Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, STurcotte77 said:

Awesome.  
I’m so mad at myself cause I filed on 12/23 but only requested the N-400 (I don’t know what I was thinking).   I filed for the A file 1/12 and just hit step 2 (complex track 2) today.  

I filed the FOIA on 1/13 and requested for my entire A-file but still in step though. 

44 minutes ago, STurcotte77 said:

Awesome.  
I’m so mad at myself cause I filed on 12/23 but only requested the N-400 (I don’t know what I was thinking).   I filed for the A file 1/12 and just hit step 2 (complex track 2) today.  

I think step 2 is “File Requested” ? So what do you mean by complex track please?

I filed FOIA on 01/13 and requested for my entire A-file and it’s still in step 1 though, I should have done this in December, but anyway finger crossed.

Edited by lightstream19

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, lightstream19 said:

I think step 2 is “File Requested” ? So what do you mean by complex track please?

I filed FOIA on 01/13 and requested for my entire A-file and it’s still in step 1 though, I should have done this in December, but anyway finger crossed.

Yes, of course. It's basically their internal tracking system.  Here is a brief explanation of it; 

Multi-track Processing USCIS uses a three-track, first-in/first-out (FIFO) processing system.

Track 1 is for less complex cases in which a requester needs only one or only a few specific documents from the file.

Track 2 is for more complex cases. A complete copy of a file, requests from the news media, or special interest groups are examples of Track 2 cases. If we receive a request for specific documents which implies most of the file (for instance, “the asylum application and all supporting documents,”) we will assign the request to the complex track.

Track 3 is an accelerated track for cases involving individuals who are to appear before an immigration judge. In order to receive Track 3 priority processing, you must include one of the following documents with the FOIA request: • Form I-862, Notice to Appear, documenting a future scheduled date ofthe subject’s hearing before the immigration judge; or • Form I-122, Order to Show Cause, documenting a future scheduled date ofthe subject’s hearing before the immigration judge; or • Form I-863, Notice of Referral to Immigration Judge; or • a written notice of continuation of a future scheduled hearing beforethe immigration judge.

4 minutes ago, STurcotte77 said:

Yes, of course. It's basically their internal tracking system.  Here is a brief explanation of it; 

Multi-track Processing USCIS uses a three-track, first-in/first-out (FIFO) processing system.

Track 1 is for less complex cases in which a requester needs only one or only a few specific documents from the file.

Track 2 is for more complex cases. A complete copy of a file, requests from the news media, or special interest groups are examples of Track 2 cases. If we receive a request for specific documents which implies most of the file (for instance, “the asylum application and all supporting documents,”) we will assign the request to the complex track.

Track 3 is an accelerated track for cases involving individuals who are to appear before an immigration judge. In order to receive Track 3 priority processing, you must include one of the following documents with the FOIA request: • Form I-862, Notice to Appear, documenting a future scheduled date ofthe subject’s hearing before the immigration judge; or • Form I-122, Order to Show Cause, documenting a future scheduled date ofthe subject’s hearing before the immigration judge; or • Form I-863, Notice of Referral to Immigration Judge; or • a written notice of continuation of a future scheduled hearing beforethe immigration judge.

Okay thanks for the explanation, but how do I know If I’m on track 2 complex track please?

Timeline
1 minute ago, lightstream19 said:

Okay thanks for the explanation, but how do I know If I’m on track 2 complex track please?

Oh sorry!  When check your FOIA status there is a "Document Library" on the top right under the control number.  There should be a receipt letter there and it will say on there.  🙂

8 minutes ago, STurcotte77 said:

Oh sorry!  When check your FOIA status there is a "Document Library" on the top right under the control number.  There should be a receipt letter there and it will say on there.  🙂

Okay thanks, but no info there yet, just the document library and submission date, I would give it a week. Thanks once again and good luck to us all!

Edited by lightstream19

Timeline
5 minutes ago, lightstream19 said:

Okay thanks, but no info there yet, just the document library and submission date, I would give it a week. Thanks once again and good luck to us all!

Oh okay.  Don't lose hope, it took 8 days for my status to move. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Rn400 said:

STurcotte77 -Thanks, good info. I checked mine now and it's on Track2. But no idea why no sign of an interview!

12/10 filed. Step 3 ..6300 on queue. Very confusing! fingers crossed!! 

Hmmm... there was someone over on the FB group in a similar situation.  I wonder why that is...maybe something to do with size/age of original A file? Just speculation. 

Mine was back in 2007 so I am also curious if the year you filed originally has anything to do with the actual processing of the FOIA.  All speculation and my overactive brain.  LOL 

16 minutes ago, Rn400 said:

eizerr , you mentioned you are in the same situation and waiting for an interview? did you file FOIA  a month ago? and did you move to another state or anything like that?

Does anyone else in this forum have a similar situation to mine? A-file was requested a month ago and still waiting for the interview schedule.

Ah sorry, I'm a bit different, mine FOIA request is still in step 2 not step 3, 6000-ish place in the queue. Nothing got scheduled for me yet. March 2020 filer

I entered in 2009, did not move in the past few years

Edited by eizerr

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Folks - just wanted to let you know that as of yesterday (1/21) my spouses' FOIA status went to Complete and the A-file details could be retrieved in the document library within the FOIA site itself. It was about 140 pages consisting of records/evidence  submitted during the GC process and the N400 application 

Timeline

FOIA submission : 12/10/2021

FOIA to Step 3 : 1/5/2022 

Interview notification : 1/7/2022

FOIA  Complete: 1/21/2022

I found an interesting case flag as part of the N400 document that stated : Applicant may not have been an LPR for 5 years. I suspect this is because we did early filing based on the N400- early filing calculator.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.