully. Many people have gotten a RFE for this form so be sure to pay CLOSE attention when filing it out. Hope this helps in your preparation of your AOS. When in doubt ask questions.

Great! You should check this thread. It is mainly a group of family based Petitioners and very active group of June filers. I am also there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.