Réina17

N-400 Cleveland 2020 filers

139 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/28/2020 at 8:25 AM, Giovanni1 said:

The USCIS website shows a notice that my oath ceremony has been scheduled for October 9, in the same federal building. That's less than 3 weeks from interview and oath. Too late to register to vote but I am still happy. Cleveland ought to be the best place to become a citizen.

Hey @Giovanni1, did your oath letter say anything about bringing guests to the ceremony?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Réina17 said:

Hey @Giovanni1, did your oath letter say anything about bringing guests to the ceremony?

The letter says no guests are allowed. The ceremony is in the AJC federal building. Perhaps at the library or other locations they allow.

I-751 Lifting Conditions
Filed:  2/20/2019
Received by USCIS: 2/25/2019

I-797 Date: 2/28/2019

Biometric Notice received: 6/22/2019

Biometric Appointment scheduled for: 7/12/2019

Biometric Appointment walk in: 6/24/2019
ROC request approved: 8/25/2019
10 Years Green Card received: 10/25/2019

N400 Naturalization

Form Mailed to USCIS: 3/17/2020
Form Received by USCIS: 3/20/2020
NOA: 3/25/2020
Notice of Biometrics Reused: 8/7/2020
Notice of Interview Scheduled: 8/10/2020
Interview: 9/21/2020
Oath Ceremony: 10/9/2020

US Passport

Application filled and sent to Dept of State: 10/9/2020

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Giovanni1 said:

The letter says no guests are allowed. The ceremony is in the AJC federal building. Perhaps at the library or other locations they allow.

Oh okay. Thank you so much!

Timeline

I had my interview today at Cleveland, Ohio. Interview time was 1:30, I got there at 1:00 pm and waited for 15 mins in the lobby since they don't allow you to go through the security checks until 15 mins before your appointment. At 1:15pm I went to room 501. Gave my appointment notice and then at exactly 1:30 pm, the officer called me. We proceeded to his office, I sworn to tell the truth then he asked my current green card and if I have the old one and I said yes, so he took the old one and said I didn't need it anymore. He verified my name, address, date of birth and current job. Asked information about my husband, when we got married and trips outside the US.

He then told me that he will be testing my civics knowledge. He asked me these 6 six questions- I can't remember the 6th question, we were talking too fast and I was so anxious lol

• One right of a US citizen

• Who was the President during the Great Depression and World War II

• Name one branch of goverment

• When do we celebrate Independence Day

• What ocean is in the West Coast

He made me read the sentence on the tablet- Who can vote?

Then made me write on the tablet- Citizens can vote.

He asked me all the questions in Part 12 of the N-400 form.

After that, he gave a piece of paper saying that I passed and is recommended for approval. He also said I will get a notice for the oath ceremony within 30 days. I was out of the building by 1:40pm.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Réina17 said:

The online status is now saying this but my online account is still the same. Good luck everybody, hope my experience helps!

8F998F3A-8184-4F6F-97C3-D81747ED4EFC.jpeg

Congratulations! The Cleveland office is very efficient & fast. I got the oath date 3 days after the interview (and there was a weekend in between). The office itself sent me the letter with the oath date right away (it was also available on the website, under documents), and few days later I got the same letter directly from USCIS.

I-751 Lifting Conditions

N400 Naturalization

US Passport

Timeline
7 hours ago, Didin said:

Hi guys,

Do you have to bring your spouse for n400 interview if you’re applying through marriage based (3years) ?

No you don't have to. Because of covid they don't want you to bring anyone

Timeline

Update- online status from the old site is showing oath ceremony notice was mailed. Exactly 3 business days after my interview. It's not showing in my online account yet but i'm excited the waiting game will be over soon!

3A6DBFC0-22A6-4E5C-A80D-0C8CFBB51476.jpeg

Timeline

So I am done, the oath ceremony was this morning in the AJC building. About 15 people, we got to the office, one at the time. Once everybody had got in and signed the naturalization certificate and returned their green card, we were given the welcome package. Then a USCIS officer administered the oath, gave us the certificate, and gone we were. The entire thing took 20 minutes. I have just applied for a passport, forms can be printed online and delivered to the court house. Cost $145 for regular process (no express). It should be here by the end of the year. Note that they want the original naturalization certificate, they will return it later.

I-751 Lifting Conditions

N400 Naturalization

US Passport

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

This was way quicker then what we expected! 

Glad we live in Cleveland! 😄😄

Did anyone ask for a name change on their N-400 form? I'm curious to find out if those individuals that have requested a name change on the N-400 will have to wait longer to take the oath ceremony after they pass the interview? I read somewhere online that a judge needs to give the oath ceremony for those that have requested a name change, not an immigration officer. 

Best of luck to everyone!! 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone, as I mentioned earlier my interview is scheduled for Nov 4th in Cleveland. What are the options for same day Oath ceremony ? If not what is the earliest possible Oath ceremony date (13th / 20th /27th ). Any predictions ?

Thank you All.

1 hour ago, narnia2020 said:

Hello everyone, as I mentioned earlier my interview is scheduled for Nov 4th in Cleveland. What are the options for same day Oath ceremony ? If not what is the earliest possible Oath ceremony date (13th / 20th /27th ). Any predictions ?

Thank you All.

Congratulations. I have no idea about the interviews. I don't think I'm ever going to get there unless a Senator or someone from above gets them to move on my case. 

But I wanted to chime in b/c of your handle on here-what a cool name. I was a big fan of C.S. Lewis growing up!  I also went to Oxford, Merton College where Lewis was!

Timeline
13 hours ago, narnia2020 said:

Thank you All.

Unfortunately, no same day oath for cleveland. I have noticed on this thread that oath taking usually happened on a Friday and usually three weeks after the interview so I am predicting yours will probably be around the 27th.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.