Louis61404

OFFICIAL update on passport services from Department of State

33 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, sl1pstream said:

The routine visa processing suspension has nothing to nothing to do with any travel bans.

It's also literally on every embassy's website.

Who said anything about a travel ban, certainly not I. 

YMMV

18 hours ago, payxibka said:

I don't think there was ever a question about the department of state wanting to restart visa services.   Consulate reopening is contingent first and foremost about local conditions.   As an example, Tokyo might be on the verge of restarting but on the other hand, don't expect Rio to reopen anytime soon 

Disagree. The State Department has not even reopened passport offices in Texas and the Irving TX passport printing facility (1 of 2) is still not staffed. The latest update on the passport website says they will reopen based on local conditions. There is nothing stopping them from reopening in Texas, a state that is pretty much back to normal at this point. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, NewlyNaturalized said:

Disagree. The State Department has not even reopened passport offices in Texas and the Irving TX passport printing facility (1 of 2) is still not staffed. The latest update on the passport website says they will reopen based on local conditions. There is nothing stopping them from reopening in Texas, a state that is pretty much back to normal at this point. 

Apples and oranges

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Apples and oranges

Two different processing streams but the same department and leader. The point is there are places where they could have reopened if they wanted to for some time now. So yes there is a question as to whether the department really wants to resume providing these services. 

Timeline
Just now, NewlyNaturalized said:

Two different processing streams but the same department and leader. The point is there are places where they could have reopened if they wanted to for some time now. So yes there is a question as to whether the department really wants to resume providing these services. 

Two different decision trees.  Maybe the volume of passport applications is so low that operating the second print facility makes little sense 

YMMV

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Two different decision trees.  Maybe the volume of passport applications is so low that operating the second print facility makes little sense 

Except people who applied for their passports in Feb still haven't received them, there is a backlog of over 1 million applications and immigrants who just naturalized have almost zero chance to get their passports anytime soon. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, NewlyNaturalized said:

Except people who applied for their passports in Feb still haven't received them, there is a backlog of over 1 million applications and immigrants who just naturalized have almost zero chance to get their passports anytime soon. 

Well then thank god I applied for my daughters in January 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
4 hours ago, NewlyNaturalized said:

So yes there is a question as to whether the department really wants to resume providing these services. 

This. They're adding immigration restrictions left and right. I don't think it's that weird to assume that resuming visa processing isn't super high on their to-do list.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, payxibka said:

For you conspiracy theorists, reports today of quite a few consulates have reopened for interviews 

Where are these reports? I'd love to believe this, but a source would be neat.

Edited by sl1pstream

Timeline
1 hour ago, sl1pstream said:

Where are these reports? I'd love to believe this, but a source would be neat.

Visa journey, several threads.  A few in this one?  Do I need to read it to you?

YMMV

Timeline
5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Visa journey, several threads.  A few in this one?  Do I need to read it to you?

I feel like you might have to, since the only one that's actually mentioned is one that *might* open on the 22nd. The one that someone mentioned as opened on June 1st still isn't issuing visas. Did you actually read that thread or were you too busy coming up with a snippy response?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, sl1pstream said:

I feel like you might have to, since the only one that's actually mentioned is one that *might* open on the 22nd. The one that someone mentioned as opened on June 1st still isn't issuing visas. Did you actually read that thread or were you too busy coming up with a snippy response?

I said several threads but thus was in there that you missed.

https://rs.usembassy.gov/

Taiwan has been open for almost the entire time.

SIngapore, Tel Aviv, Manila, are just a few more

Things are opening up

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

I said several threads but thus was in there that you missed.

https://rs.usembassy.gov/

Taiwan has been open for almost the entire time.

SIngapore, Tel Aviv, Manila, are just a few more

They're. Not. Issuing. Visas. None of them.

But apparently I'm arguing with a wall instead of an actual person.

Timeline
Just now, sl1pstream said:

They're. Not. Issuing. Visas. None of them.

But apparently I'm arguing with a wall instead of an actual person.

Taiwan is 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.