frodolives

Using Household Member's Income?

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, frodolives said:

Ohh okay I see. I think his education will be in our favor. He’s graduating from medical school soon, which I think would be viewed as good earning potential?

Yes, but you must still qualify as sponsor.  It's good you are thinking of the practical side early, to make sure you are prepared.  Since you're not married yet, start at the beginning by studying the spouse visa Guide, so you understand the process.  You're going to marry, then file a petition, then wait through a black hole of probably 6 to 12 months BEFORE you provide a single number regarding finances.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

12 hours ago, JFH said:

I am constantly baffled by the number of K-1 petitioners who are barely above the poverty line and stressing about getting approved at the interview with such a borderline I-134 when the real issue is the cost of AOS and, even more importantly, the cost of housing, feeding, clothing and providing healthcare for another adult who cannot work for many months in a country with such a high cost of living.

Yup.  They're the ones who delay AOS when they suddenly find out it costs $1225.

9 hours ago, frodolives said:

Ohh okay I see. I think his education will be in our favor. He’s graduating from medical school soon, which I think would be viewed as good earning potential?

Depends entirely on where the medical school is located.  Not all medical credentials from overseas can be used to practice in the US.  This is definitely something for the two of you to look into.

11 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Depends entirely on where the medical school is located.  Not all medical credentials from overseas can be used to practice in the US.  This is definitely something for the two of you to look into.

His university is recognized by the Medical Board of America? So hopefully that counts for something lol

1 hour ago, frodolives said:

His university is recognized by the Medical Board of America? So hopefully that counts for something lol

Not sure what that is, but medical practice is regulated by boards in each state.  It is more complicated than maybe you realize, and worth investigating.  Good luck.

2 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Not sure what that is, but medical practice is regulated by boards in each state.  It is more complicated than maybe you realize, and worth investigating.  Good luck.

Thanks for the help! I’ll continue researching and studying the instructions. If I do end up needing my dad to be a joint sponsor, his pension and social security retirement will suffice?

2 hours ago, frodolives said:

Thanks for the help! I’ll continue researching and studying the instructions. If I do end up needing my dad to be a joint sponsor, his pension and social security retirement will suffice?

As long as he meets the criteria for being a sponsor,  that income may be used.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.