Gar9

Recent NVC IR-5 Cases Waiting for DQed April.2020 onwards

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

This topic is started to share the status and progress of IR-5 cases of Documents Submission to NVC and waiting for getting DQed (being Documentarily Qualified) .

The concerned VJ members in similar situation may share 1) Date of Docs Submission to NVC , 2) Date of NVC approval / Documentarily Qualified .

This way all concerned VJ members interested in IR-5 visa cases may know the progress of similar cases . Members who recently got DQed may also share their experience .

I have submitted all documents to NVC in the Ist week of June 2020 for IR-5 visa and still waiting for DQed . Hope, all concerned will share their details and progress . Thanks

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I still can't believe they have put IR-5 under immigrant ban. This is confusing since IR-5 is that immediate relative visa category.

Anyway, my i-130 petitions were approved 2/13/20. It took around 80 days for USCIS to forward petitions to NVC, so we only were able to pay for all fees and submit documents on 5/6/20.

Since then we are still waiting on any communication from NVC.

Will let you know if there is any update. So far their timelines are stating that they are reviewing April cases (as of 7/6). Unless something changes, I am most likely to hear from them in 4-6 weeks.

Timeline
16 hours ago, StaGor said:

I still can't believe they have put IR-5 under immigrant ban. This is confusing since IR-5 is that immediate relative visa category.

Anyway, my i-130 petitions were approved 2/13/20. It took around 80 days for USCIS to forward petitions to NVC, so we only were able to pay for all fees and submit documents on 5/6/20.

Since then we are still waiting on any communication from NVC.

Will let you know if there is any update. So far their timelines are stating that they are reviewing April cases (as of 7/6). Unless something changes, I am most likely to hear from them in 4-6 weeks.

As per NVC Timeline , you are hoping to get DQed in 4-6weeks .  It is good to be hopeful . 

However, the  NVC Timeline is very general in nature and does not gaurantee that  IR-5 cases also will be reviewed and DQed by NVC , considering ban on IR-5 till end of this year . What is your opinion ? 

Timeline
On 7/11/2020 at 1:35 AM, Gar9 said:

As per NVC Timeline , you are hoping to get DQed in 4-6weeks .  It is good to be hopeful . 

However, the  NVC Timeline is very general in nature and does not gaurantee that  IR-5 cases also will be reviewed and DQed by NVC , considering ban on IR-5 till end of this year . What is your opinion ? 

I am very new to NVC, these are my first pending cases with them; however I am very familiar with USCIS and SSA and how those two branches of federal government are handling timelines: normally a cutoff date is earlier than date of which the majority of cases are being processed. That is to say the median time of case resolution is usually lesser than that reported by an agency. This is coming from my personal experiences, filing cases with USCIS during both Obama and Trump era administrations.

I was going off the official wording where they admit that first they review cases that are not under travel/immigration ban.

This explains why some people (per VJ forums), uploaded documents to NVC and got DQ'ed in a week. I even remember someone posting some time in June that they got DQ'ed in a matter of day or two.

This also explains why others (such as you and I) are still waiting. Nevertheless my understanding is that indicated timeframes are universal and they are relevant to all cases, not just those "immune" from immigration/travel ban.

As for a "no guarantee of IR-5 cases being reviewed" can you share a source of this?

Timeline
17 hours ago, StaGor said:

I am very new to NVC, these are my first pending cases with them; however I am very familiar with USCIS and SSA and how those two branches of federal government are handling timelines: normally a cutoff date is earlier than date of which the majority of cases are being processed. That is to say the median time of case resolution is usually lesser than that reported by an agency. This is coming from my personal experiences, filing cases with USCIS during both Obama and Trump era administrations.

I was going off the official wording where they admit that first they review cases that are not under travel/immigration ban.

This explains why some people (per VJ forums), uploaded documents to NVC and got DQ'ed in a week. I even remember someone posting some time in June that they got DQ'ed in a matter of day or two.

This also explains why others (such as you and I) are still waiting. Nevertheless my understanding is that indicated timeframes are universal and they are relevant to all cases, not just those "immune" from immigration/travel ban.

As for a "no guarantee of IR-5 cases being reviewed" can you share a source of this?

Applicants who got DQed in a day or a week could be very lucky and exceptional . For sure, our cases are on the other side and we should consider ourselves lucky if DQed in  2-3 months . Now let us analyse NVC timeframe .

Quote - 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html ;

Current case review time: As of 13-JUL-2020, we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 11-APR-2020. Please note, as result of April 22, 2020 Presidential Proclamation, we are reviewing documents for cases not subject to the travel restrictions first.

Un-Quote - 

“  We are reviewing documents for cases not subject to the travel restrictions first.  “   This statement can be viewed in two ways -  

1) If NVC considers documents (Docs) received on batch basis in a defined period , say in one month , then they will review Docs for  (a) cases without restrictions first , as explained above . Subsequently , if time is left in that month then only NVC wil review  b) cases with restriction ( e.g. IR-5 etc. ) .

2) In second situation , if  Nos. of  (a) cases without restrictions is quite large then NVC will go on reviewing such cases till 31st Dec 2020 . Later on  b) cases with restriction ( e.g. IR-5 etc. ) will be reviewed . So there will be huge delay for b) cases with restriction ( e.g. IR-5 etc. ) .

