Kracken0701

I-129 questions

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, a few questions regarding the I-129F:

1) Employment  History - End Date field for current employment: This field is only numbers and slash format with my version of Adobe at least. Can I write 'PRESENT' in ink after printing the forms? This is the case for both petitioner and beneficiary.

2) Beneficiary Information Item 38.  "If your beneficiary is currently in the United States, complete Item Numbers 38a-38h." 

Fiance is currently not in the US. Do I still fill out Item 38a-38h?

Typically I would think not, because of the "If".  The I-129F instructions from USCIS website don't mention anything about the "If fiance is currently in the US" part. To me, the I-I29F instructions imply to fill out Items 38a-38h regardless. It also seems like important information to leave out. The evidence section states to include the I-94 and passport number. Can anyone please clarify?

(I ticked Yes for Item 37 as beneficiary has been in the US to visit several times)

3) Evidence: Boarding passes vs airline booking confirmations. Would 

booking confirmations help? Or do they assume you could have changed your flight? Fiance and I also have passport stamps from 2 trips. Fiance has bus tickets which are more like booking confirmations also, from Greyhound trips to visit me in the US.

4) Should "N/A" or "None" be used in every field not filled out? I have read that suggestion on the forums. In the same case of numeric and slash only fields, would I write "N/A" or "None"?

5) Payment G-1450: If my beneficiary pays by credit card would a non-US, issued in Canada credit card be okay? Alternatively can ask her local bank if US money orders are drawn on US banks, which I think might be the alternative.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have a habit of overthinking things mainly because I don't want to overlook anything also. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Kracken0701 said:

Hi, a few questions regarding the I-129F:

1) Employment  History - End Date field for current employment: This field is only numbers and slash format with my version of Adobe at least. Can I write 'PRESENT' in ink after printing the forms? This is the case for both petitioner and beneficiary. Yes

2) Beneficiary Information Item 38.  "If your beneficiary is currently in the United States, complete Item Numbers 38a-38h." 

Fiance is currently not in the US. Do I still fill out Item 38a-38h? Write N/A

Typically I would think not, because of the "If".  The I-129F instructions from USCIS website don't mention anything about the "If fiance is currently in the US" part. To me, the I-I29F instructions imply to fill out Items 38a-38h regardless. It also seems like important information to leave out. The evidence section states to include the I-94 and passport number. Can anyone please clarify?

(I ticked Yes for Item 37 as beneficiary has been in the US to visit several times)

3) Evidence: Boarding passes vs airline booking confirmations. Would 

booking confirmations help? Or do they assume you could have changed your flight? Fiance and I also have passport stamps from 2 trips. Fiance has bus tickets which are more like booking confirmations also, from Greyhound trips to visit me in the US. BOoking confirmations does not show that she went to the US- best evidence is always passport stamps - if she can print out her I94 that would be beneficial as well.

4) Should "N/A" or "None" be used in every field not filled out? I have read that suggestion on the forums. In the same case of numeric and slash only fields, would I write "N/A" or "None"? Yes- the instructions on the form clearly state to not leave anything blank and to write N/A or None - read the instructions on the form they are most accurate rather than what you read on VJ

5) Payment G-1450: If my beneficiary pays by credit card would a non-US, issued in Canada credit card be okay? Alternatively can ask her local bank if US money orders are drawn on US banks, which I think might be the alternative. I’ve never heard of the beneficiary paying for application fees... it’s the petitioners petition...Anyways as long as it is a credit card they accept I don’t see restrictions that state it can’t be a foreign card- just strange you would make the beneficiary pay.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have a habit of overthinking things mainly because I don't want to overlook anything also. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

Thanks for all your help! As for the application fees, it's because I cover a lot of the costs and she wants to help contribute and suggested this. I can see how that may look odd though and will rethink.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.