Dotagirlandboy

N-400 June 2020 Filers

845 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, fellaamazing said:

Filed June 22... Still nothing about finger prints or anything.. Now I am skeptic of this nonsense.

Estimated case completion time

April 2021 (2 months)

I filed on June 12th and my estimated case completion is in April 2021 as well. We'll just have to continue to wait! Hopefully updates will be made in the upcoming days🤞🏼.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Michael_88 said:

I filed on June 12th and my estimated case completion is in April 2021 as well. We'll just have to continue to wait! Hopefully updates will be made in the upcoming days🤞🏼.

My case should be in San Antonio. And I seen several people in San Antonio thread who filed in September got their citizenship already.

Timeline

My case should be in San Antonio. And I seen several people in San Antonio thread who filed in September got their citizenship already.

Although each case differs and is unique, that is still strange that applicants who filed in September have already gotten their citizenship before you. Did you file your application online or mail in a hardcopy? Just that reasoning alone with many others could possibly explain why there are delays in your case. USCIS can be so random in how they deal with cases.  It's  frustrating but everything will pan out eventually.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Michael_88 said:

Although each case differs and is unique, that is still strange that applicants who filed in September have already gotten their citizenship before you. Did you file your application online or mail in a hardcopy? Just that reasoning alone with many others could possibly explain why there are delays in your case. USCIS can be so random in how they deal with cases.  It's  frustrating but everything will pan out eventually.

I did it online.

They are probably not picking up apps in the order they receive it. Just picking them up randomly or something.

20 minutes ago, Michael_88 said:

Hello!

I know a bunch of people who are military spouses get their applications expedited especially when their husbands/wives are going to be deployed/stationed out of the country and they have to relocate the whole fam.

Just want to let you guys know that is one of the reasons why others get their citizenships earlier than usual. 

I'm a military spouse too but we're not going to be relocated abroad anytime soon. I'm in line and i'm still waiting for my papers to be processed 🤣🤣🤣 

I applied June 7th, 2020 and timeline says i have 8 months to wait!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

So hang in there guys!!!

Edited by mojogirl

05/14/2016 - OUR WEDDING DAY!!!!!! (L) (L) (L)

07/06/2016 - FILED AOS

07/12/2016 - NOA1 MAILS RECEIVED

07/16/2016 - BIOMETRICS LETTER RECEIVED

08/02/2016 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

08/19/2016 - STATUS UPDATE FOR I-485 (RFIE WAS MAILED)

08/27/2016 - RFIE LETTER RECEIVED

08/29/2016 - SUBMITTED RFIE RESPONSE

09/02/2016 - STATUS UPDATE FOR I-485 (RFIE IS BEING REVIEWED)

09/12/2016 - STATUS UPDATE FOR I-485 (CASE READY TO BE SCHEDULED FOR AN INTERVIEW)

09/20/2016 - STATUS UPDATE FOR I-765 (NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCE)

09/20/2016 - STATUS UPDATE FOR I-131 (CASE WAS APPROVED)

09/30/2016 - STATUS UPDATE FOR I-765 (CARD WAS MAILED)

10/03/2016 - STATUS UPDATE FOR I-765 WITH TRACKING NUMBER (CARD WAS PICKED UP BY USPS)

10/04/2016 - COMBO CARD WAS DELIVERED TO ME

:clock: FOR INTERVIEW SCHEDULE

Timeline

I did it online.

They are probably not picking up apps in the order they receive it. Just picking them up randomly or something.

That's exactly what I'm thinking too. Hopefully  our estimated case completions don't change to further dates like many others have  experienced. We'll see though, keep us updated!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, mojogirl said:

Hello!

I know a bunch of people who are military spouses get their applications expedited especially when their husbands/wives are going to be deployed/stationed out of the country and they have to relocate the whole fam.

Just want to let you guys know that is one of the reasons why others get their citizenships earlier than usual. 

I'm a military spouse too but we're not going to be relocated abroad anytime soon. I'm in line and i'm still waiting for my papers to be processed 🤣🤣🤣 

I applied June 7th, 2020 and timeline says i have 8 months to wait!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

So hang in there guys!!!

Hey!