Any way I would like to know your comments and interpretation of the NVC statement , as above . Thanks .

Timeline
On 7/16/2020 at 1:48 AM, Gar9 said:

Applicants who got DQed in a day or a week could be very lucky and exceptional . For sure, our cases are on the other side and we should consider ourselves lucky if DQed in  2-3 months . Now let us analyse NVC timeframe .

Quote - 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html ;

Current case review time: As of 13-JUL-2020, we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 11-APR-2020. Please note, as result of April 22, 2020 Presidential Proclamation, we are reviewing documents for cases not subject to the travel restrictions first.

Un-Quote - 

“  We are reviewing documents for cases not subject to the travel restrictions first.  “   This statement can be viewed in two ways -  

1) If NVC considers documents (Docs) received on batch basis in a defined period , say in one month , then they will review Docs for  (a) cases without restrictions first , as explained above . Subsequently , if time is left in that month then only NVC wil review  b) cases with restriction ( e.g. IR-5 etc. ) .

2) In second situation , if  Nos. of  (a) cases without restrictions is quite large then NVC will go on reviewing such cases till 31st Dec 2020 . Later on  b) cases with restriction ( e.g. IR-5 etc. ) will be reviewed . So there will be huge delay for b) cases with restriction ( e.g. IR-5 etc. ) .

Any way I would like to know your comments and interpretation of the NVC statement , as above . Thanks .

Just got DQ'ed on both IR-5 cases.

NVC received all documents on 5/6 so it took then 77 days to complete the review.

I think now many things will be dependent on the outcome of general elections, covid, consulate and travel.

Good luck!

Timeline
2 hours ago, StaGor said:

Just got DQ'ed on both IR-5 cases.

NVC received all documents on 5/6 so it took then 77 days to complete the review.

I think now many things will be dependent on the outcome of general elections, covid, consulate and travel.

Good luck!

Wow ! Congratulations . If you have received any intimation/ email from NVC , please upload the same , hiding personal details .  Please keep posted on further developements . Thanks . 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Gar9 said:

Wow ! Congratulations . If you have received any intimation/ email from NVC , please upload the same , hiding personal details .  Please keep posted on further developements . Thanks . 

Sure. Please see email info. I am pretty sure your IR-5 cases will get reviewed by NVC as stated per time frames. If they did not guarantee reviewing cases, they probably would have mentioned it.

I think IR-5 will be stopped/paused at the next step of getting scheduled with the consulate/embassy.

Good luck!

NVC.png

Timeline
11 hours ago, StaGor said:

Sure. Please see email info. I am pretty sure your IR-5 cases will get reviewed by NVC as stated per time frames. If they did not guarantee reviewing cases, they probably would have mentioned it.

I think IR-5 will be stopped/paused at the next step of getting scheduled with the consulate/embassy.

Good luck!

NVC.png

Your getting DQed has raised my hopes that all IR-5 cases will be cleared at NVC stage . Subsequently we do not know as to what will happen till end of the year 2020 . Let us hope for the best . Good luck to all IR-5 cases . 

On 7/10/2020 at 2:36 AM, Gar9 said:

This topic is started to share the status and progress of IR-5 cases of Documents Submission to NVC and waiting for getting DQed (being Documentarily Qualified) .

The concerned VJ members in similar situation may share 1) Date of Docs Submission to NVC , 2) Date of NVC approval / Documentarily Qualified .

This way all concerned VJ members interested in IR-5 visa cases may know the progress of similar cases . Members who recently got DQed may also share their experience .

I have submitted all documents to NVC in the Ist week of June 2020 for IR-5 visa and still waiting for DQed . Hope, all concerned will share their details and progress . Thanks

Hello Gar9,

Thank you for starting this thread! There are not many threats on here that focus on IR5 at the NVC stage and interviews, so this is very helpful. Can you by any means change the title to “DQed and Interview”? That’s way people who have already been DQed can share their experience of their parents’ interview too. Thank you!

Timeline
2 hours ago, HanhChi said:

Hello Gar9,

Thank you for starting this thread! There are not many threats on here that focus on IR5 at the NVC stage and interviews, so this is very helpful. Can you by any means change the title to “DQed and Interview”? That’s way people who have already been DQed can share their experience of their parents’ interview too. Thank you!

I shall surely change the title or start a new thread as advised later. However , as I understand in most of the countries US Consulates are closed for Corona-19 Crisis. Secondly , For IR-5 interviews will not take place till end of this year as per the EO .  In any case , we have to now wait ( ..... long wait ) . Any way let us be in touch . Thanks . 

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 7/25/2020 at 9:06 AM, HanhChi said:

Hello Gar9,

Timeline
On 7/24/2020 at 12:35 AM, StaGor said:

Good luck!

NVC.png

Timeline
On 10/16/2020 at 7:55 PM, StaGor said:

Congrats. The wait is long...

In your opinion , what could be the earliest and latest time period in getting the Interview Letter . Any wild guess ?

What will be the basis for priority/sequence for fixing interview date - PD or DQ date ? Thanks .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.