Mandis

N-400 AUGUST 2020 FILERS

559 posts in this topic

Question for everyone.

So we logged in today to check and it said "Interview was scheduled" and We will mail you an interview notice.

Will this also upload as a pdf or will we only find out the date when we receive the letter?

Also, the estimated wait time changed from "taking longer than normal" to estimated wait time: 6 months.   I'm hoping

they don't mean it's going to be 6 more months from now!  lol     Any insights to what happens next will be greatly

appreciated.     Sure seems like great news, huh??

Filed: Timeline
On 3/25/2021 at 6:25 PM, MusicFan57 said:

Question for everyone.

So we logged in today to check and it said "Interview was scheduled" and We will mail you an interview notice.

Will this also upload as a pdf or will we only find out the date when we receive the letter?

Also, the estimated wait time changed from "taking longer than normal" to estimated wait time: 6 months.   I'm hoping

they don't mean it's going to be 6 more months from now!  lol     Any insights to what happens next will be greatly

appreciated.     Sure seems like great news, huh??

Hello from Atlanta, 

This morning I got the same notice as a texts message and checked online but nothing on file that's showing the interview date.

File completion time was 4 months and now it says 9 months :) lol

I hope we can see the interview document on-line soon. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, alps34 said:

Hello from Atlanta, 

This morning I got the same notice as a texts message and checked online but nothing on file that's showing the interview date.

File completion time was 4 months and now it says 9 months :) lol

I hope we can see the interview document on-line soon. Good luck!

Just wait a day or two. They usually upload it quickly but sometimes it takes a day or two. I was notified they scheduled my oath but couldn’t see the document in there until a day later. 
my estimated completion time is still 6 months, even though my oath is in two weeks lol

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, VeronicaL said:

Just wait a day or two. They usually upload it quickly but sometimes it takes a day or two. I was notified they scheduled my oath but couldn’t see the document in there until a day later. 
my estimated completion time is still 6 months, even though my oath is in two weeks lol

Thanks Veronica, my waiting time went up to 11 months now, lol 😂😂

Checked my wife's case on Friday and saw 'Interview was scheduled', the DOCUMENTS tab miraculously did have the Interview notice posted - -  interview scheduled for MAY 6, 2021.  Odd that the 'Estimated case completion' at top now says December 2021 (8 months) and the 'Estimated wait time' at bottom says 5 months, all contradicting each other.   We're relieved the interview is scheduled, but my god, their system is horrific.  ALSO - it's incredibly annoying that her Removal of Conditions Green Card interview is 6 DAYS EARLIER, on April 30 - they couldn't have combined the interviews???  Nothing like some quality time at USCIS.

1479505399_N400update.thumb.JPG.b51c1e0696337cdff9255c6f83953b15.JPG

Timeline
2 hours ago, Karen&Marile said:

Checked my wife's case on Friday and saw 'Interview was scheduled', the DOCUMENTS tab miraculously did have the Interview notice posted - -  interview scheduled for MAY 6, 2021.  Odd that the 'Estimated case completion' at top now says December 2021 (8 months) and the 'Estimated wait time' at bottom says 5 months, all contradicting each other.   We're relieved the interview is scheduled, but my god, their system is horrific.  ALSO - it's incredibly annoying that her Removal of Conditions Green Card interview is 6 DAYS EARLIER, on April 30 - they couldn't have combined the interviews???  Nothing like some quality time at USCIS.

1479505399_N400update.thumb.JPG.b51c1e0696337cdff9255c6f83953b15.JPG

They might still combine the two. The did so for me. In fact I got a phone call from the interviewing IO the morning of my interview to tell me it would be Korb interview and to bring my husband. My green card extension expired 5 days after my interviews. I’m just waiting for my oath now, which is in two weeks, and then I’ll apply for my passport ASAP. 

23 hours ago, VeronicaL said:

They might still combine the two. The did so for me. In fact I got a phone call from the interviewing IO the morning of my interview to tell me it would be Korb interview and to bring my husband. My green card extension expired 5 days after my interviews. I’m just waiting for my oath now, which is in two weeks, and then I’ll apply for my passport ASAP. 

Wow you got a call the same day?!  Interesting info - thanks.  Last year, we had inquired about whether we'd have a combo interview and their official reply 3 months later said, "both cases will be adjudicated at the same time" , Which I thought meant she would have a combo interview - so we're just confused/irritated that they're not on the same date (as of now).  We'll try calling again this week to see if someone can confirm a combo interview.

Timeline
13 hours ago, Karen&Marile said:

Wow you got a call the same day?!  Interesting info - thanks.  Last year, we had inquired about whether we'd have a combo interview and their official reply 3 months later said, "both cases will be adjudicated at the same time" , Which I thought meant she would have a combo interview - so we're just confused/irritated that they're not on the same date (as of now).  We'll try calling again this week to see if someone can confirm a combo interview.

