agataa

Polish couples

100 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
6 hours ago, agataa said:

@xxlian, this would give me hope except that even countries that are not under the Schengen ban still aren’t processing k1s :( at this point I’m pretty positive nothing will happen until at least the end of the year...

Yeah, I was confused as to why it was showing up this way. Between this and the increasingly imminent USCIS furloughs, I've been trying so hard to manage my stress levels lately. I'm just sad. :(

Timeline
On 8/16/2020 at 3:31 PM, xxlian said:

Yeah, I was confused as to why it was showing up this way. Between this and the increasingly imminent USCIS furloughs, I've been trying so hard to manage my stress levels lately. I'm just sad. :(

Yeah I get that 100% :( 

Sadly, I have more bad news; according to the documents provided by the US government in the visa ban litigation, k1s are to be treated as the lowest priority :( obviously we’re also under the Schengen ban, so things are looking pretty bleak. Greg Siskind on Twitter and his lawyers are thinking of suing the Trump administration over the treatment of k1 visas and are looking for people interested in joining, if you guys are interested in taking part in the lawsuit.

Personally, I think by the end of this week I will book my tickets to Turkey and then to NYC, so if any of you is thinking of doing the same, I’d love to meet up :) I really want to do this asap as I’m worried about things shutting down again in fall :(

Timeline
3 hours ago, agataa said:

Yeah I get that 100% :( 

Sadly, I have more bad news; according to the documents provided by the US government in the visa ban litigation, k1s are to be treated as the lowest priority :( obviously we’re also under the Schengen ban, so things are looking pretty bleak. Greg Siskind on Twitter and his lawyers are thinking of suing the Trump administration over the treatment of k1 visas and are looking for people interested in joining, if you guys are interested in taking part in the lawsuit.

Personally, I think by the end of this week I will book my tickets to Turkey and then to NYC, so if any of you is thinking of doing the same, I’d love to meet up :) I really want to do this asap as I’m worried about things shutting down again in fall :(

I have to be honest and say that this absolutely crushed the remaining hope I had

Timeline
28 minutes ago, xxlian said:

I have to be honest and say that this absolutely crushed the remaining hope I had

I’m really sorry, I hate to be the bearer of bad news :( I’m truly starting to wonder if abandoning k1, getting married and starting all over with a cr1 visa wouldn’t be the worst idea right now, I just wish we had some sort of a deadline to look forward to, anything really 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, agataa said:

I’m really sorry, I hate to be the bearer of bad news :( I’m truly starting to wonder if abandoning k1, getting married and starting all over with a cr1 visa wouldn’t be the worst idea right now, I just wish we had some sort of a deadline to look forward to, anything really 

Now that I’ve cried it out lol, I still have a feeling that they’re going to start processing K1s within the next few months. I do get the idea of starting over with the CR1 visa (which we can’t do), but then what if the embassies start processing K1s during that long wait time? It’s frustrating, but I don’t know that it’s hopeless. 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, xxlian said:

Now that I’ve cried it out lol, I still have a feeling that they’re going to start processing K1s within the next few months. I do get the idea of starting over with the CR1 visa (which we can’t do), but then what if the embassies start processing K1s during that long wait time? It’s frustrating, but I don’t know that it’s hopeless. 

Oh man I’m really sorry about making you cry with those news :( Yeah, I keep going back and forth but getting married would be very difficult because my fiance is transgender so obviously we can’t get married here, even if they would let him in. And knowing my luck the embassy would start processing k1s the day after the ceremony so :D I’m really curious to see what happens with the lawsuit, maybe that could be the light at the end of the tunnel for us

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
8 hours ago, xxlian said:

ohhh 💕 I know how it feels. In June I thought after end of the ban all k1 procedures will be back on track. When I found out about the news.. I really cried and I was devastated. But you know what? As you said- follow your feeling- make everything you can to fight for your rights and to do everything you can to achieve your goal! 
everything is possible and sky is the limit!

maybe going through Croatia as so many others would be some solution?

I’m in contact with a girl who is in Croatia now- I’m keeping my fingers crossed for her and everyone who wants to reunite! 💖

Timeline
3 hours ago, xxlian said:

Poland issued ONE K-1 visa in July (after none since April). I have to celebrate the small things :yes:

Wow!

do you mnie the person and circumstances?

thats amazing 👏👏👏👏

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Kasia & Damian said:

Wow!

do you mnie the person and circumstances?

thats amazing 👏👏👏👏

I don't, so I'm not sure if they had an emergency appointment or not, but still, they issued one after not issuing any for months in a row, so I got a little excited. 

You can find the info on July's monthly nonimmigrant visa issuance statistics listed here by country: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyNIVIssuances/JULY 2020 - NIV Issuances by Nationality and Visa Class.pdf

Timeline
3 hours ago, xxlian said:

I don't, so I'm not sure if they had an emergency appointment or not, but still, they issued one after not issuing any for months in a row, so I got a little excited. 

You can find the info on July's monthly nonimmigrant visa issuance statistics listed here by country: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyNIVIssuances/JULY 2020 - NIV Issuances by Nationality and Visa Class.pdf

curious how many will be on August. I really hope we will be one of them 😍 🤞🏻

but as I said before: we have to have a hope!

Timeline
8 hours ago, agataa said:

Guys!! I have to update you: I just booked my tickets! 3-19.09 Istanbul, 19.09 flying to NYC!! Please keep your fingers crossed for me!

We are keeping our fingers crossed!

and I hope to go to Croatia really soon so I’ll keep you updated! 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Good luck reuniting with your partners on these trips!

As for us, our plan was for me to go to Turkey on 15 September and then onto Krakow when able (after 2 weeks quarantine or sooner if tested negative).  Sadly today I learned that Hungary is closing their borders to all foreigners.  Similarly there are some new restrictions for Croatia to Poland beginning in September.  Those were the only 2 ideas I had for getting to Krakow. 

And that's not to mention that the US Embassy site says that US Citizens are strictly not allowed to enter Poland at all (unless fitting into one of the exemptions, which I do not).  Obviously some American's have gone into Poland in recent weeks without meeting the exemptions, and the border guards in some cases didn't stop them (in other cases they didn't have to talk to a border guard as they came into Poland from a schengen country.

So...I need a Plan C...anyone got any ideas...

Its been 3 months apart as of today...we have been together for 7+ years and the longest prior time apart was 5 weeks...and we had lived together full-time the past 2 years before having to split up due to covid and these restrictions...need to see each other soon...

Edited by David and Anna

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Slightly off topic but is there anyone here who recently had their CR1/IR1 interview? Just wondering what's the Warsaw embassy's backlog and the current interview waiting time. 

PS. Hopefully soon all this lockdown situation will ease out. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.