28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, HRQX said:

The following post might help with that:

"If you do not have a credit report or credit score, provide documentation that demonstrates that you do not have a credit report or score with a credit bureau." https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-944instr-pc.pdf

Thank you. I wonder how people did this before there was no forum that helped...

Timeline
3 minutes ago, HRQX said:

You can see how very much confused the March 2020 and late February 2020 filers were:

I-944 was very new at that time since AOS filers after Feb. 24, 2020 had to submit I-944.

Oh yes, definitely. I mean, it's still baffling...

Sorry to go a tad off topic but am I supposed to include high school diploma if I have higher education too? I wonder if I need to include (and translate) the entire addition to my diplomas (including names of courses I took...)?

On 7/17/2020 at 11:27 AM, Jsg2016 said:

I was following your question on that thread and was hoping someone would also answer. Did you fill yours out yet ? My thoughts sound the same as yours- leaving the tax year and return total blank or “n/a” and just attaching the foreign tax return. 

The more I think about it, I believe we are to not put any number because it says  “Total income from tax return or Item 1 on W-2 “Wages, tips, $ other compensation” (U.S. dollars) (if applicable)” 

To me, that’s describing a number from a US tax return, in which our case, the foreign partner does not have one. 

Do you remember which one was at $80? 

We have not yet submitted the I-944, but as of now we have the tax year and return total for the non-USC applicant as "N/A". I agree that the question seems to be asking about a U.S. tax return, but I don't like the ambiguous wording and would love to hear from others.

The evaluation service we are planning on using is IEE. The $80 option is their general report, which right now is a "provisional" evaluation as described here.

This is the best option I have found given some of the difficulty in getting education documentation together during the pandemic, but I recall seeing other companies from the NACES list with similar price ranges.

Timeline
1 hour ago, JKLSemicolon said:

We have not yet submitted the I-944, but as of now we have the tax year and return total for the non-USC applicant as "N/A". I agree that the question seems to be asking about a U.S. tax return, but I don't like the ambiguous wording and would love to hear from others.

The evaluation service we are planning on using is IEE. The $80 option is their general report, which right now is a "provisional" evaluation as described here.

This is the best option I have found given some of the difficulty in getting education documentation together during the pandemic, but I recall seeing other companies from the NACES list with similar price ranges.

Great! Thank you. I’m waiting for the translations for my diplomas so I can send them for evaluation... I don’t have HS transcripts, but I presume university ones will suffice.

One thing that confuses me is... do I need to send anything re medical at all? I completed my medical oversees, they are supposed to have that, I can attach the vaccination records of course... I don’t know if I’m supposed to go see a doctor here (frankly I’m scared of Covid). Can I even send the package without the i693?

1 hour ago, SP&DT said:

One thing that confuses me is... do I need to send anything re medical at all?

If the I-485 is filed within 1 year of the K-1 medical (and the K-1 medical didn't reveal a Class A medical condition) then it doesn't matter when I-485 interview takes place: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-3

K or V Nonimmigrants Applying for Adjustment [26]

K and V nonimmigrants applying for adjustment of status are not required to repeat the medical examination if the application was filed within one year of the date of the original medical examination, and:

• The medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition; or 

• The applicant received a conditional waiver in conjunction with the K or V nonimmigrant visa or the change of status to V and the applicant submits evidence of compliance with the waiver terms and conditions. [27] 

If a new medical examination is required and reveals a Class A medical condition, a new waiver application will also be required. In such cases, the officer should determine whether the applicant complied with the terms and conditions of the first waiver, if applicable. Such determination should be given considerable weight in the adjudication of a subsequent waiver application. [28] 

Even if a new medical examination is not required, applicants must still comply with the vaccination requirements if the vaccination record was not included as part of the original medical examination report. If the vaccination report was properly completed at the time of the overseas examination, the officer may accept the vaccination assessment completed by the panel physician. 

An applicant’s overseas medical examination report completed by a panel physician should already be in the applicant’s A-file. If it is not in the A-file, the officer should request the medical examination report through a Request for Evidence (RFE).

If the applicant was granted a change of status to V in the United States, [29] the medical examination report completed by the civil surgeon should be in the A-file created at the time that the change of status was initially granted.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, HRQX said:

If the I-485 is filed within 1 year of the K-1 medical (and the K-1 medical didn't reveal a Class A medical condition) then it doesn't matter when I-485 interview takes place: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-3

K or V Nonimmigrants Applying for Adjustment [26]

K and V nonimmigrants applying for adjustment of status are not required to repeat the medical examination if the application was filed within one year of the date of the original medical examination, and:

• The medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition; or 

• The applicant received a conditional waiver in conjunction with the K or V nonimmigrant visa or the change of status to V and the applicant submits evidence of compliance with the waiver terms and conditions. [27] 

If a new medical examination is required and reveals a Class A medical condition, a new waiver application will also be required. In such cases, the officer should determine whether the applicant complied with the terms and conditions of the first waiver, if applicable. Such determination should be given considerable weight in the adjudication of a subsequent waiver application. [28] 

Even if a new medical examination is not required, applicants must still comply with the vaccination requirements if the vaccination record was not included as part of the original medical examination report. If the vaccination report was properly completed at the time of the overseas examination, the officer may accept the vaccination assessment completed by the panel physician. 

An applicant’s overseas medical examination report completed by a panel physician should already be in the applicant’s A-file. If it is not in the A-file, the officer should request the medical examination report through a Request for Evidence (RFE).

If the applicant was granted a change of status to V in the United States, [29] the medical examination report completed by the civil surgeon should be in the A-file created at the time that the change of status was initially granted.

I wasn't a 100% sure but this helps. Thanks! By the way... Should I know what my A number is?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Some consulates put in the Annotations section:

bwQC7ze.jpg

Other consulates don't put it on the visa at all.

But it should be above the beneficiary's name on the I-129F approval notice:

I-797-Notice-of-Approval-I-129F-Official

Ha! I managed to find it on my NOA2, thankfully (thanks to you so thank you yet again). My K1 doesn't have it; the number in red (visa number) on mine starts with P, and the number on annotation is something different... Starting with WAC and not even similar to A number. It's odd that they're not uniform!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.