JasonGG

Mother/Daughter ROC Questions

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have found several topics related to dependent children filing with a parent going back to 2008 and each questions gets several differing responses with both sides warning of RFEs, so I was hoping I could get a more definitive response from those of you with recent experience.

We are preparing the application and evidence for my wife and her 10 year old daughter to remove conditions.  They both received their green cards on the same day in 2018 and are eligible to submit the application as of July 31.

- Am I sending one application?  Or an application for my wife and a second application for my daughter?  My wife's application lists her daughter and we are checking that she is applying to remove conditions with her mother in Part 5.

- I am the U.S. citizen and have two U.S. citizen children who will be aged 20 and 16 at the time of applying.  My wife also has a son who came to the U.S. 6 months after his mother and sister and will be filing to remove conditions separately from his mother.  We have listed all 4 children in part 5, but only checked that the above mentioned daughter will be removing conditions with her mother.

- IF we are sending one I-751 for both mother and daughter, I still send 2 application fees and 2 biometrics fees, correct?  Should it be 2 checks for $680?

- Since my wife and her daughter are in the U.S., they do NOT need to submit passport photos?

Thank you for your help and clarification.  To date, this application has been the most confusing so far.  I don't even want to start thinking about the citizenship application for 2021 yet!

Jason

3 hours ago, JasonGG said:

I have found several topics related to dependent children filing with a parent going back to 2008 and each questions gets several differing responses with both sides warning of RFEs, so I was hoping I could get a more definitive response from those of you with recent experience.

We are preparing the application and evidence for my wife and her 10 year old daughter to remove conditions.  They both received their green cards on the same day in 2018 and are eligible to submit the application as of July 31.

- Am I sending one application?  Or an application for my wife and a second application for my daughter?  My wife's application lists her daughter and we are checking that she is applying to remove conditions with her mother in Part 5.

- I am the U.S. citizen and have two U.S. citizen children who will be aged 20 and 16 at the time of applying.  My wife also has a son who came to the U.S. 6 months after his mother and sister and will be filing to remove conditions separately from his mother.  We have listed all 4 children in part 5, but only checked that the above mentioned daughter will be removing conditions with her mother.

- IF we are sending one I-751 for both mother and daughter, I still send 2 application fees and 2 biometrics fees, correct?  Should it be 2 checks for $680?

- Since my wife and her daughter are in the U.S., they do NOT need to submit passport photos?

Thank you for your help and clarification.  To date, this application has been the most confusing so far.  I don't even want to start thinking about the citizenship application for 2021 yet!

Jason

Its clear in I-751 instructions

If you were granted conditional resident status through marriage to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, use Form
I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, to file for the removal of those conditions. If you have dependent
children who acquired conditional resident status on the same day as you or within 90 days
thereafter, then include the
names and Alien Registration Numbers (A-Numbers) of these children in Part 5.
of Form I-751 in order to request that
the conditions on their status be removed as well. If you have dependent children who did not acquire conditional resident
status on the same day as you or within 90 days thereafter,
or if the conditional resident parent is deceased, then those
dependent children must each file Form I-751 separately to have the conditions on their status removed.

so in your case the daughter who got visa with the wife will be added to the I-751 on her mothers form, the son who got his green card > 90 days of mothers green card will file a separate I-751 . So two I-751 forms, one for mothers + daughter and another for the son. 

Yes the fee is 680 per person. so your I-751 for mother and daughter will be 680*2 and for son is 680 . you can make it one check per application

Yes you have to submit photos for each applicant.

Edited by James120383

duh

I just did my paperwork....same situation....

I used the uscis fee calculator and and it said 595 and 2 times bio fee.

Total I paid

765 dollar.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jomabu2111 said:

I just did my paperwork....same situation....

I used the uscis fee calculator and and it said 595 and 2 times bio fee.

Total I paid

765 dollar.

I wasn't aware of the USCIS calculator, but just found it and it did say 1 application fee and 2 biometrics fees for a total of $765.  Have you gotten your NOA1 yet?  Thanks for responding - Jason

Your welcome.....

Last week I got only the email that they got my paperwork and my case number.

Waiting now for NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.