JoeandArend

I-129F Petitioner Criminal History Declaration Page

8 posts in this topic

Hey All,

I wrote a declaration page which includes a little bit of information regarding my criminal history (none of the specified crimes, so all I needed to provide were certified court records NOT both court and police records). I am the US citizen petitioning, by the way. I wanted to run a gut check to see if this supplement page is okay in your eyes or if I am doing anything wrong/not providing enough information. Personal information is starred out in the text below.

Dear Sir or Madam:

I have three criminal history items that I wanted to disclose per Page 9, Part 3, Item 4.b. All of these offenses are from when I was younger and I have learned my lesson from these incidents.

1.     Offense 1: Sometime in 2010 (cannot remember exact date) I got arrested at the mall in ******** for minor theft (shoplifting). I was 17 at the time. The police department and the courts have no records of this, and according to my lawyer I may have never been formally charged and I only went to “informal” court and the case was thrown out by the judge. I wanted to disclose this to you just in case anything does come up. Juvenile court records are included which show no shoplifting incident exists in any record, only a speeding ticket.

2.     Offense 2: On ****** I got cited and charged with Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence of Alcohol (OVI also known as “DUI”) as well as Possession of Open Alcoholic Beverages in Vehicle (also known as “open container”). The open container was dismissed in court, however the I pled guilty to the OVI. All of the court records are disclosed and all fines/treatment programs were completed.

3.     Offense 3: On ******* I got a “Disorderly Conduct” citation. I had to pay a $130 fine, all details of this citation are included with the court records attached.

Along with this supplement summary page you will find the following pieces of evidence:

1.     Certified ****** County Juvenile Court Record: shows only a speeding ticket and proves no shoplifting case is on record anywhere with the court.

2.     Certified City of ******* Police Statement: No shoplifting case was found so they wrote a statement to further prove the only thing I have on file is my Disorderly Conduct

3.     Certified ******* County Court Records: All information regarding Offense 2

4.     Certified ******* County Court Records: All information regarding Offense 3

Yours truly,

JoeandArend on Visajourney

----- I would appreciate any direction or if anyone can give the green light on what I have written and the evidence provided, this is the last step that I need to complete before sending in the package :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I don’t have personal experience but I Personally wouldn’t include that. In your cover letter I would put your last 4 #s as part of the documents in your packet but as the petitioner you don’t need to explain yourself- the documents do that. Out of the legal documentation verse your interpretation of what occurred The documents hold more weight. If it was a sex crime against children I would be concerned - but yours are not.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I used the additional information page to give a brief description. I included certified court records and police reports where possible. 

I did end up getting an RFE because they apparently didn't accept one of the court records. Which does not make sense to me. Two crimes for the same arrest which were both listed on the I129F. The asked for court records in the RFE which I had already submitted. 

1 minute ago, Solaris81 said:

I used the additional information page to give a brief description. I included certified court records and police reports where possible. 

I did end up getting an RFE because they apparently didn't accept one of the court records. Which does not make sense to me. Two crimes for the same arrest which were both listed on the I129F. The asked for court records in the RFE which I had already submitted. 

Do you think my summary page is okay? Quite frankly, I can't read the handwriting of my court disposition which states the punishment I served for the DUI. I know it was a fine and I took alcohol classes along with license suspended, but I literally cannot read it.

That's why I wanted to provide a brief summary page, along with an explanation that the shoplifting is not coming up in either police or court records so when I include my juvenile history it is certified that there isn't anything on my record (the court would not provide a statement that shoplifting explicitly was not on my record... annoying!) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The court record disposition is handwritten? Does it have a stamp/seal? Usually they are printed out on the court’s letterhead. 

I think it's ok to include the declaration page. The additional information page doesn't have a ton of room to explain things. I might add the initial charges, convictions and punishments/outcomes if you have not already. 

7 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

The court record disposition is handwritten? Does it have a stamp/seal? Usually they are printed out on the court’s letterhead. 

I think it's ok to include the declaration page. The additional information page doesn't have a ton of room to explain things. I might add the initial charges, convictions and punishments/outcomes if you have not already. 

It's on the court's letterhead but it lists the two charges and then the outcome is handwritten. 

• 1 year later...

On 6/30/2020 at 10:25 AM, JoeandArend said:

Hey All,

I wrote a declaration page which includes a little bit of information regarding my criminal history (none of the specified crimes, so all I needed to provide were certified court records NOT both court and police records). I am the US citizen petitioning, by the way. I wanted to run a gut check to see if this supplement page is okay in your eyes or if I am doing anything wrong/not providing enough information. Personal information is starred out in the text below.

Dear Sir or Madam:

I have three criminal history items that I wanted to disclose per Page 9, Part 3, Item 4.b. All of these offenses are from when I was younger and I have learned my lesson from these incidents.

1.     Offense 1: Sometime in 2010 (cannot remember exact date) I got arrested at the mall in ******** for minor theft (shoplifting). I was 17 at the time. The police department and the courts have no records of this, and according to my lawyer I may have never been formally charged and I only went to “informal” court and the case was thrown out by the judge. I wanted to disclose this to you just in case anything does come up. Juvenile court records are included which show no shoplifting incident exists in any record, only a speeding ticket.

2.     Offense 2: On ****** I got cited and charged with Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence of Alcohol (OVI also known as “DUI”) as well as Possession of Open Alcoholic Beverages in Vehicle (also known as “open container”). The open container was dismissed in court, however the I pled guilty to the OVI. All of the court records are disclosed and all fines/treatment programs were completed.

3.     Offense 3: On ******* I got a “Disorderly Conduct” citation. I had to pay a $130 fine, all details of this citation are included with the court records attached.

Along with this supplement summary page you will find the following pieces of evidence:

1.     Certified ****** County Juvenile Court Record: shows only a speeding ticket and proves no shoplifting case is on record anywhere with the court.

2.     Certified City of ******* Police Statement: No shoplifting case was found so they wrote a statement to further prove the only thing I have on file is my Disorderly Conduct

3.     Certified ******* County Court Records: All information regarding Offense 2

4.     Certified ******* County Court Records: All information regarding Offense 3

Yours truly,

how it went??
Also, what would you do if you have a case pending? My petitioner has one court case ongoing. His third hearing is in November but we want to submit the application by the end of the month,

On 6/30/2020 at 10:25 AM, JoeandArend said:

:)

20 hours ago, marthaduran96 said:

Everything went fine for us. We did receive an RFE but it was a one-off -- the officer who cited me for my DUI accidentally checked the box that my marital status was divorced so they were wondering if I had every been married... completely random as I have never been married.

At the end of the day if you disclose absolutely all information you have available and statements from the courts you should be okay. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.