Karay

Ghana Police Certificate

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello,

I have  questions about obtaining the ghana police certificate. Do you really need to take the hard copy of your passport or a soft copy will suffice? Also, I thought it was 120 ghana cedis  to obtain it? Because I was told that if you have traveled outside the country within 6 months, you have to pay 1200 ghana cedis. Thank you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 5/15/2020 at 11:51 AM, Karay said:

Hello,

I have  questions about obtaining the ghana police certificate. Do you really need to take the hard copy of your passport or a soft copy will suffice? Also, I thought it was 120 ghana cedis  to obtain it? Because I was told that if you have traveled outside the country within 6 months, you have to pay 1200 ghana cedis. Thank you. 

Yes, you'll need the official passport.

1200GHC?! I haven't read anyone sharing this experience before, in the old threads about Police Cert, I saw. However,  hopefully someone can chime-in on that part of your question. 

Best of luck to you!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ama🖤Kwaku said:

Yes, you'll need the official passport.

1200GHC?! I haven't read anyone sharing this experience before, in the old threads about Police Cert, I saw. However,  hopefully someone can chime-in on that part of your question. 

Best of luck to you!

Thank you for your response.

Timeline

That's extremely expensive. I had mine done same day for 400 cedis. The official fees are like 200 cedis. I can send you the number of the Police personnel who assisted me. 

Timeline
20 hours ago, mizq said:

That's extremely expensive. I had mine done same day for 400 cedis. The official fees are like 200 cedis. I can send you the number of the Police personnel who assisted me. 

Please. Thank you

Timeline
On 5/19/2020 at 2:06 AM, TheLoveIsDeep said:

@Karay Hello, our visa process is taking place in Accra also.  My question is, have you been able to schedule an appointment?  

I am still in the process of obtaining all civil documents.if you mean an appointment at the US embassy; no. At this time the embassy is closed. Appointments will be scheduled when they are opened. You can follow them on Instagram to know when they are open or check their website regularly.

Timeline
On 5/15/2020 at 12:51 PM, Karay said:

Hello,

The 1200gh fees is for foreigners who lived in Ghana not citizens 

the official fees is 130 now I think 

I do have someone der who does it for all the ppl I send to him ,if u wish Jux inbox me 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 5/15/2020 at 11:51 AM, Karay said:

Hello,

They make up prices sometimes depending on who you know so who knows what the "real" price is. I honestly forgot how much it was for my spouse but I'm pretty sure it was less than 400cedis. Obtained May 2019.

Timeline
12 hours ago, JC&BS said:

They make up prices sometimes depending on who you know so who knows what the "real" price is. I honestly forgot how much it was for my spouse but I'm pretty sure it was less than 400cedis. Obtained May 2019.

Thank you for your response.

Timeline
On 5/24/2020 at 3:27 AM, JC&BS said:

U are ryt wen u say depends on who does it for u some of them are 3rd parties so they have to include all fees ( all those they have to pay including themselves ) but the official price is 130gh which takes officially 14 working days but depends on who does it for u .. u can have it same day or in 3days 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.