agataa

Polish couples

100 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi, I was wondering if there are any polish people here who are applying for visas currently, I think in those strange times it would be good to keep in touch and keep each other updated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
13 hours ago, agataa said:

Hi, I was wondering if there are any polish people here who are applying for visas currently, I think in those strange times it would be good to keep in touch and keep each other updated.

I’m about to submit for a K-1 Visa, but the potential USCIS furlough, embassy closures, and visa delays have me seriously considering moving to Poland as soon as I can clear a path through commercial travel.

Wish there was a Visa Journey website for going in the other direction.

Timeline
8 hours ago, holdingonforhope said:

I’m about to submit for a K-1 Visa, but the potential USCIS furlough, embassy closures, and visa delays have me seriously considering moving to Poland as soon as I can clear a path through commercial travel.

Wish there was a Visa Journey website for going in the other direction.

We’re considering moving somewhere else in the EU too (sadly Poland doesn’t recognize same sex marriage), I think if you and your partner married first it would be much easier for you to move here!

Timeline
4 hours ago, agataa said:

We’re considering moving somewhere else in the EU too (sadly Poland doesn’t recognize same sex marriage), I think if you and your partner married first it would be much easier for you to move here!

We are hoping for a Catholic wedding. If we can’t do it here in the US, I don’t think I could deny her that wedding back in Poland with her parents there to witness.

I’m new to all this, but I feel Visa Waiver Program countries like Poland really should be on a K-1 Visa fast track since we clearly already trust the Polish people enough to travel to the USA without prior notice.

Timeline
13 hours ago, agataa said:

We're a same-sex couple as well (I'm the U.S. petitioner), and that, along with some other factors, is the primary reason that we chose K1 over IR1/CR1. We just received our NOA1 yesterday, so we're hoping that things will be a little better with the virus/travel bans by the time we get to the embassy stage. I'm very anxious about the possible USCIS furloughs, though, and we really want to be able to have another visit...

Timeline
15 hours ago, xxlian said:

We're a same-sex couple as well (I'm the U.S. petitioner), and that, along with some other factors, is the primary reason that we chose K1 over IR1/CR1. We just received our NOA1 yesterday, so we're hoping that things will be a little better with the virus/travel bans by the time we get to the embassy stage. I'm very anxious about the possible USCIS furloughs, though, and we really want to be able to have another visit...

Those furloughs are making me anxious too. And with with the EU about to ban travel from the USA when they re-open, it's just making me feel powerless and restless almost all the time when I'm not busy.

Edited by holdingonforhope

Timeline
3 hours ago, holdingonforhope said:

Those furloughs are making me anxious too. And with with the EU about to ban travel from the USA when they re-open, it's just making me feel powerless and restless almost all the time when I'm not busy.

I can definitely relate to that. :(

Timeline

I know that it’s very difficult and scary now but hey, at least we’re not alone in this! Poland will start processing our visas (those that are at that stage, of course) as soon as the travel ban is lifted, I got an email from them about that yesterday. USCIS stage is a little more complicated and of course the travel ban makes things even worse, but I do feel like things are at least heading in the right direction 

Timeline

Hi everyone, just checking in to see how you’re doing! 

I’ve been thinking a lot and my fiancé has to leave Poland this month to go back to the US. I think I’ll try visiting him in September with a 15 day stop in Serbia, if things don’t get better by then

Timeline
On 7/2/2020 at 12:57 PM, agataa said:

I’ve been thinking a lot and my fiancé has to leave Poland this month to go back to the US. I think I’ll try visiting him in September with a 15 day stop in Serbia, if things don’t get better by then

I've just been trying to do my best to keep my stress down about how the virus and the possible USCIS furloughs are going to affect our visa process. Currently I'm not doing so well with that.

Timeline
On 7/2/2020 at 12:57 PM, agataa said:

Hi, agataa.

Hope things are better by then, too. I've scheduled 3 weeks vacation from my job for September in the hopes of going to Poland to be with my fiancée.

