Kmomo2

Kenya Consulate interviews

644 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, GregandNatty said:

Thanks for the on-ground feedback.

I would just comment that the 5,000 backlog number can't only be IR/CR1s, but all VISA categories.  In the best of times (before COVID), Nairobi was processing at most 150 IR/CR1s a month.  If they had 5,000 IR1/CR1 backlogged cases on hand that would mean they had around 3 years worth of cases backlogged.    That isn't possible. 

Prior to COVID, Nairobi was processing about 2,500 VISAs a month across all visa categories (most of which are B1/B2 VISAS), so if they had 5,000 backlogged cases on post then they would have about a 2 month backlog.  This seems about right.

Based on what we were hearing from several others, NVC started sending new IR1/CR1/K1 cases to Nairobi first of March.  This means they had cleared out the backlog of these kinds of cases and were processing new ones.   I feel pretty confident they were processing cases with DQs in mid-late April 2020 right with the latest COVID spike came in Kenya. 

I wanted to make this clarification so people don't freak out thinking their are 5,000 IR1/CR1 cases sitting at the Nairobi embassy right now.  This simply is not possible.  

You are right. Your analogy/calculations seems about right. I freaked out too when she told me that and almost lost hope. Especially when they cancelled our emergency interview. I too think that things will start moving again after mid April - May. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 4/2/2021 at 5:11 PM, shu josh said:

Just an update it has been a while. Interviews are happening I was there on Monday. They've really reduced the numbers, doing emergency and immigrant visas with DQ of Jan-Feb 2020. Those waiting keep checking your emails and let's hope the Covid situation doesn't worsen. Keep hope alive.

How did the interview go? What time did you get there? etc etc Tupe details please

• 06/26/2019 - I-130 priority date
  • 01/08/2020 - I-130 approved
  • 04/02/2020 - DQ (Documentarily Qualified )
  • 07/07/2021 - Interview in Nairobi Kenya (approved)

14 hours ago, GregandNatty said:

Thanks for the on-ground feedback.

I would just comment that the 5,000 backlog number can't only be IR/CR1s, but all VISA categories.  In the best of times (before COVID), Nairobi was processing at most 150 IR/CR1s a month.  If they had 5,000 IR1/CR1 backlogged cases on hand that would mean they had around 3 years worth of IR1/CR1 cases backlogged.    That isn't possible. 

Prior to COVID, Nairobi was processing about 2,500 VISAs a month across all visa categories (most of which are B1/B2 VISAS), so if they had 5,000 backlogged cases on post then they would have about a 2 month backlog.  This seems about right.

Based on what we were hearing from several others, NVC started sending new IR1/CR1/K1 cases to Nairobi first of March.  This means they had cleared out the backlog of these kinds of cases and were processing new ones.   I feel pretty confident they were processing cases with DQs in mid-late April 2020 right when the latest COVID spike came in Kenya. 

I wanted to make this clarification so people don't freak out thinking there are 5,000 IR1/CR1 cases sitting at the Nairobi embassy right now.  This simply is not possible.  

Sorry to burst your bubble but my husbands IR1 case was DQed Feb 24 2020 and they haven’t gotten to it. That goes along with what was said about cases from Jan/Feb 2020 being called for interviews this last week. There’s no way they are in mid April for IR1/CR1 but for K1 maybe. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ahlxndrah93 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but my husbands IR1 case was DQed Feb 24 2020 and they haven’t gotten to it. That goes along with what was said about cases from Jan/Feb 2020 being called for interviews this last week. There’s no way they are in mid April for IR1/CR1 but for K1 maybe. 

Yes there is a way because I have verified interviews from over 10 IR1/CR1 interviews that were transfered from NVC to Nairobi the first of March.

YOU ARE WRONG!

Nobody knows your situation but you.  Your response from NVC and the embassy are very specific to your circumstances and this may or may not line up with what is going on with other people.

You can't say "NO WAY" this is happening, because it is happening and we have proof it is happening.

The facts and the proof say Nariobi is at mid-late April DQ in processing.

You need to actually think before you talk.  There are lots of people who are looking for information.  

What you are saying is 100% wrong, and I have all the on-ground proof to show it.

STOP causing heart ache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by GregandNatty

21 minutes ago, GregandNatty said:

Yes there is a way because I have verified interviews from over 10 IR1/CR1 interviews that were transfered from NVC to Nairobi the first of March.

YOU ARE WRONG!

