AzoTBG

Transfer to local offices opinion

59 posts in this topic

I am really hoping for some news by July 8th, because we are traveling on 17th and will be out of states until September, so it would be really complicated if we received RFE in meantime.

I didn't expect any news until end of the year, because processing times were 14-16 months for SRC, and we filed in end of September.

But with all of those movements now, I don't know what to think anymore.

Local office received our case on May 1st(New Orleans), anyone with same office?

1 hour ago, AzoTBG said:

I am really hoping for some news by July 8th, because we are traveling on 17th and will be out of states until September, so it would be really complicated if we received RFE in meantime.

I didn't expect any news until end of the year, because processing times were 14-16 months for SRC, and we filed in end of September.

But with all of those movements now, I don't know what to think anymore.

Local office received our case on May 1st(New Orleans), anyone with same office?

June 8th, not July

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Approval gravy train may come to an end soon. USCIS offices are opening June 4 for most activities. https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-preparing-resume-public-services-june-4

In addition there is a 7 hour tool outage on Sat May 30 starting at 11 pm. https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/tools-outage

This is unusual as typical ones are just 3 hours.

Most likely to issue case status updates on interviews scheduled, biometric notices etc. enmass for all the backlog accumulated.

4 minutes ago, tu2008 said:

Approval gravy train may come to an end soon. USCIS offices are opening June 4 for most activities. https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-preparing-resume-public-services-june-4

In addition there is a 7 hour tool outage on Sat May 30 starting at 11 pm. https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/tools-outage

This is unusual as typical ones are just 3 hours.

Most likely to issue case status updates on interviews scheduled, biometric notices etc. enmass for all the backlog accumulated.

Well, I don't think interviews will start before at least June 22nd, they need time to mail paper notices, if they start that on Monday 1st, at least 3-4weeks need to pass before interviews

Timeline
Just now, AzoTBG said:

Well, I don't think interviews will start before at least June 22nd, they need time to mail paper notices, if they start that on Monday 1st, at least 3-4weeks need to pass before interviews

I agree. I hope so. Most likely interviews will start after independence day. Till then, naturalization ceremonies and biometrics are likely.

Did anyone realized about the case being transferred to a local office when calling USCIS or through the chat ? Without any changes online ( small or hard ones)? 

1 hour ago, Phoenix777 said:

Did anyone realized about the case being transferred to a local office when calling USCIS or through the chat ? Without any changes online ( small or hard ones)? 

I saw it through my uscis, which updates 12 May to the transfer to local office. The egov site shows it was updated on 12 May but it still shows fingerprints were taken. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Snorkel378 said:

I saw it through my uscis, which updates 12 May to the transfer to local office. The egov site shows it was updated on 12 May but it still shows fingerprints were taken. 

Wow! This is the first time I am hearing of such a thing. Thank you for letting us know.

Timeline

I looked on N-400 forums. Naturalization interviews are scheduled July 5th and after. Oath ceremonies are scheduled June 4th and after. i did not see any AoS interviews scheduled yet. But I did not look in depth. 

So hopefully,  we may have 5 more weeks of RoC approvals.

2 minutes ago, tu2008 said:

I looked on N-400 forums. Naturalization interviews are scheduled July 5th and after. Oath ceremonies are scheduled June 4th and after. i did not see any AoS interviews scheduled yet. But I did not look in depth. 

So hopefully,  we may have 5 more weeks of RoC approvals.

I just hope they take care of my wife’s ROC soon and not lose it while it’s there at our field office.

Aaand May is done ;(

Case transferred May 1st, so on Monday will be 1month since that.

Hopefully will receive some good news in June. 

Traveling on 17th, so it would be great if something happens next week.

Other then that, If it comes to July, who knows how long it will take since they will start AoS interviews.

Alright y’all, after being transferred to our local office in San Antonio, Texas, on 12 May, my wife’s case has switched over to new card being produced on the egov site, nothing has changed on the my.uscis site yet. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Snorkel378 said:

Alright y’all, after being transferred to our local office in San Antonio, Texas, on 12 May, my wife’s case has switched over to new card being produced on the egov site, nothing has changed on the my.uscis site yet. 

Congrats!!!! It will change tomorrow.

Timeline

Another Tools outage scheduled. Lots of interviews and biometrics will probably get scheduled.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/tools-outage

Tools Outage

USCIS will conduct system maintenance to the Contact Relationship Interface System (CRIS) on Saturday, June 6th, at 11:00 p.m. through Sunday, June 7th , at 6:00 a.m. Eastern.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.