Thewander

I864 current income requirements

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello, my husband works in the UK but our home is in Ireland and myself and our children stay in Ireland full time while my husband travels over for work. I am the US citizen, my husband an Irish citizen. My questions are - 

will he need a police report for both Ireland & the UK? 
will he need proof and paystubs for his current employment in the UK for the i864? 

can we use his income to meet the requirements or will we need my parents to joint sponsor who live in the US? My husband meets the income threshold but I don’t know if that needs to be American employment 

I receive SSDI, do I count that as my income on the i864? 

thank you for any help!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Thewander said:

Hello, my husband works in the UK but our home is in Ireland and myself and our children stay in Ireland full time while my husband travels over for work. I am the US citizen, my husband an Irish citizen. My questions are - 

will he need a police report for both Ireland & the UK? 
will he need proof and paystubs for his current employment in the UK for the i864? 

can we use his income to meet the requirements or will we need my parents to joint sponsor who live in the US? My husband meets the income threshold but I don’t know if that needs to be American employment 

I receive SSDI, do I count that as my income on the i864? 

thank you for any help!

Unless your husband's income will continue from the same source after he immigrates to the US, his income is zero.  Your SSDI is "your" income.  Sounds like you'll need a qualified joint sponsor.  Yes, you'll need police reports from the UK and Ireland but don't get them until after the I-130 petition is approved.  They need to be fresh.

It's going to be critical that you become an A-student of the I-864 instructions.  Your financial questions (the ones you asked and the ones you haven't asked yet) are in those instructions.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
15 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Unless your husband's income will continue from the same source after he immigrates to the US, his income is zero.  Your SSDI is "your" income.  Sounds like you'll need a qualified joint sponsor.  Yes, you'll need police reports from the UK and Ireland but don't get them until after the I-130 petition is approved.  They need to be fresh.

It's going to be critical that you become an A-student of the I-864 instructions.  Your financial questions (the ones you asked and the ones you haven't asked yet) are in those instructions.

Thank you! I’ll start studying the instructions now. My parents will joint sponsor I just worry about getting all of their documents from the US over to Ireland. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Thewander said:

Thank you! I’ll start studying the instructions now. My parents will joint sponsor I just worry about getting all of their documents from the US over to Ireland. 

Everything you need from them can be scanned and emailed.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
4 hours ago, Thewander said:

And then printed out and mailed in? 

Affidavits are uploaded to the ceac site/system, not mailed.  They come at the NVC stage, not when filing the petition.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

On 5/5/2020 at 4:58 PM, Thewander said:

And then printed out and mailed in? 

Nothing is mailed anymore, everything is uploaded electronically at the NVC

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
52 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Nothing is mailed anymore, everything is uploaded electronically at the NVC

Oh ok. The last time we did this was in 2012 so things were very different. Does the NVC notify us and send a link with the i864? And our joint sponsor would fill out the 864A? Can they do that from the states or do I fill it out for them?

On 5/6/2020 at 4:18 AM, pushbrk said:

Affidavits are uploaded to the ceac site/system, not mailed.  They come at the NVC stage, not when filing the petition.

I hope that stage comes quickly 

11 minutes ago, Thewander said:

Oh ok. The last time we did this was in 2012 so things were very different. Does the NVC notify us and send a link with the i864? And our joint sponsor would fill out the 864A? Can they do that from the states or do I fill it out for them?

I hope that stage comes quickly 

You download the I-864 from the USCIS website. Its still the same form just needs to be scanned and uploaded. Your joint sponsor can email it to you to upload. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I-864 for you AND I-864 for joint sponsor.  I-864a for joint sponsor spouse is applicable plus all documents for both AOS

Timeline
4 minutes ago, NikLR said:

I-864 for you AND I-864 for joint sponsor.  I-864a for joint sponsor spouse is applicable plus all documents for both AOS

Thank you. We’re going through the consulate route as we’re both still in Ireland awaiting the whole process. But I’m really needing to get back home to my mom who isn’t well. 

3 minutes ago, Thewander said:

Thank you. We’re going through the consulate route as we’re both still in Ireland awaiting the whole process. But I’m really needing to get back home to my mom who isn’t well. 

AOS means affidavit of support in this instance not adjustment of status. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Thewander said:

As soon as flights are available, you can return to the US if you choose to.  It's the foreign spouse who needs to wait for the immigrant visa.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.