It may just be a formality to have two dates. After the phone call on the day of my interview, I got notified they had scheduled my ROC interview. A week later I got the letter, it’s in April 28 😂 I think they literally have to go through all the motions in the system! A friend of mine did her ROC and was notified her green card was being produced. Then that her biometrics were being reused (in that order!), then that the interview was waived, then that ROC was approved... so I think they really have to tick all the boxes in their system. I’d be prepared to be asked in for the first appointment. 
there was also some guidance by USCIS that the spouse should come with even if not specified in the appointment letter, if both cases are pending. look through the text in this link, it’s in there:
https://www.dhs.gov/publication/uscis-processing-concurrently-pending-forms-n-400-and-forms-i-751

3 hours ago, VeronicaL said:

It may just be a formality to have two dates. After the phone call on the day of my interview, I got notified they had scheduled my ROC interview. A week later I got the letter, it’s in April 28 😂 I think they literally have to go through all the motions in the system! A friend of mine did her ROC and was notified her green card was being produced. Then that her biometrics were being reused (in that order!), then that the interview was waived, then that ROC was approved... so I think they really have to tick all the boxes in their system. I’d be prepared to be asked in for the first appointment. 
there was also some guidance by USCIS that the spouse should come with even if not specified in the appointment letter, if both cases are pending. look through the text in this link, it’s in there:
https://www.dhs.gov/publication/uscis-processing-concurrently-pending-forms-n-400-and-forms-i-751

Thank you for this link!  I wish had seen it last year to calm our nerves.  Anyways - we now see the light at the end of the tunnel!  Her I-751 interview is first, so I have to go with her anyways, and if they adjudicate N400 at the same time, I just step out of the room.... fingers crossed it all happens the same day.  Yeah - the system is just so bad and I know most people try to do their job as best they can under poor bureaucratic circumstances.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I’ve been logging in regularly and it’s been saying June then may. 

got bio reuse letter in February. 

Today I logged in and saw the below.  

Odd.  Docs section still shows bio reuse letter. .

it still shows “ is being processed at our National Benefits Center location.” 

Newark is my office. 

has anyone seen their profile w the below message ? Does it indicate a change soon?  

Your next milestone: receive your biometrics appointment notice

Time until decision: 

approx. 2 month

2 minutes ago, Can49 said:

I’ve been logging in regularly and it’s been saying June then may. 

got bio reuse letter in February. 

Today I logged in and saw the below.  

Odd.  Docs section still shows bio reuse letter. .

it still shows “ is being processed at our National Benefits Center location.” 

Newark is my office. 

has anyone seen their profile w the below message ? Does it indicate a change soon?  

Your next milestone: receive your biometrics appointment notice

Time until decision: 

approx. 2 month

Yeah, they seem to have changed the format of the web page. In my case, I have not received *anything* since I applied (no bio reuse, nothing). It says the same thing as yours.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
10 hours ago, bumblebee7640 said:

Hi, I just received online status that my interview is scheduled today. Do anyone know how long from the time interview is scheduled until the actual interview?

Me too! Seems I have to pack my things and return to the states within a week or two. 

It seems like they have updated their website. I recieved a notification stating " we have mailed a request for evidence to you. this may extend your processing time beyond our original estimate. Time until approximately decision is 3 months".. was a 2 months.. But upon my findings.. it seems like alot people got the request of evidence message. I'm hoping this is a glitch.

Daca Journey 2013

*Daca&Ead Approval- 9/17/2013

*Ead card in hand-9/20/2013 

Daca/Ead Renewal Journey 2015

*Daca sent 5/7/2015

*NOA email/letter/text message- 5/14/2015

*Biometrics appointment- 6/12/2015

*Daca renewal approval notice- 7/22/2015

*Daca Renewal approval letter received- 7/31/2015

*Ead renewal card in hand - 8/14/2015?

Aos Journey 2016

* Married- 03/25/2016

* Aos package mailed- 5/26/2016?

* Package Delivered- 6/14/2016?

* Text message received with case #/ check cashed - 6/20/2016

* Aos notice of action letter received- 6/24/2016

*Biometrics appointment- 7/13/2016

*Case ready to be scheduled for an interview- 8/1/2016

*Ead/Ap approval notice Date-8/29/2016

*Ead/Ap combo card in hand- 09/3/2016

* Aos Interview - 4/12/2017 

* Aos Approved on the spot

* 2 year Green card in Hand 4/17/2017

Roc 2019

Roc Package Mailed  - 01/15/2019

Case received -  01/22/2019

Biometrics - 03/01/2019

case approved  10 year GC - 01/07/2020

card mailed - 01/08/2020

Online filling N400 Naturalization (NJ filer)

N400 submitted - 08/27/2020

NOA - 08/28/2020

Biometrics Reuse- 2/12/2021🤗

Interview Notice : 06/15/2021🤗🤗

Interview DATE : 07/21/2021 @ 2:30PM

Citizenship and Oat ceremony approved 07/21/2021

Passport Application Appoitment usps -07/28/2021

Check cashed - 08/2/2021

Passport received : 08/11/2021 * contacted My congresswoman 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.