I sent my I-129f and it was delivered on June 30, but I still haven't gotten my NOA1 nor has the check payment been debited from my bank account, which makes me bit anxious. I checked @xxlian's timeline and they got theirs about 9 days after when they submitted back in June, so I'm hoping I get some kind of action by tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Hope I didn't make a mistake or that they're not just letting them sit unchecked because of the upcoming furloughs.

Working on a back-up plan to move to Poland if things don't work out (it would actually be my Plan A if I spoke Polish and had job skills that are easily transferable to Poland). My main concern about moving to Poland is the income requirements for my fiancée to sponsor me there. I asked her to do the research, but it overwhelms her a bit.

I'm starting to learn to code in the hopes that if I do move to Poland, I don't just become her burden. I'm not even sure if they hire web developers in Poland without programming degrees, but I hope they do.

Sorry for the wall of text / venting. Thank you for checking in with us and I hope you're well.

On 7/4/2020 at 10:30 AM, xxlian said:

I've just been trying to do my best to keep my stress down about how the virus and the possible USCIS furloughs are going to affect our visa process. Currently I'm not doing so well with that.

Same things are on my mind. Hang in there, xxlian. I'm hoping we get some good news in a few weeks.

Timeline
57 minutes ago, holdingonforhope said:

Hi, agataa.

Hope things are better by then, too. I've scheduled 3 weeks vacation from my job for September in the hopes of going to Poland to be with my fiancée.

I sent my I-129f and it was delivered on June 30, but I still haven't gotten my NOA1 nor has the check payment been debited from my bank account, which makes me bit anxious. I checked @xxlian's timeline and they got theirs about 9 days after when they submitted back in June, so I'm hoping I get some kind of action by tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Hope I didn't make a mistake or that they're not just letting them sit unchecked because of the upcoming furloughs.

Working on a back-up plan to move to Poland if things don't work out (it would actually be my Plan A if I spoke Polish and had job skills that are easily transferable to Poland). My main concern about moving to Poland is the income requirements for my fiancée to sponsor me there. I asked her to do the research, but it overwhelms her a bit.

I'm starting to learn to code in the hopes that if I do move to Poland, I don't just become her burden. I'm not even sure if they hire web developers in Poland without programming degrees, but I hope they do.

Sorry for the wall of text / venting. Thank you for checking in with us and I hope you're well.

Same things are on my mind. Hang in there, xxlian. I'm hoping we get some good news in a few weeks.

Don't worry -- your timeline seems right! I got the text at around 6:40 PM that evening, which seems pretty standard as far as when they send them out. I kind of expected to get it early in the morning, so don't let that worry you. Also, I got the text at least a couple days before the check was debited from my bank account.

Also, not sure if you saw this article (https://www.law360.com/aerospace/articles/1289762/congress-plans-new-funding-bill-to-aid-uscis-shortfall), but it is the most hopeful news I have seen so far concerning the possible furloughs. Things are moving slowly, but that does seem to be the nature of immigration services and government in general, so hang in there!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, xxlian said:

Don't worry -- your timeline seems right! I got the text at around 6:40 PM that evening, which seems pretty standard as far as when they send them out. I kind of expected to get it early in the morning, so don't let that worry you. Also, I got the text at least a couple days before the check was debited from my bank account.

Also, not sure if you saw this article (https://www.law360.com/aerospace/articles/1289762/congress-plans-new-funding-bill-to-aid-uscis-shortfall), but it is the most hopeful news I have seen so far concerning the possible furloughs. Things are moving slowly, but that does seem to be the nature of immigration services and government in general, so hang in there!

Thank you, @xxlian! I hadn't seen that yet. Thank you for sharing. That's great. I really hope they can make it happen.

Timeline
45 minutes ago, holdingonforhope said:

Thank you, @xxlian! I hadn't seen that yet. Thank you for sharing. That's great. I really hope they can make it happen.

I really hope so. I've had to make myself stop checking the news about it constantly, especially since I learned that Congress is on break right now and won't return until July 20. I assume our news regarding the furloughs will come sometime within the last two weeks of July.

Timeline
13 hours ago, xxlian said:

Don't worry -- your timeline seems right! I got the text at around 6:40 PM that evening, which seems pretty standard as far as when they send them out.

You were right. I got the text at 6:18 PM last night.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.