holdingonforhope

K-1 Visa | Passport Stamps and Boarding Passes

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I'm stressing out a bit here. I'm usually a pack rat and I can find boarding passes / luggage tickets a long time after I've traveled, but I'm not finding them.

I've called Lufthansa 3 different times, and gotten 3 different answers as to how much they can provide for me in terms of proof of my September 2019 trip. Anyone with experience in these matters know what kind of phrasing to use or what kind of department to ask to speak with? Trying to get solid documentation and have the I-129F sent in rush mail by July 3rd.

I do have my passport, but unfortunately ever time I've visited I've only gotten Passport Control / Stamped in Germany.  After Germany, they let me board to Poland and there's no stamping going on in Poland. Same going back, I get stamped in Germany and USA but not in Poland.

I do have my Itineraries (which I understand from other posts that they don't amount to much in terms of proof). I have digital boarding passes on my iPhones' Apple Wallet, though. Would it be worth printing those out?

No receipts for purchases in Poland, to speak of. I got one very small cash withdrawal in Poland my Checking Account statement for the appropriate dates, for whatever that's worth. Should I include it in my packet?

Thanks in advance to anyone with some insight and helpful tips.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I just filed (this week!) and literally had the same dilemma -- for the same country, even. I submitted photographs, a scan of my passport stamps, travel itinerary, and a written statement about the visit. From my understanding, we only got passport stamps in Germany and not in Poland because Germany was when we entered the Schengen Area (therefore, Germany to Poland would be traveling within the Schengen Area, so no passport stamp required); I'm just hoping/expecting that USCIS will recognize that as well. I also called the airline, but no real help there...

Timeline
21 minutes ago, xxlian said:

From my understanding, we only got passport stamps in Germany and not in Poland because Germany was when we entered the Schengen Area (therefore, Germany to Poland would be traveling within the Schengen Area, so no passport stamp required); I'm just hoping/expecting that USCIS will recognize that as well. I also called the airline, but no real help there...

That's my understanding too. But even one of the Lufthansa agents was raising eyebrows at it: "There should have been customs in Poland for you."

I'm still going to try to keep pushing with Lufthansa (squeaky wheel gets the grease) to see if I can get something from them, but if it comes down to it, I'm hoping the person reviewing the package can accept the explanation about arriving within the Schegen Area.

PS: Best of luck you and your loved one, xxlian. I hope you're together soon.

Edited by holdingonforhope

Print the boarding passes from your phone. Do you have further evidence of being in Poland? ATM transactions? Credit card transactions? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
18 minutes ago, JFH said:

Print the boarding passes from your phone. Do you have further evidence of being in Poland? ATM transactions? Credit card transactions? 

Fortunately, two tiny withdrawals (About $100 USD in Sept and $20 USD in October), and one debit purchase of $20 in October as well. They are hidden amongst dozens of recurring payments in my statements, but thankfully they are there. I'll include the statement (8 pages long -- hope the auditor won't be upset), highlight them, underline them, and add a post-it note.

Edited by holdingonforhope

12 hours ago, holdingonforhope said:

Fortunately, two tiny withdrawals (About $100 USD in Sept and $20 USD in October), and one debit purchase of $20 in October as well. They are hidden amongst dozens of recurring payments in my statements, but thankfully they are there. I'll include the statement (8 pages long -- hope the auditor won't be upset), highlight them, underline them, and add a post-it note.

The goal should be the proof and you have it with your bank statements Use a yellow highlighter and one post it note with your explanation. Believe me when I say this the USCIS adjudicator has seen many of these so they have a good understanding so no need to do more than what do will do. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

You are looking for the flight manifest data and don't worry about it because they are not going to give you that anyway.

The itinerary, passport stamps, digital boarding passes, bank statement and maybe a picture or 2, will paint the picture that you met. That is all they are looking for.

Assuming you are using Poland as the embassy, there is no need to front load your petition.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

The goal should be the proof and you have it with your bank statements Use a yellow highlighter and one post it note with your explanation. Believe me when I say this the USCIS adjudicator has seen many of these so they have a good understanding so no need to do more than what do will do. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Thank you, Greenbaum. I really appreciate it.

3 hours ago, Fr8dog said:

Assuming you are using Poland as the embassy, there is no need to front load your petition.

Fingers crossed that's still the case. I just don't want to mess things up and delay our reunion a minute longer than it has to be. Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.