Greenbaum

JUNE 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

389 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Camille Gaudier said:

what is an NOA1? It's been 3months of waiting for me.. but I havent received anything.

Do you mean NOA2?

NOA1 is the first notice of action (Receipt Notice). After about 7 up to 14 days or maximum 30 days, you will get a NOA1 (Form I-797c) this means that they did accept your application. (You signed and paid the fee). 

And NOA2 is the notice of action (Approval Notice). About 3-8 months later you will get this NOA2 (Form I-797) your approval notice, application has been approved. This can takes varies, especially in this covid and uscis plans to furlough their employees. :)

11 hours ago, Camille Gaudier said:

what is an NOA1? It's been 3months of waiting for me.. but I havent received anything.

11 hours ago, Camille Gaudier said:

all of this is overwhelming. Can someone just please guide me.

I believe you asked that question and were given and answer from another thread you started. I'll try and answer your question and give you a little more insight on how things work.

First only post your question one time. Posting more than once only "muddies" up the threads.

Second. Please post all your questions in one post unless they are an ongoing subset of the discussion and it needs further qualifying. This too will keep the thread neater. A good example is what you just did, ask a question in one post then went to a second post to post a second question. Put them all in one post. 

Third, ....   [edited]

Fourth. Read the entire thread so that you know the history of the questions that are being asked so you do not need to ask again. Of course, clarification of a topic is welcomed.

Fifth and to answer your question. Correspondence received where action has been taken on your case comes in the form of an I-797 Notice of Action (NOA1 or NOA2 for I-129f, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)}. USCIS uses numerous types of Form I-797 to communicate with applicants/petitioners or convey an immigration benefit. https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/form-i-797-types-and-functions

Sixth. Many of us use Google to find our answers and when we are in doubt or cannot locate the answer then posting a question in the thread may get you the answer. 

Good luck and stay engaged. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

putting just a reaction isn't gonna help. If you're just here to judge someone who's having a hard time figuring things out. Then you aren't helping anyone here.

Edited by Camille Gaudier

Timeline
On 6/10/2020 at 6:22 PM, Dr. Bob said:

So I made the mistake of not activating the credit card I submitted on the G-1450 form.  I got a push notification from my bank that the $535.00 USCIS charge was declined for this reason (very frustrating since I had a recurring charge go through just fine yesterday >_<).  I understand that my filing will be rejected based on lack of payment.  Since I live in Thailand, I expect it to take a minimum of 3 weeks for my application to be returned to me.  In an effort to expedite the process, should I just reprint and refile immediately?  Or must I wait for the rejection notice and my original submission to be returned to me?

What is a G-1450 form?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Camille Gaudier said:

putting just a reaction isn't gonna help. If you're just here to judge someone who's having a hard time figuring things out. Then you aren't helping anyone here.

Multiple people have already given you clear answers to your question, yet you're still asking it. Hence my reaction to your post.

Timeline

Everyone keeps saying that it is a notice.. and then someone says that it will be sent in a mail. I AM CONFUSED AS TO WHO TO BELIEVE. I havent received any calls, I havent received any text, I havent received any mail, I havent received any email. So now, tell me.. who should i rely on regarding this?

Edited by Camille Gaudier

Timeline

If you can answer this inquiry. Then please.. enlighten me. If it's a mail? or a text message or a phone call? or an email? and who should I speak to regarding this since I havent received anything of those options.. and it hs been 3months.

Timeline
On 6/11/2020 at 3:20 PM, powerpuff said:

We sent the application on June 2nd, waiting to receive an email/text and NOA1. Fingers crossed and good luck to all who filed in June 😊

So NOA1 is not an email/text? then what is it?

Timeline
1 minute ago, HRQX said:

It's sent by US mail to the US citizen. It looks like this:

i797c-notice-of-action.jpg

But you mentioned you already called and got the receipt number, which is what matters.

thank you. this is exactly the answer that im looking for.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Camille Gaudier said:

Everyone keeps saying that it is a notice.. and then someone says that it will be sent in a mail. I AM CONFUSED AS TO WHO TO BELIEVE. I havent received any calls, I havent received any text, I havent received any mail, I havent received any email. So now, tell me.. who should i rely on regarding this?

Take a deep breath. Calm down. 

I checked your another post and you posted this: 

But then on another reply of you,  you said you called them and asked about the receipt number.  

What is NOA1? I filed in June30 and we havent received anything until now. All we have is a receipt number. No text, no email, no mail from anyone. So, what am I really waiting for here? A parcel? a call? an email? a text message? Enlighten me. Because I do feel lost.

I'll make it clear for you,  NOA1 is a notice. Yes, it can be informed on the text, email and mail. 

Firstly, they will give you a notice on text to your petitioner. Example

USCIS: Your case was received. Receipt # WAC**********. Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) to follow in mail. Msg & Data rates may apply. DO NOT REPLY

(this is NOA1)

after that you can check on uscis tracker https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do, just put your receipt number and woahhh you'll see your case processing there. 

after that, they will mail you the hard-copy of this NOA1. 

And to answer your another question, what is G-1450?

G-1450 is used and included in the k1 packet if he/she will be paying using debit or credit card.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Camille Gaudier said:

So NOA1 is not an email/text? then what is it?

I've got some friends, some of them didn't receive the text message or email but they will just immediately got the NOA1 on the mail. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Aulia073 said:

Take a deep breath. Calm down. 

I checked your another post and you posted this: 

But then on another reply of you,  you said you called them and asked about the receipt number.  

What is NOA1? I filed in June30 and we havent received anything until now. All we have is a receipt number. No text, no email, no mail from anyone. So, what am I really waiting for here? A parcel? a call? an email? a text message? Enlighten me. Because I do feel lost.

I'll make it clear for you,  NOA1 is a notice. Yes, it can be informed on the text, email and mail. 

Firstly, they will give you a notice on text to your petitioner. Example

USCIS: Your case was received. Receipt # WAC**********. Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) to follow in mail. Msg & Data rates may apply. DO NOT REPLY

(this is NOA1)

after that you can check on uscis tracker https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do, just put your receipt number and woahhh you'll see your case processing there. 

after that, they will mail you the hard-copy of this NOA1. 

And to answer your another question, what is G-1450?

G-1450 is used and included in the k1 packet if he/she will be paying using debit or credit card.

My fiance is the one who sent the I-129f package. I was only the one who prepared and gathered all evidence of relationship, letter of intent to marry etc. But I wasnt familiar with the terms they used with the bank cheques etc. Im sorry. thanks for answering my quiry. And yes, I am freaking out because we are doing this on our own, no lawyers involved.. So pretty much we are blind here and just relying on the internet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.