Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
1 minute ago, lightstream19 said:

Congrats. How do you do the FOIA please? Any idea? Can one do that even if one’s case is still within the processing time?

https://www.foia.gov/how-to.html

I submitted mine when it was within case processing time so yea - no impact 

9 minutes ago, roddie2k said:

Happy to inform that I too have been scheduled for my interview on Valentine's day (lol) . For better context from an FOIA perspective, my wife's FOIA went to step 3 a week before mine did and now my interview has been scheduled a week after her's. 

I really think FOIA did the trick and urge all who have not done so to go ahead and submit a request - you have nothing to lose ! 

Mine is in that range as well - I guess you will receive your appointment soon. 

Thank you so much for positive Vibes, Are you saying you got interview while its still in Step 2? For me and my wife both are still in Step 2 for almost 20+ Days. 

https://www.foia.gov/how-to.html

I submitted mine when it was within case processing time so yea - no impact 

Thank you. I think I would have to do it from my USCIS online account, what’s the description of records requested please?

Edited by lightstream19

Timeline
Just now, April202Filer said:

Thank you so much for positive Vibes, Are you saying you got interview while its still in Step 2? For me and my wife both are still in Step 2 for almost 20+ Days. 

Based on what I read on the forums- I really dont think Step 2 and 3 matters anymore . There are forum members who got their interviews while in Step 2 as well.. The important thing is that you submitted your FOIA requests which probably accelerates your path to interview.

4 minutes ago, Labradoodle said:

For those who have submitted their FOIA requests (and successfully “unlocked” the deadlock), did you only select “A-file” from the selections menu, or did you make multiple selections? I just wanted to make sure I submitted my FOIA request correctly. 

Please do I need to make a request for myself?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, lightstream19 said:

Thank you. I think I would have to do it from my USCIS online account, what’s the description of records requested please?

Yes from your USCIS account and for description it would just be complete Alien file 

3 minutes ago, lightstream19 said:

Please do I need to make a request for myself?

Yes you would have to.

6 minutes ago, roddie2k said:

Yes from your USCIS account and for description it would just be complete Alien file 

Yes you would have to.

Thanks, please do I need to fill out my parents names?

Just now, lightstream19 said:

Thanks, please do I need to fill out my parents names?

Also, it says describe the records you’re seeking, available file types?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, rams_usa said:

Great news!!! I just logged into USCIS portal this morning and see both mine and wife's interview were scheduled for Feb. 

We filed FOIA on Dec 12th. Mine went to step 3 on Dec 30. My wife's is still in Step 2 as of this morning. 

It looks like FOIA has triggered the interview. 

We have international trip next day after the interview and wondering if we can ask USCIS to have next Oath ceremony date instead of the same day oath. Any one has any experience in this ?

YAY!   That's awesome.  Congratulations. 

Timeline

Yes you would have to.

Ah that's good to know!  I only requested N400 in Dec...

To be safe I put in another request for my Complete A File yesterday. 🙂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I'm extremely surprised that the FOIA would make a difference, but it does seem like it have for many of you . Very happy for you, guys, finally things are moving.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
Just now, lightstream19 said:

Okay, what should I select on the available file types please?

I guess to be safe your enitre A file....?

I have requests for both A file and N400 but I think from what I am reading just the A file will do. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.