agataa

Polish couples

100 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
4 hours ago, xxlian said:

Was it ever delivered? I'm signed up for Informed Delivery as well, and I recall seeing a "I didn't get this mailpiece" checkbox that you can select to report it if you need.

I haven't checked today's mail yet, but hopefully it will arrive soon.

I reported it initially, but their disclosure says to allow a week before reporting a mail piece as missing as it can take days for delivery. So I took it back.

5 hours ago, agataa said:

Also! I know you guys were worried about the furloughs at USCIS so I bring you some good news:)

https://www.afge.org/article/bipartisan-bill-introduced-to-fund-uscis-to-avoid-furloughs/

Yay!

Timeline
On 7/13/2020 at 3:38 PM, David and Anna said:

^^ that's not good...the travel ban should be the least of our "blockages".  Our thought was for her to go to Turkey or someplace for 2 weeks after getting her K-1 and then fly directly from there to the USA.  I guess the Embassy didn't think people might want to do that.

Hi there!

Just found this forum and I totally agree!

I am willing to travel somewhere for 2 weeks and stay in the hotel or do the self-quarantine or do some test a day before leaving the country... Whatever to just make this apart time any shorter.

I hope we all are going to get through this ❤️ 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi @Kasia & Damian! Our little Polish family is growing! :)

Are any of you guys thinking of meeting up in a 3rd country soon? I’m so stressed about trying to enter on my b1/b2 visa and getting turned back, but as we say in Poland, “kto nie ryzykuje, ten nie pije szampana” (the one who doesn’t take risks, doesn’t drink the champagne). I also haven’t seen any updates from our Warsaw embassy so waiting any longer feels pretty futile 

Timeline
1 minute ago, agataa said:

Are any of you guys thinking of meeting up in a 3rd country soon? I’m so stressed about trying to enter on my b1/b2 visa and getting turned back, but as we say in Poland, “kto nie ryzykuje, ten nie pije szampana” (the one who doesn’t take risks, doesn’t drink the champagne). I also haven’t seen any updates from our Warsaw embassy so waiting any longer feels pretty futile 

It's nice to support each other!

As most of our close ones doesn't know how it feels to be stuck on different continents.

I am also thinking about entering on my travel visa- if you would- let us know! :)

I was trying to contact our embasy because we were counting to have some exceptional interview due to the health issues of my fiance as he has to have the surgery soon. I saw on VJ that some embassies are allowing it- but our just responded that there is a travel ban and we have to wait... Seems really not supportive to the U.S. Citizen which need physicall help and support. I'll keep you updated.

Would you concider just to travel straight to the U.S or through some other country and waiting there for 2 weeks?

Timeline
14 hours ago, Kasia & Damian said:

It's nice to support each other!

As most of our close ones doesn't know how it feels to be stuck on different continents.

I am also thinking about entering on my travel visa- if you would- let us know! :)

I was trying to contact our embasy because we were counting to have some exceptional interview due to the health issues of my fiance as he has to have the surgery soon. I saw on VJ that some embassies are allowing it- but our just responded that there is a travel ban and we have to wait... Seems really not supportive to the U.S. Citizen which need physicall help and support. I'll keep you updated.

Would you concider just to travel straight to the U.S or through some other country and waiting there for 2 weeks?

Oh no, I’m so sorry that your fiance is going through health issues :( it’s so sad that our embassy won’t even grant you an emergency interview, that’s so disappointing :( I hope you keep trying, I know it’s chaos there right now, I remember getting an email that was just not true from them about my inquiry as to whether or not K1 visa was banned under the PP about immigrants. 

Oh no, I wouldn’t travel from Warsaw because of the Schengen travel ban, unless a miracle happens and they lift it :D right now we’re planning on meeting in Turkey for 15-16 days in September and flying to NYC from there. I keep getting those waves of anxiety when I think about it, because what if they cancel my B1B2, but I guess I won’t know until I try

Timeline
3 hours ago, agataa said:

Oh no, I’m so sorry that your fiance is going through health issues :( it’s so sad that our embassy won’t even grant you an emergency interview, that’s so disappointing :( I hope you keep trying, I know it’s chaos there right now, I remember getting an email that was just not true from them about my inquiry as to whether or not K1 visa was banned under the PP about immigrants. 

