Lyubov

Interview Cancelled And Notice Ordered

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Our interview was scheduled for August 13, and a week after they scheduled it the status changed for both me and my daughter (K2). Has anyone experienced the same lately? 

On July 17, 2020, we cancelled your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXXX, and mailed you a cancellation notice. We will notify you by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made, or if we need something from you. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by August 16, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

K1 visa journey:                                                                       AOS:

Filed I-129f: February 22, 2019                                              AOS+EAD package sent: February 15, 2020

NOA1: February 28, 2019                                                       Biometrics: March 17, 2020

NOA2: May 14, 2019 (75 days from NOA1!)                       EAD approved: July 21, 2020

NVC received: June 07, 2019                                                EAD received: August 7, 2020

NVC case # assigned: June 13, 2019                               

NVC left: June 25, 2019

Consulate received: June 27, 2019

Interview: August 5, 2019 🤞

Visa received: August 6, 2019

US entry: November 19, 2019

Marriage: December 31, 2019

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I'm not speaking from my own experience, but I saw others reporting this as well. One case was a Citizenship interview - the girl went to the field office on the original scheduled day despite the cancellation, and the IO agreed to interview her :D Not suggesting that this will work for everyone. Unlike Citizenship interviews, the AOS interview can potentially be waived. I'd just wait and see if any other action is being taken on your case, and wait for physical letters to arrive.

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.