Jump to content

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

So I got here in November 2019 and I’m doing the AOS. However, the I-944 requires my credit report. I don’t really have a social security number so ppl say I should get a ‘no credit history’ report but I don’t know how to get one.

  And since I got here in November when I-944 was not required for AOS. Therefore, I didn’t bring some of the supporting documents like bank statements and my certificate etc. What should I do? Thanks! Anyone here on the same boat?!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
32 minutes ago, terrylee0817 said:

So I got here in November 2019 and I’m doing the AOS. However, the I-944 requires my credit report. I don’t really have a social security number so ppl say I should get a ‘no credit history’ report but I don’t know how to get one.

  And since I got here in November when I-944 was not required for AOS. Therefore, I didn’t bring some of the supporting documents like bank statements and my certificate etc. What should I do? Thanks! Anyone here on the same boat?!!!

Do you “not really” have a SSN or do you “not” have one? You were lucky you didn’t have to file the i944 but unfortunately you filed late and are now require to submit it. 
 

Has your spouse not added you to any of his credit cards? This would build your credit. You can have someone scan you your certificates or obtain them from your college through email.


Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

 

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

 

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

 

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

Do you “not really” have a SSN or do you “not” have one? You were lucky you didn’t have to file the i944 but unfortunately you filed late and are now require to submit it. 
 

Has your spouse not added you to any of his credit cards? This would build your credit. You can have someone scan you your certificates or obtain them from your college through email.

Hi! Mine isn’t marriage-based! So I don’t have anything that could build my credit. :( is there any way I could get evidence of that? Thanks a lot!!!! Appreciate it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey Terry,

I made this thread to help with these types of situations: 

 


My current Timeline:

June 9, 2020 - Form I-130 filed electronically through USCIS.gov

June 10, 2020 - Form I-130 Accepted

June 11, 2020 - Form I-130 I-797 PDF available for download with priority date of June 9, 2020

June 16, 2020 - Mailed I-485 packet* along with I-131 and I-765

June 18, 2020 - USPS confirms packet delivered

July 20, 2020 - Credit Card charged

July 27, 2020 - I-797 letters received for I-485, I-765, and I-131 with a received date of June 18, 2020

August 10, 2020 - Notice of RFE for I-485 mailed. 

August 13, 2020 -  Red RFE notice received via mail. Notice requested proof of residence for 864A sponsor. 

August 13, 2020 - Mailed RFE response to USCIS**

August 17, 2020 - USPS confirms that RFE response was delivered

August 18, 2020 - USCIS Notification confirming receipt of response for RFE

September 24, 2020 - Received I-693 Deficiency Notice

January 19, 2021 - Form I-130 Approved and notice sent to beneficiary with notice available immediately online

January 22, 2021 - Form I-130 Approval Notice received by mail

January 29, 2021 - Biometrics notice received for the I-485 and I-765 dated for February 17. 2020 at 1pm

February 17, 2021 - Code 3 Biometrics taken for I-485 and I-765. Case updated to show biometrics applied to both I-485 and I-765 the same night. 

February 18, 2021 - I-485 case status changed to "Ready to be scheduled for interview" 

April 19, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "New Card is Being Produced"

April 20, 2021 - I-765 and I-131 case status changed to "Case was approved"  

April 22, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

April 23, 2021 - Approval notices received for I-131 and I-765 via mail

April 23, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service" with a delivery date set to Monday, April 26, 2021, by 9:00 PM

April 26, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office" and card picked up in mail box

April 29, 2021 - Visit to Social Security Administration for SSN Card

May 4, 2021 - SSN Card arrives in the mail 

 

*Packet was mailed without I-693 medical. Will wait for an RFE and take it to the interview. Also, tax transcripts were not available at the time so copies of the tax returns were sent and a cover letter explaining why. 

 

**Included tax transcripts in RFE response since I was now able to gain access since sending the application. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
22 hours ago, terrylee0817 said:

Hi! Mine isn’t marriage-based! So I don’t have anything that could build my credit. :( is there any way I could get evidence of that? Thanks a lot!!!! Appreciate it!

Hi! I just called TransUnion today, was on hold for a whole 30 seconds, and they are sending me a letter (5-7 days) that says I have no credit score.

 

I do not have an SSN currently (all offices are closed) but I just had to give them my name and address here in the US and they are posting this letter to me free of charge. Hopefully this will help!


Marriage Based AOS

  • Wedding: 05/16/2020
  • Packet sent: 01/07/2020
  • NOA1 i485, i130, i131 + i765: 08/10/2020
  • Biometrics i765: 10/07/2020
  • Biometrics i485: 10/20/2020
  • EAD + AP approved: 11/03/2020
  • EAD + AP card arrived: 11/09/2020
  • SSN arrived: 11/10/2020
  • Interview: 02/22/2021
  • Approved: 02/22/2021
  • GC arrived: 03/01/2021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
3 hours ago, E_pluribus_unum said:

Hey Terry,

I made this thread to help with these types of situations: 

 

Thank you so much! I already requested one from transunion!  But still thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sinead91 said:

Hi! I just called TransUnion today, was on hold for a whole 30 seconds, and they are sending me a letter (5-7 days) that says I have no credit score.

 

I do not have an SSN currently (all offices are closed) but I just had to give them my name and address here in the US and they are posting this letter to me free of charge. Hopefully this will help!

Hi!!! Thank you! Yes I did the same thing. But I texted them on Facebook. It was super fast too! Thank you!!! :) so have you received the report yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
14 hours ago, terrylee0817 said:

Hi!!! Thank you! Yes I did the same thing. But I texted them on Facebook. It was super fast too! Thank you!!! :) so have you received the report yet?

Not yet. I just called them yesterday. Hoping to get it early next week! Glad you got it sorted :)


Marriage Based AOS

  • Wedding: 05/16/2020
  • Packet sent: 01/07/2020
  • NOA1 i485, i130, i131 + i765: 08/10/2020
  • Biometrics i765: 10/07/2020
  • Biometrics i485: 10/20/2020
  • EAD + AP approved: 11/03/2020
  • EAD + AP card arrived: 11/09/2020
  • SSN arrived: 11/10/2020
  • Interview: 02/22/2021
  • Approved: 02/22/2021
  • GC arrived: 03/01/2021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
“;}
×
×
  • Create New...