visaq123

Dominican Republic Filers

40 posts in this topic

On 6/30/2020 at 4:36 AM, AEE12RD22 said:

Good morning! Just wondering if I as well could get that info.. I haven’t found much for DR to follow here. Thank you in advance.

Sorry! I have been super busy this past week.  I will message you the link! 

On 5/11/2020 at 9:07 AM, visaq123 said:

Hi everyone. Who is in the process with a loved one from DR?

I am still in the beginning stages. We sent our petition last week!

On 6/30/2020 at 11:07 PM, AEE12RD22 said:

I’m sorry, but that information is false.. Where other people with interviews in other embassies are posting they got interview dates already, the embassy pages still show that they are closed. Follow other forums and u will see that.. and that is what i am trying to find and follow. And the statement about the country barely being open for business, there are Dominican Government offices open since back in May. Make sure your info is accurate.. I was just there March to April. Just saying. I know what’s going on there and here.. Info on appointments will arise before the embassy declares it is opened.. and that’s what I am looking for. That is what this page is for.

My dominican fiance has been approved since April but we have been unable to get an interview with the embassy in Santo Domingo. thanks for this info... please let me know if you find anything else.

On 5/12/2020 at 10:57 AM, kec523 said:

Oh okay great! Yep! We had a really hard time getting our AOS paperwork accepted, it took 3 tries. We are all good now but didn't get a biometrics appointment before all of this started so we are on hold. 

You should join our what'sapp group! All people doing K1 and CR1 visas who have a partner/spouse in the DR! Do you want the info? 

i would like to join if possible, currently waiting for the embassy to begin scheduling interviews

5 hours ago, Blue22s said:

My dominican fiance has been approved since April but we have been unable to get an interview with the embassy in Santo Domingo. thanks for this info... please let me know if you find anything else.

i would like to join if possible, currently waiting for the embassy to begin scheduling interviews

Calls are already being made for appointments 🤞🏻

Our kids have been documentarily qualified at NVC since May 21. IR-2 visas. Still patiently waiting for an interview date in SDO.

Edited by C&AH

I just updated the After NOA2 wiki page.

If anyone of you has any additional information, let me know. It's been years since its been updated. Thx

The link is below

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

1 hour ago, MrTee12 said:

If anyone of you has any additional information, let me know. It's been years since its been updated. Thx

The link is below

I am definitely making a note of that page! Thank you

16 hours ago, MrTee12 said:

The link is below

I was looking at the link under Ir1/Cr1 Marriage Visa process and a few things have changed.  Here's a screen shot of the current NVC process per ceac:

image.png.2994cd2a97fd98f8ea2eba0d99e5157d.png

image.png.690e4a940bbfdaae44821d21e160f4c6.png

image.png.7097862219705e4a4dc58b5e3e6035b7.png

IV Fee is $325

AOS Fee is $120

Once the fees are excepted then it shows "paid" and "incomplete" for the applications.  Then the applications are ready to be filled out and submitted.

When you upload documents, it gives you a pull-down list of categories to assign to the upload.  If they require more documents, they send an email to notify you that you have a message, so you'd go pack to this portal, log in and see "messages".  Be patient while waiting to open message, as it takes a minute or two to appear.

I submitted the most recent tax transcript, which was 2018 since my 2019 taxes hadn't been processed yet.  There was a space for me to add a comment to explain why.

image.thumb.png.a94579f383f7d3112963069a10d63d7c.png

For the Civil Documents:

image.thumb.png.470bd496f4bcaacdff1443e2e3519ae8.png

There has been a lot of debate about the photos required.  I read that in the Dominican Republic passport type photos are taken at the medical exam for the embassy.  So I submitted a few wedding photos instead.  

The process is similar with my husbands minor children who are immigrating with him.  They had their own page like his to pay IV fees and upload documents.  The AOS applies to all three who are immigrating at the same time, so that is only paid once.  The children also had the same documents to upload minus the police certificate because they are both under 16 years old.  I uploaded photos of each child with their father and brother.

2 minutes ago, JojoandTomas said:

@sbarbie1914 how many photos did you submit? Ive been wondering how much is too many

two for each beneficiary

Thanks. I will make the corrections soon.

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a news article online:  "The Embassy of the United States in the Dominican Republic reported today that consular services, including student visa applications, continue to be suspended...this closure includes all routine immigrant and non-immigrant visa services."

Looks like we continue to wait.

18 hours ago, sbarbie1914 said:

Saw a news article online:  "The Embassy of the United States in the Dominican Republic reported today that consular services, including student visa applications, continue to be suspended...this closure includes all routine immigrant and non-immigrant visa services."

Looks like we continue to wait.

The Embassy website usually updates their COVID-19 info weekly (Tuesdays), yet this week there is no update. 🤔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.