That makes alot of sense and is understandable. As we all know, militarily  personnel and their familes get priority immigration benefits and with the pandemic added into the mix doesn't help with the backlog either. I'm just taking it easy at this point to be honest lol. 8 months?! That is insane. Hopefully things speed up for all of us June filers. Thank you for sharing your personal experience. Thet idea of military famalies went over my head as another possiblity to why things are taking alot longer.

Timeline

My whole love life is on hold for this. I need to sponsor my fiance. There was no way to do it while on green card. I am single gay man 40 years old..  Things are just not getting easier for me. Marriage outside were never an option for me since those countries don't recognize marriage equality..

So no, I can't be patient anymore. This is ridiculous. 

Finished my biometrics today - just a few pointers

• No walk ins allowed (except military)

• They make you wait and don't allow you to line up till 15 minutes prior to appointment

• my appt notice had a code 5. The lady who took the fingerprints was very cordial and explained voluntarily that they only take the 2 fingerprints first to check if they have a matching record - if not, they would take all 10. Additionally, they took the picture and signature

All in all, it was a very pleasant experience. Now onto the next waiting game !

Right after that, my case status was "actively in review" - the wait time went down to 6 months (from 9), and the completion time is 8 months (from 10) - October 2021

14 hours ago, PB_1984 said:

• They make you wait and don't allow you to line up till 15 minutes prior to appointment

• my appt notice had a code 5. The lady who took the fingerprints was very cordial and explained voluntarily that they only take the 2 fingerprints first to check if they have a matching record - if not, they would take all 10. Additionally, they took the picture and signature

Right after that, my case status was "actively in review" - the wait time went down to 6 months (from 9), and the completion time is 8 months (from 10) - October 2021

Nice Pb... Baltimore is moving. I had a biometrics reuse notification earlier today

Timeline
On 2/2/2021 at 8:40 AM, PB_1984 said:

On 2/2/2021 at 10:48 PM, Mark🇹🇹 said:

Nice Pb... Baltimore is moving. I had a biometrics reuse notification earlier today

What was the original estimate?

I was at May 2021, to April 2021... Right now still shows 2 months to completion. But absolutely nothing about biometrics whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, fellaamazing said:

What was the original estimate?

I was at May 2021, to April 2021... Right now still shows 2 months to completion. But absolutely nothing about biometrics whatsoever.

Welp, it was fun while it lasted. My estimate is now January 2022 (11 months) and wait time is 10 months...yay ! I don't think these times are accurate (or at least that's my hope)

50 minutes ago, PB_1984 said:

Welp, it was fun while it lasted. My estimate is now January 2022 (11 months) and wait time is 10 months...yay ! I don't think these times are accurate (or at least that's my hope)

Wow that’s crazy... my original time was July 2021, then it went to May 2021 and then it’s back to July 2021. I have a pending i751 and received notification that my case has been transferred. (Today)

Edited by Mark🇹🇹
Typo

14 minutes ago, Mark🇹🇹 said:

Wow that’s crazy... my original time was July 2021, then it went to May 2021 and then it’s back to July 2021. I have a pending i751 and received notification that my case has been transferred. (Today)

Tell me about it !!! I only have an N400 (greencard > 5 years) so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Hopefully it all works out for everyone !

On 1/6/2021 at 12:06 PM, SVR said:

Here is my updated timeline. The estimated case completion time has moved from Jan 2021 to Sep 2021 :(

06/18/2020 - N-400 Application submitted online. Estimated Case completion time - 6 months (Dec 2020)

06/19/2020 - Receipt notice posted in my online account

12/31/2020 - Biometric Appt notice received. Appt scheduled for end of Jan 2021

Updated timeline:

Field Office: Boston, MA

The estimated case completion time has moved from Jan 2021 to Sep 2021 and now to June 2021

06/18/2020 - N-400 Application submitted online. Estimated Case completion time - 6 months (Dec 2020)

06/19/2020 - Receipt notice posted in my online account

12/31/2020 - Biometric Appt notice received.

1/29/2021 - Biometric taken at Application Support Center. Only two fingers were fingerprinted. Photo and signature captured.

2/1/2021 - Status changed to "We are actively reviewing your Form N-400"

2/3/2021 - Status changed to "Interview Was Scheduled". A day later the interview letter was uploaded to the online account. The interview is scheduled in the first week of March.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.