sbell

NVC Process / Confusion...

8 posts in this topic

Sorry guys, I feel with the semi extensive research I've put in I should understand this better but I find myself still pretty confused.

We FINALLY received our NO2 too back in Feb (and thanks so much to everyone who kindly advised that the overly lengthy wait for this was due to my fiance's military status - pretty sure you were all right). We both received letters about a month later stating the same thing: Mine (the alien fiance) said - The NVC has received your approved I129F from the USCIS. The NVC will now forward the petition to the US Consulate in Montreal and contact my fiance when they are ready to process.. Please go to the nvc website to learn how to prepare for the interview. Maybe it's the quarantine getting to me but I just don't feel clear on what exactly is going on at this point. Submit the D160 and gather all of the other components mentioned on the site? Is the 1-134 necessary? Are they contacting him or me when they are ready to process? Again, I'm VERY sorry I'm sure there is a thread on this already.... any direction would be super helpful. 

Thank you so so much in advance. Still pretty discouraged as our wedding is supposed to be in October but trying to be hopeful. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

You need to update your timeline with dates and other information that will help Vjers answer your questions . You need to Kindly and with alot of respect as @Greenbaum for the P3 of your country /or where you intend to interview (Beneficiary) . The P3 contains all the information you need.

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

1 hour ago, sbell said:

Sorry guys, I feel with the semi extensive research I've put in I should understand this better but I find myself still pretty confused.

We FINALLY received our NO2 too back in Feb (and thanks so much to everyone who kindly advised that the overly lengthy wait for this was due to my fiance's military status - pretty sure you were all right). We both received letters about a month later stating the same thing: Mine (the alien fiance) said - The NVC has received your approved I129F from the USCIS. The NVC will now forward the petition to the US Consulate in Montreal and contact my fiance when they are ready to process.. Please go to the nvc website to learn how to prepare for the interview. Maybe it's the quarantine getting to me but I just don't feel clear on what exactly is going on at this point. Submit the D160 and gather all of the other components mentioned on the site? What site? Link please.

Is the 1-134 necessary? Nothing that is asked for is "pick and choose". If you want the visa you must provide everything they are asking for.

Are they contacting him or me when they are ready to process? Normally they will contact the beneficiary with the P3 letter.

Again, I'm VERY sorry I'm sure there is a thread on this already.... any direction would be super helpful. 

Join us in the APRIL 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY thread and download the PDF file on the first post of the first page for tips, tricks and hacks to follow your case to the embassy. I'll post both links below:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/736008-april-2020-k-1-noa2-to-nvc-to-embassy/

PDF with tips, tricks and hacks. BTW this PDF is updated from time to time so you might check back to ensure you have the latest information.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

Thank you so so much in advance. Still pretty discouraged as our wedding is supposed to be in October but trying to be hopeful. 

We need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Time line: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RTx4pIFfcIXyW15L-nyLuBGzwqYRx5lI/view?usp=sharing

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, sbell said:

We FINALLY received our NO2 too back in Feb (and thanks so much to everyone who kindly advised that the overly lengthy wait for this was due to my fiance's military status - pretty sure you were all right). We both received letters about a month later stating the same thing: Mine (the alien fiance) said - The NVC has received your approved I129F from the USCIS. The NVC will now forward the petition to the US Consulate in Montreal and contact my fiance when they are ready to process.. Please go to the nvc website to learn how to prepare for the interview. Maybe it's the quarantine getting to me but I just don't feel clear on what exactly is going on at this point. Submit the D160 and gather all of the other components mentioned on the site? Is the 1-134 necessary? Are they contacting him or me when they are ready to process? Again, I'm VERY sorry I'm sure there is a thread on this already.... any direction would be super helpful. 

You are doing a K1 right?---And you're in Canada (just guessing by consulate you put in)

You basically have to wait for NVC to ship it, and wait for your case to say 'Ready' twice on this website: https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ (if youve been watching the date, you'll see this change in the date ---click check my visa status, but ignore anything in the box, it doesnt pertain to us)

Once its at the second 'Ready' that is when Montreal sends out the P3 to either you or the beneficiary (or both) -- when you get that, that is when you submit the packet 3, and the DS160.

After that they send you p4 to schedule your interview (that normally takes a few days)

HOWEVER. The embassy has been closed since March 18th ish. They're backed up with not only cancelled interviews, but EVERY single case that has been sent to them since.

If I were you Id check that website (choose immigrant option even though I know we aren't, and put in your MTL# to see what it says, and then go from there). But at this point, you have to wait until they open. 

I personally tried emailing them the other week cause my NoA2 expired 2 days ago, and wanted to make sure it'll be extended, but you only get an auto-reply. 

Edit: Based on the dates you have in the timeline, I'm going to GUESS that its sitting in the pile of all the other received cases from the NVC, and will eventually be worked on when the embassy decides to open it and go through all the stuff theyre backed up on. Just make sure to be checking that date on that website for it to change again. Cause that is when they will send the P3.

Edited by Zaraliaya

Thank you so much for all of this information, it is beyond helpful. I had no idea there was an additional site to check. 

I think I might have messed up as I accidentally submitted our DS160 without the go ahead you are mentioning above.. We were given a link in their last notice letter to a website where it said we would ‘learn how to prepare for the interview.’ The DS160 was the first item and did not include any time of timing instruction so I submitted today to get ahead as I thought we were supposed to... Did I make a huge mistake? Will this impact me negatively in any way? 

Once again thank you so so much. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
36 minutes ago, sbell said:

Thank you so much for all of this information, it is beyond helpful. I had no idea there was an additional site to check. 

I think I might have messed up as I accidentally submitted our DS160 without the go ahead you are mentioning above.. We were given a link in their last notice letter to a website where it said we would ‘learn how to prepare for the interview.’ The DS160 was the first item and did not include any time of timing instruction so I submitted today to get ahead as I thought we were supposed to... Did I make a huge mistake? Will this impact me negatively in any way? 

Once again thank you so so much. 

tbh Im not super sure.

I know of someone that did and it was delayed, but at this point everything is delayed. Idk how long DS160s are good for. Just make sure to keep confirmation # of the DS160 because you will need that for the Packet 3 because they ask for the number, and proof of submitting it.

Worst case, you will just have to fill it out all over again, but I'm not super sure.

If you want, there is a Canadian FB with people who have gone through the process and you can ask there. Ill DM you the think.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

CO don't know or see how many DS-160 you submit because they have to scan the code only on the confirmation page you submitted. I know of someone that submitted 3 DS-160's as he kept on making mistakes but at the end he went to the embassy only with the confirmation page of the correct DS-160 he mentioned it in passing and they said its OK. So please follow the PDF you just might learn something new

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.