agataa

Polish couples

100 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I'm here.  Got our NOA2 back on April 22.  But nothing since of course.  Dead stopped in the process now for nearing 3 months.

We have been apart since we both left the UK on June 1, she to Poland and me to USA.  We had planned for me to go to Poland for 3 weeks in August...i still have flights booked...but not counting on it.  Not sure what we will do or when we will see each other at this point.  And clearly not counting on getting an interview and an issued K-1 in Warsaw anytime soon.

What has anyone heard about when the Warsaw embassy might reopen for K-1s?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
11 hours ago, David and Anna said:

I'm here.  Got our NOA2 back on April 22.  But nothing since of course.  Dead stopped in the process now for nearing 3 months.

We have been apart since we both left the UK on June 1, she to Poland and me to USA.  We had planned for me to go to Poland for 3 weeks in August...i still have flights booked...but not counting on it.  Not sure what we will do or when we will see each other at this point.  And clearly not counting on getting an interview and an issued K-1 in Warsaw anytime soon.

What has anyone heard about when the Warsaw embassy might reopen for K-1s?

Yeah sadly August looks... not very good :( I hope I’m wrong and I’m clinging onto Pompeo’s words that they’re working on travel restrictions between the US and Europe but I’m not too optimistic. My fiancé just left and we decided to go to Turkey in September and then try to go back together to the US, me on my b1/2 visa, to stay for a month or so. If they don’t let me in at least we’ll have those 2 weeks together. 

All I saw was the tweet you probably already saw, about consulates being allowed to begin the phased resumption of routine visa services, which definitely seems like a good sign, but I’m worried that nothing will change for us because of the travel ban :( I’m tempted to email the embassy but at this point I’m worried that they’ll remember my name as the annoying one who keeps bugging them and it’ll bite me in the *** during the interview lol

I hope you’re all doing as well as you can under those circumstances and that we will be reunited with our loved ones soon. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, agataa said:

Also, the timing might be a total coincidence but a few days ago I got a copy of our NOA2? I thought that only the petitioner gets one, and that one arrived back in April

hmmm...how did you receive it?  (mail or email or)

Timeline
16 minutes ago, agataa said:

Yeah sadly August looks... not very good :( I hope I’m wrong and I’m clinging onto Pompeo’s words that they’re working on travel restrictions between the US and Europe but I’m not too optimistic. My fiancé just left and we decided to go to Turkey in September

I saw a NY Times story on where American's can go and Turkey also stood out as someplace we both could meet.  We *might* go there in August if Poland is still a no go for me.  We have both been to Istanbul, but that's it.  Its not high on our visit list, but in a pinch would do.  Any suggestions on where to go in Turkey?

Edited by David and Anna

Timeline
2 minutes ago, David and Anna said:

hmmm...how did you receive it?  (mail or email or)

By mail, which really surprised me because I thought we’d get only one copy. I did see this: just now on Twitter so I guess we have to wait until the travel ban is lifted :( 

33176F06-CABF-402B-9F5D-57373A7BE2DA.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, David and Anna said:

I saw a NY Times story on where American's can go and Turkey also stood out as someplace we both could meet.  We *might* go there in August if Poland is still a no go for me.  We have both been to Istanbul, but that's it.  Its not high on our visit list, but in a pinch would do.  Any suggestions on where to go in Turkey?

Yep, I’ve been keeping an eye on places where we could meet and right now, with what’s happening in Serbia, Turkey feels like the best option. We won’t pull the trigger on anything until the middle of August because things are just so uncertain. Sadly no suggestions, I have never been to Turkey so we’ll probably aim for Istanbul:)

Timeline

^^ that's not good...the travel ban should be the least of our "blockages".  Our thought was for her to go to Turkey or someplace for 2 weeks after getting her K-1 and then fly directly from there to the USA.  I guess the Embassy didn't think people might want to do that.

Timeline
1 minute ago, David and Anna said:

^^ that's not good...the travel ban should be the least of our "blockages".  Our thought was for her to go to Turkey or someplace for 2 weeks after getting her K-1 and then fly directly from there to the USA.  I guess the Embassy didn't think people might want to do that.

Yeah, on one hand I understand that issuing visas that might expire if the travel ban isn’t lifted is a risky game, but idk... I would do anything to get my visa now, I was supposed to be married this summer and it really stings that there’s no proper updates about the travel ban :( EU at least provided us with criteria for opening the external borders, but it feels like it’s not a priority for the US

Timeline

So, I'm setup for the US Postal service to send me a daily report via email ("USPS Informed Delivery") about the pieces of mail that are set to be delivered to my home every day. They take pictures of each mail piece, save for ads / flyers.

I set it a long time ago and don't really pay much attention to it, but it is nice to have. This morning, among other pieces of mail in my report, there was a picture of the USCIS California Service Center envelope. I was excited and looking forward to have this in my possession.

It wasn't delivered.

All other pieces of mail in the report were delivered. I want to believe it's an honest mistake, but there's a part of me that was afraid this might happen. Also had bit of a row with the mail carrier a few years ago -- don't know if he's still on my route and holding grudges.

I already reported it as missing. If you're not signed up for this service, I recommend signing up for it.

Timeline

Follow-Up: I read up about the USPS Informed Delivery, and this is part of their disclosure:

Mail may arrive several days after you receive this notification. Please allow up to a week for delivery before reporting missing mail.

I may have jumped the gun, so forgive me for reacting in an overly cynical fashion but it really was the only piece of mail that was missing from this morning's email.

Edited by holdingonforhope

Timeline
8 hours ago, holdingonforhope said:

Follow-Up: I read up about the USPS Informed Delivery, and this is part of their disclosure:

I may have jumped the gun, so forgive me for reacting in an overly cynical fashion but it really was the only piece of mail that was missing from this morning's email.

I think reacting like that is completely understandable, we’re all a little on edge:) I’m hope you get that piece of mail soon!

also, have you guys seen this? 

I know it’s a long shot and I don’t think EU is going to lift the restrictions on US anytime soon, but maybe at least they’ll discuss what Denmark did, meaning uniting binational couples? 🤞 

Timeline

Also! I know you guys were worried about the furloughs at USCIS so I bring you some good news:)

https://www.afge.org/article/bipartisan-bill-introduced-to-fund-uscis-to-avoid-furloughs/

Timeline
23 hours ago, holdingonforhope said:

So, I'm setup for the US Postal service to send me a daily report via email ("USPS Informed Delivery") about the pieces of mail that are set to be delivered to my home every day. They take pictures of each mail piece, save for ads / flyers.

I set it a long time ago and don't really pay much attention to it, but it is nice to have. This morning, among other pieces of mail in my report, there was a picture of the USCIS California Service Center envelope. I was excited and looking forward to have this in my possession.

It wasn't delivered.

All other pieces of mail in the report were delivered. I want to believe it's an honest mistake, but there's a part of me that was afraid this might happen. Also had bit of a row with the mail carrier a few years ago -- don't know if he's still on my route and holding grudges.

I already reported it as missing. If you're not signed up for this service, I recommend signing up for it.

Was it ever delivered? I'm signed up for Informed Delivery as well, and I recall seeing a "I didn't get this mailpiece" checkbox that you can select to report it if you need.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.