8bithearts

Visa Interview at London Embassy

35 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Eladnolnod said:

For what it’s worth, that’s been there for at least the last week.

I don’t think much has changed this week in terms of their plans (or lack of) to start interviews. Hopefully next week will bring more clarity!

Interestingly, the embassy rescheduled my interview and moved it forward. It was scheduled for the 7th, and has been moved to the 6th now. 

1 minute ago, Eladnolnod said:

For what it’s worth, that’s been there for at least the last week.

I don’t think much has changed this week in terms of their plans (or lack of) to start interviews. Hopefully next week will bring more clarity!

That's been my mantra for months 

I just think regardless of all the rules and regulations and presidential decrees there are still visa types that can be processed I don't see any reason why they couldn't open and have the staffing when we even have barstaff and hairdressers returning to work who are at a higher risk surely. I personally have been working the whole time (that is irrelevant but not to me lol).  I understand the need to protect against the dreaded 2nd wave but the UK government think it's fine to ease restrictions (although they have hardly been world leaders in their handling of covid - same with the US) so I think and hope they will follow suit.

Maybe it's due to staff returning to the US? I would think they are exempt from the quarantine but even if not get them back and start booking for 2 weeks time onwards.

Hopefully next week will bring more clarity 😁

Just now, Melc said:

Interestingly, the embassy rescheduled my interview and moved it forward. It was scheduled for the 7th, and has been moved to the 6th now. 

That is interesting & bodes well that they are actually conducting some interviews, slowly but surely. 

Good luck for your interview! 

1 minute ago, 8bithearts said:

That's been my mantra for months 

I just think regardless of all the rules and regulations and presidential decrees there are still visa types that can be processed I don't see any reason why they couldn't open and have the staffing when we even have barstaff and hairdressers returning to work who are at a higher risk surely. I personally have been working the whole time (that is irrelevant but not to me lol).  I understand the need to protect against the dreaded 2nd wave but the UK government think it's fine to ease restrictions (although they have hardly been world leaders in their handling of covid - same with the US) so I think and hope they will follow suit.

Maybe it's due to staff returning to the US? I would think they are exempt from the quarantine but even if not get them back and start booking for 2 weeks time onwards.

Hopefully next week will bring more clarity 😁

I feel if they just publicised more accurate information for example - exact dates when they will start rescheduling cancelled mission critical category interviews and dates when they will start accepting cases from NVC - then people would fee a bit more at ease and probably stop bombarding them with questions. 

I guess all this fretting and guessing doesn’t really do anyone any good and it will happen when it will happen but it’s a tough situation for everyone to be in.

Just now, Eladnolnod said:

I feel if they just publicised more accurate information for example - exact dates when they will start rescheduling cancelled mission critical category interviews and dates when they will start accepting cases from NVC - then people would fee a bit more at ease and probably stop bombarding them with questions. 

I guess all this fretting and guessing doesn’t really do anyone any good and it will happen when it will happen but it’s a tough situation for everyone to be in.

Yes communication is key, I understand they don't want to give dates early on when nobody knew what was happening, but now we have dates for reopening from the government. It's like them processing 'mission critical' visas which may include IR1/CR1 or it might not, who knows?  I haven't contacted them myself just kept up to date with the website info and visa journey.

You're right it doesn't do any good and I can't wait to see a much happier visa journey when they at least start to make progress on the current backlog.  There should be a stateside visajourney get together when we are on the other side of these crazy times.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.