Nobody knows your situation but you.  Your response from NVC and the embassy are very specific to your circumstances and this may or may not line up with what is going on with other people.

You can't say "NO WAY" this is happening, because it is happening and we have proof it is happening.

The facts and the proof say Nariobi is at mid-late April DQ in processing.

You need to actually think before you talk.  There are lots of people who are looking for information.  

What you are saying is 100% wrong, and I have all the on-ground proof to show it.

STOP causing heart ache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I’m sorry I didn’t mean to cause an issue. You’re not the only one dealing with heartache about this all, and like you said people are here for information, which I believe comes from all of us if I’m not mistaken. 

if what you’re saying is true, did they just “skip” over my husbands visa? And the multiple requests for expedite and senator letters written? I don’t understand how there can be a shift from interviews being done for cases with DQs in Jan/feb last week, to now saying they’re doing them for mid April. Like did we just skip March? Maybe we’re not talking about the same part of the process?

I know it’s tough because we want our families together, but these are genuine concerns I have with what’s being said and would like clarity and information too. I would appreciate and to see some of this “on the ground proof” to see if any of the information could be helpful for our situation as well. 

I understand how my wording could have came off as insensitive, and I am sorry for that. We’re all suffering and should be gentle with each other because honestly, you don’t know what the person on the other side of the screen is going through. my TWO-YEAR OLD has not seen her father in a year because of this all and we continuously get denied expedite even though I have a chronic medical condition. That’s time with his daughter my husband can never get back, so I understand heartbreak. Our case has been sitting at the NVC for a year and a half already and we started this almost 2 and a half years ago now so I too would like some answers. 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Ahlxndrah93 said:

I’m sorry I didn’t mean to cause an issue. You’re not the only one dealing with heartache about this all, and like you said people are here for information, which I believe comes from all of us if I’m not mistaken. 

if what you’re saying is true, did they just “skip” over my husbands visa? And the multiple requests for expedite and senator letters written? I don’t understand how there can be a shift from interviews being done for cases with DQs in Jan/feb last week, to now saying they’re doing them for mid April. Like did we just skip March? Maybe we’re not talking about the same part of the process?

I know it’s tough because we want our families together, but these are genuine concerns I have with what’s being said and would like clarity and information too. I would appreciate and to see some of this “on the ground proof” to see if any of the information could be helpful for our situation as well. 

I understand how my wording could have came off as insensitive, and I am sorry for that. We’re all suffering and should be gentle with each other because honestly, you don’t know what the person on the other side of the screen is going through. my TWO-YEAR OLD has not seen her father in a year because of this all and we continuously get denied expedite even though I have a chronic medical condition. That’s time with his daughter my husband can never get back, so I understand heartbreak. Our case has been sitting at the NVC for a year and a half already and we started this almost 2 and a half years ago now so I too would like some answers. 

When you say you are hearing from someone who works at the Nairobi Embassy, you are making statements that alot of us here are going through the exact same thing.  

We all have our stories and your story isn't any different than others I've talked to., but let's focus on what is really going on here. 

Edited by GregandNatty

Just now, GregandNatty said:

When you say you are hearing from someone who works at the Nairobi Embassy, you are making statements that alot of us here are going to listen to what you have to say, even if what you say is wrong.  

When did I say I heard from the Nairobi embassy? I was mentioning a post a few pages back about someone who said they had an interview last week. I’m new to this site and I don’t know how to add two quotes, sorry. When you say that you have on the ground proof and fail to provide evidence of it the exact same situation occurs. 

On 4/2/2021 at 7:11 AM, shu josh said:

Just an update it has been a while. Interviews are happening I was there on Monday. They've really reduced the numbers, doing emergency and immigrant visas with DQ of Jan-Feb 2020. Those waiting keep checking your emails and let's hope the Covid situation doesn't worsen. Keep hope alive.

This is what I was referencing

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ahlxndrah93 said:

When did I say I heard from the Nairobi embassy? I was mentioning a post a few pages back about someone who said they had an interview last week. I’m new to this site and I don’t know how to add two quotes, sorry. When you say that you have on the ground proof and fail to provide evidence of it the exact same situation occurs. 

There are a group of you nay sayers who keep trying to throw water one the positive things that are going on and I can't for the life of me understand why you are doing this?

Do you enjoy bringing misery to peoples lives?

7 minutes ago, GregandNatty said:

There are a group of you nay sayers who keep trying to throw water one the positive things that are going on and I can't for the life of me understand why you are doing this?

