20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Jules15 said:

Oh man that didn’t occur to me? I printed out the    one that USCIS lead me to print. It’s titled “Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the INA”. Thanks for your advice. 

I'm talking about the household size. If one thing is wrong in the form, the whole form becomes invalid. No matter what proof you sent, that mistake on the household size invalidated the whole affidavit.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ayrton said:

I'm talking about the household size. If one thing is wrong in the form, the whole form becomes invalid. No matter what proof you sent, that mistake on the household size invalidated the whole affidavit.

Gotcha, I understand now. I think I’ve figured out my mistake now and I’m working on it. So where it auto populates to “1”, do I just put a line through it, initial it, and write the correct household size instead? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, Jules15 said:

Gotcha, I understand now. I think I’ve figured out my mistake now and I’m working on it. So where it auto populates to “1”, do I just put a line through it, initial it, and write the correct household size instead? 

Just print a blank form and write it down. Or use Adobe and it will add the correct amount.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Jules15 said:

No - you either print out a blank form. There’s a line where you enter “1” for your husband and another line where you enter “1” for yourself, total “2” at the bottom. If you want to fill it out digital, use adobe acrobat and by entering the two “1”s it will auto-calculate the last line to “2”.

Make sure to carefully read all instructions for the form and triple check - they usually give 1 attempt to correct it (but no pressure) :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
On 6/21/2020 at 12:42 PM, Jules15 said:

I think I have realized my mistake when filing out the affidavit of support. I filed I-864 and under “part 1. basis for filing affidavit of support”, I, without thinking, selected item number 1a. After reading the instructions on how to fill out the affidavit of support, I believe I should have checked item  1.d because I am no the only one sponsoring my husband. Please correct me if I am wrong though but I’m assuming that’s where I went wrong. I’ll

Nope, that’s not your mistake. You are the petitioner who filed for your spouse. 1a is correct.

On 6/21/2020 at 12:42 PM, Jules15 said:

I’ll also have to correct the household size under part 5 and 2. So do I just cross out the “1” and put in a “2” because it is just my husband and I. 

Part 3. Information About the Immigrants You Are Sponsoring (continued)
   29. Enter the total number of immigrants you are sponsoring on this affidavit which includes the principal immigrant listed in Part 2., any immigrants listed in Part 3., Item
Numbers 1. - 28. and (if applicable), any immigrants listed for these questions in Part 11. Additional Information. Do not count the principal immigrant if you are only sponsoring family members entering more than 6 months after the principal immigrant..............................1

Part 5. Sponsor's Household Size
NOTE: Do not count any member of your household more than once.

Persons you are sponsoring in this affidavit:
1. Provide the number you entered in Part 3., Item Number 29...................1

Persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit:
2. Yourself.............................................. 1 ( because you are the sponsor filling this out)
3. If you are currently married, enter "1" for your spouse.......LEAVE BLANK (He’s already counted in #1)

8. Add together Part 5., Item Numbers 1. - 7. and enter the number here.
Household Size:  2

Edited by Wuozopo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.