Oh no, I wouldn’t travel from Warsaw because of the Schengen travel ban, unless a miracle happens and they lift it :D right now we’re planning on meeting in Turkey for 15-16 days in September and flying to NYC from there. I keep getting those waves of anxiety when I think about it, because what if they cancel my B1B2, but I guess I won’t know until I try

That’s a great idea! Closer to September you’ll be able check some flights and act as you go. I keep my fingers crossed for you to see each other 💖

Timeline
2 hours ago, agataa said:

Hmmm I guess our embassy will resume some services July 20th, but probably nothing for k1 until the schengen travel ban is lifted :(

05112F61-3FD7-4E05-AE96-C0161D7AA1AE.png

I just came here to post this. I'm not sure whether they'll begin processing K1s before the travel ban is lifted or not. This does feel like a step forward, at least. Even if they don't start processing the K1s yet, maybe getting through any backlog when they do open on July 20 would mean that the K1s could be processed faster once the travel ban is lifted. I'm not sure; I'm just trying very hard to be hopeful at the moment 😂

Timeline
31 minutes ago, xxlian said:

I just came here to post this. I'm not sure whether they'll begin processing K1s before the travel ban is lifted or not. This does feel like a step forward, at least. Even if they don't start processing the K1s yet, maybe getting through any backlog when they do open on July 20 would mean that the K1s could be processed faster once the travel ban is lifted. I'm not sure; I'm just trying very hard to be hopeful at the moment 😂

I’m pretty positive that we have to wait until the travel ban is lifted, which will happen... who knows when! But you’re right, maybe at least that means that once they start processing our visas, the queue will be much shorter :)

Timeline
22 hours ago, agataa said:

we have researched but sorta given up given the limited choices and complexities (if not the risks).

Edited by David and Anna

Timeline
2 hours ago, xxlian said:

I read thru the "potentially allowed" visa persons list in the revised EO and it comes no where near mentioning family or fiances.  This non-immigrant visa "opening" is for students and people with important work in the USA mostly.  My take is that the fiances and family is covered by the other EO and that, rightly or wrongly, many embassies are grouping K-1's with immigrant visas.  And thus I fear that we are not only awaiting the removal of the EU travel ban, but also the removal of the stop on immigration. (I know that the EO neither includes nor excludes K-1s in its scope - its that lack of clarity in the EO that is leading to much guessing and contradictory replies from various embassies about whether K-1's can move forward or not).

Timeline

one more thing...reading the list of who is allowed to apply to come on their visa, my take is that B1 or ESTA that are trying to come for tourism/visit are not allowed under the revised EO.  (because those purposes of travel are not listed)  My quick read is that you have to apply for some sort of waiver with the embassy and that is when they will screen for purpose of the visit.

From the Warsaw website:

5. I have a valid U.S. visa or ESTA and believe that I may qualify for a national interest exception (NIE).  How do I apply? 

If you hold a valid visa and believe that you qualify for a national interest exception (business travelers providing a substantial economic benefit, academics, and persons traveling for certain humanitarian reasons), 

Edited by David and Anna

Timeline
57 minutes ago, David and Anna said:

one more thing...reading the list of who is allowed to apply to come on their visa, my take is that B1 or ESTA that are trying to come for tourism/visit are not allowed under the revised EO.  (because those purposes of travel are not listed)  My quick read is that you have to apply for some sort of waiver with the embassy and that is when they will screen for purpose of the visit.

From the Warsaw website:

5. I have a valid U.S. visa or ESTA and believe that I may qualify for a national interest exception (NIE).  How do I apply? 

If you hold a valid visa and believe that you qualify for a national interest exception (business travelers providing a substantial economic benefit, academics, and persons traveling for certain humanitarian reasons), 

Hmmmm I’m not entirely sure about this, the way I read it is that because of the Schengen ban, if you have a valid ESTA/b1, you might apply for the NIE. If you just want to visit, technically you can’t, but quarantining in a non Schengen country is a potential way to override that? So yeah, those traveling for “leisure” aren’t allowed because of the travel ban, not because of the other EOs?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, agataa said:

Hmmmm I’m not entirely sure about this, the way I read it is that because of the Schengen ban, if you have a valid ESTA/b1, you might apply for the NIE. If you just want to visit, technically you can’t, but quarantining in a non Schengen country is a potential way to override that? So yeah, those traveling for “leisure” aren’t allowed because of the travel ban, not because of the other EOs?

I'm reading it (I could be wrong of course) as you have to apply for an NIE to go with a valid Visa or ESTA.  And that the NIE will only be approved if you meet one of the conditions listed.  I *think* you are saying that if you enter the USA from a third country other than Poland (say Turkey) then you don't need the NIE and can enter the USA with your regular B1 or ESTA. That's possible, but not clearly addressed in the new language, so you would have to investigate...they didn't say if these NIE's are needed for any Polish passport entering the USA regardless of where the flight originates or not...

Timeline

so the embassy is now processing two types of visa's in two broad categories:

-  Family (spouse and young children)

-  Business travelers providing a substantial economic benefit, academics, and persons traveling for certain humanitarian reasons (with an approved NIE)

Sadly left out of that is significant others, domestic partners and fiances...we are waiting like all other immigrant and non-immigrant applicants...

(some countries have recognized this "problem" and have changed their policies to allow for such persons to reunite...IIRC 2-3 in Europe have issued such policy changes thus far)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.