No I’m just trying to understand what you’re saying because it’s not lining up in my mind with our paperwork and the post I linked above.  What exactly do you think I’m doing? And what positive things are you referencing? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ahlxndrah93 said:

No I’m just trying to understand what you’re saying because it’s not lining up in my mind with our paperwork and the post I linked above.  What exactly do you think I’m doing? And what positive things are you referencing? 

I'm also not really sure about where exactly the embassy is at. I know K1 visas that are NOA2 in April who had been scheduled- however none of the IR1 people that I know with a DQ date of late March-April have heard from the embassy. 

I am not sure if NVC is skipping people's cases because of some unique reasons. I do however hope that Greg is right that they are in late April dates.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Kenyan Couple said:

I'm also not really sure about where exactly the embassy is at. I know K1 visas that are NOA2 in April who had been scheduled- however none of the IR1 people that I know with a DQ date of late March-April have heard from the embassy. 

I am not sure if NVC is skipping people's cases because of some unique reasons. I do however hope that Greg is right that they are in late April dates.

I have heard from 5-7 ir1/cr1 people with DQ in late April 2020 who got scheduled.   

Some have now been delayed due go the recent spike.

5 hours ago, GregandNatty said:

Okaaaay? I don’t know why things just got so explosive here just because we are sharing information.... there is no group or none that I am aware of. So I am the one who said I know someone who works at the embassy and I am only relaying information that was shared. These are genuine true information. But if sharing these “on the ground information” is causing you so much heartache that you can’t contain it until you take it out on someone else then all I can say is that I will stop sharing and let us all wait on your “on the ground information” that are “facts”. But I would appreciate if you don’t call me a nay sayers just because you didn’t like what I shared. 

We are all suffering from this. This is affecting all of us and our families. It would be nice if we could be empathetic of one another’s story and not brush it off as you did with Ahlxndrh93’s situation stating “ We all have our stories and your story isn't any different than others”  Eh! Jamani, tuwe na huruma.

As frustrated as you may be with information shared that may not be what you want to hear, at least don’t call others names and be insensitive to their stories. I too wish I could make things better with this excruciating situation or I wish I could take back a quick flight back to Kenya and have the joy to share the delivery of our first baby together with my husband. But am so heavy like an inflated balloon and wobbling like a penguin that I don’t think flying is an option right now lol.

Anyway, if it will make you all feel better, I will stop sharing information. I am not here to burst anyone’s bubble. 

24 minutes ago, MysticGirl said:

Okaaaay? I don’t know why things just got so explosive here just because we are sharing information.... there is no group or none that I am aware of. So I am the one who said I know someone who works at the embassy and I am only relaying information that was shared. These are genuine true information. But if sharing these “on the ground information” is causing you so much heartache that you can’t contain it until you take it out on someone else then all I can say is that I will stop sharing and let us all wait on your “on the ground information” that are “facts”. But I would appreciate if you don’t call me a nay sayers just because you didn’t like what I shared. 

We are all suffering from this. This is affecting all of us and our families. It would be nice if we could be empathetic of one another’s story and not brush it off as you did with Ahlxndrh93’s situation stating “ We all have our stories and your story isn't any different than others”  Eh! Jamani, tuwe na huruma.

As frustrated as you may be with information shared that may not be what you want to hear, at least don’t call others names and be insensitive to their stories. I too wish I could make things better with this excruciating situation or I wish I could take back a quick flight back to Kenya and have the joy to share the delivery of our first baby together with my husband. But am so heavy like an inflated balloon and wobbling like a penguin that I don’t think flying is an option right now lol.

Anyway, if it will make you all feel better, I will stop sharing information. I am not here to burst anyone’s bubble. 

Thank you for saying this. I was very surprised when it all happened last night. I had found this thread a while back and had been following because it seemed like there was lots of good information being shared, but I was not expecting the responses I got. I appreciate the information you’ve shared and I’m sure others do as well so I don’t think you should stop. 

all I’m saying is that there seems to be multiple situations of people who are still waiting to hear with cases DQed in feb, March and early April so maybe we all should just be realistic with everything is at and with our information. Did people with dates in April get interviews, sure, I don’t know. But it also sounds like there are lots of cases in between that have yet to be sent to the embassy so I thought people should be aware of that too. I was also not trying to be a naysayer but we all know how much it sucks to get our hopes up only to get them dashed time and time again. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, MysticGirl said:

No keep sharing the information. What people do with the information is up to them

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.