2,967 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, HolaBola31 said:

Hi guys! 
Im very happy for all of you who received a good news.🙏🏻❤️

So here I am. Again with the same issue...

In still waiting for my EAD renewal.

So. I’ll try to be short.

Nowember 25 2019 my work authorization has expired. For work I was using 180 days extension.

Of course I was hoping that till that time I will have my EAD.

May 25 2020 180 days has expired...

So almost for 1 month Im unemployed.

This is my own disaster. Like all of us here I don’t have a family and lot of friends. But I have a child. Who want eat...

On March I sent to USCIS expedition request and 0 answer.
Somewhere about 2,5 months ago I sent them online inquiry. USCIS answered me that they can’t provide information online because of  VAWA. Ok. My bet

I sent letter to USCIS ( inquiry). Again 0 answer. 
About 6 weeks ago I sent inquiry one more time. Nothing back.

Meanwhile the time to applying for EAD renewal for  my child has come.   May 25 I sent new package to USCIS.

UPS lost it and couldn’t find. In a week they find it. Ok. So tomorrow is 3 weeks after I sent the last package.

There wasn’t 0 respond on any of those request and inquiries. My PF has expired June 7 2020. So basically all my paperwork has expired.

I called to USCIS and wanted to ask about infopass but they told me that I’m not eligible. It’s just for emergency cases.

Well. It’s kind of emergency. If not my tax return (which I was waiting for 4 months) in a 1/2 months we will end up in a street I guess. All my savings would be gone:

Guys. I don’t know what to do.

I was contacting governor, senator, ombudsman (he didn’t answer) and there no movements.

I feel like was  just throwing those applications in a wall. I spent so much money for faster deliveries but it doesn’t help. It seems like those letters are invisible.

I’m loosing my patience. 
I have to work. 
I need to provide everything for my child. I’m afraid of what could be happen.

My another friends are getting EAD for week-month. And I’m waiting for whole 1 year. And I didn’t even get at least some answer from them. 
Like...seriously?🥺

So sorry 😞 i know you will get it asap prayers are with you. Contact your congress person or senator again

on a renewal, did you mentioned c31, if yes then it will come after your vawa approval. The same happened with me i was without work authorization for 3 weeks but i am glad i sent another ead based on c09 at the time my automatic 180 days extension expired and received it within 3 weeks 

Edited by Shroy123

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
40 minutes ago, HolaBola31 said:

Hi guys! 
Im very happy for all of you who received a good news.🙏🏻❤️

So here I am. Again with the same issue...

In still waiting for my EAD renewal.

So. I’ll try to be short.

Nowember 25 2019 my work authorization has expired. For work I was using 180 days extension.

Of course I was hoping that till that time I will have my EAD.

May 25 2020 180 days has expired...

So almost for 1 month Im unemployed.

This is my own disaster. Like all of us here I don’t have a family and lot of friends. But I have a child. Who want eat...

On March I sent to USCIS expedition request and 0 answer.
Somewhere about 2,5 months ago I sent them online inquiry. USCIS answered me that they can’t provide information online because of  VAWA. Ok. My bet

I sent letter to USCIS ( inquiry). Again 0 answer. 
About 6 weeks ago I sent inquiry one more time. Nothing back.

Meanwhile the time to applying for EAD renewal for  my child has come.   May 25 I sent new package to USCIS.

UPS lost it and couldn’t find. In a week they find it. Ok. So tomorrow is 3 weeks after I sent the last package.

There wasn’t 0 respond on any of those request and inquiries. My PF has expired June 7 2020. So basically all my paperwork has expired.

I called to USCIS and wanted to ask about infopass but they told me that I’m not eligible. It’s just for emergency cases.

Well. It’s kind of emergency. If not my tax return (which I was waiting for 4 months) in a 1/2 months we will end up in a street I guess. All my savings would be gone:

Guys. I don’t know what to do.

I was contacting governor, senator, ombudsman (he didn’t answer) and there no movements.

I feel like was  just throwing those applications in a wall. I spent so much money for faster deliveries but it doesn’t help. It seems like those letters are invisible.

I’m loosing my patience. 
I have to work. 
I need to provide everything for my child. I’m afraid of what could be happen.

My another friends are getting EAD for week-month. And I’m waiting for whole 1 year. And I didn’t even get at least some answer from them. 
Like...seriously?🥺

What EAD renewal did you file? Was it C09 or C31? If it was C09 then that’s horrible that this is happening. Did you send your renewal to Vermont? My prayers are with you and your child. Did you request for another PF? 

Edited by Godschild

31 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

So sorry 😞 i know you will get it asap prayers are with you. Contact your congress person or senator again

on a renewal, did you mentioned c31, if yes then it will come after your vawa approval. The same happened with me i was without work authorization for 3 weeks but i am glad i sent another ead based on c09 at the time my automatic 180 days extension expired and received it within 3 weeks 

Thank you for your support! I was applying all the time under c09. 
Maybe I need reapply. Because it seems like they just forgot my previous one🤷🏻‍♀️

Just now, Godschild said:

What EAD renewal did you file? Was it C09 or C31? If it was C09 then that’s horrible that this is happening. Did you send your renewal to Vermont? My prayers are with you and your child. 

Thank you very much! 🌺Yes it was c09 and by mistake I sent it to Chicago. But it’s anyway too too long! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
Just now, HolaBola31 said:

Thank you very much! 🌺Yes it was c09 and by mistake I sent it to Chicago. But it’s anyway too too long! 

That’s the problem, it went to Chicago. It’s not too late to just file another and sent to Vermont to be safe. I got my NOA in 3 weeks. They will eventually transfer it, but instead of waiting just send your renewal to Vermont. I would do that ASAP so you can at least get that notice. 

12 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Lol. 4k is okay..not all cases require an attorney..some cases are really straightforward...I will only advice an attorney for complex cases. Some folks here did everything themselves and were absolutely successful! Some of them are more of a burden than help!👍

thats true! I said it before ima say it again, you will make a GREAT one. lol

11 hours ago, HolaBola31 said:

OMG! NBC/Chicago is a wrong destination for VAWA petitioners! Mine too was sent to NBC by my adamant attorney..Feb 2019, took forever and finally approved Dec 2019. Just be patient..don't know how it will turn out if you send another one straight to Vermont! Hard to know the outcome of something you've never done...maybe someone else has... Yes it will be transferred to VSC! For now, patience is all I see..👍

49 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

OMG! NBC/Chicago is a wrong destination for VAWA petitioners! Mine too was sent to NBC by my adamant attorney..Feb 2019, took forever and finally approved Dec 2019. Just be patient..don't know how it will turn out if you send another one straight to Vermont! Hard to know the outcome of something you've never done...maybe someone else has... Yes it will be transferred to VSC! For now, patience is all I see..👍

exactly i told. a new i765 based on c09 would be beneficial if c31 has been applied before 

3 hours ago, Godschild said:

I pray that anyone that’s waiting from 2016, 2017 and 2018 get approved immediately. I hope for all approval, but waiting so many years is tough. I hope God showers you all with victory immediately, so you can move on to have the life we all deserve to have. I pray that God continues to give strength and hope even when things look tough. You’ve already won by leaving a bad situation, so victory will forever be yours. Thank you everyone for being supportive and honest with each response you give. Happy Friday all, let’s see approvals today. Amen.

Ameen

17 hours ago, neimovirna said:

Hello everybody

So, I was writing in the previous topic, that my VAWA EAD card was sent to the wrong address (from where my lawyer's office moved and didn't update the change of address for the USCIS). I read on the Internet that now if I file Lost card it might take another 90 days to get it resent to me...

I am so upset right now, and don't understand what to do.

My lawyer emailed me that we should wait until the card goes back to the USCIS, and then call them. But the online status of the card still says "Your card was delivered on May 22nd to the address you provided", so I don't think it's getting sent back.

I think it's being destroyed or lost.

you will get a notification from uscis that card was returned because failed to deliver. You need to visit usps along with your attorney. It happened with me before regarding my c31 EAD. we had to visit usps multiple times to get a hold on my ead because of wrong address.

16 hours ago, Kama2018 said:

Hey guys. Thank you everyone of you who answered me here and pm me. It really helps emotionally, when in real life you just have to go and keep everything inside of you. No one knows how many tears inside of your smiling eyes. For know I dont remember exactly, but I think my I485 was denied in 2018 cause I didnt go to interview and I believe they cancel my EAD and advance parol. My I485 not in hold definitely. I had previosly filled asylum case in 2016 so my EAD is from there and I pay and renew it every two years. My husband was forcing me to close asylum case, thank God I didn't do it. So, now I have EAD from asylum which will end this year October. Probably I have to apply again to EAD through asylum cause as Sandra mentioned I can't travel with asylim case. Anyway ,Thanks for hopes, You are here all amazing.

I think the only country you cannot visit is your home country while pending asylum otherwise you are free to travel any other country. Correct? 

1 hour ago, Shroy123 said:

I think the only country you cannot visit is your home country while pending asylum otherwise you are free to travel any other country. Correct? 

I'm not so sure of what I'm about to say..but it's just my thoughts...except the asylum case is no longer in process..it's best to stay put..as someone seeking asylum shouldn't be touring-leisure travels doesn't connote someone in danger and fear of their safety!..if you're free to roam about..why chose the USA specifically for refuge? That might be the thought of an immigration officer! I hope somehow this makes sense..If not, please disregard!💁

28 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I'm not so sure of what I'm about to say..but it's just my thoughts...except the asylum case is no longer in process..it's best to stay put..as someone seeking asylum shouldn't be touring-leisure travels doesn't connote someone in danger and fear of their safety!..if you're free to roam about..why chose the USA specifically for refuge? That might be the thought of an immigration officer! I hope somehow this makes sense..If not, please disregard!💁

@Stillwinning!!!😊 EXACTLY!!! You are very correct!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.