Italian7

New Orleans Field Office,

120 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 9/18/2020 at 6:50 PM, Italian7 said:

We are back! @Letspaintcookies @Rusk Marcotte

As you might know, I did AOS while already inside the US on student visa (F1). We have been married for 1.5 years, and we applied over 1 years ago. 

Just got this email 1 hour ago.

47A2513F-28B3-48AF-BDF0-582EFA9AE6BA.jpeg

Timeline

Congratulations !!!! Yes 

I just hope mine comes before next Semester 

of college ! My stepson got a scholarship when I registered him for college under a  permeant Resident ! A savings of 4000 dollars a semester

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I was wondering all the time what determines ones spot in line. Is it the date of the NOA1 or the ready to schedule date? Cause you @Italian7 applied way before me but ready to schedule was after me. Seems like it's the NOA1 date. That means one could get pushed back for interview again and again as soon as a new case gets send over from NVC if the new case had applied earlier.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 2:45 PM, Al23 said:

Hey All🙂

Glad I found this thread. My FO also New Orleans. No news for now, on I-485. Just today got EAD card (7/23), approval I-765 was 6/30

Ready to be scheduled from 3/19/2020

Will wait a little bit for scheduled date, if it will be no news for next weeks- will apply to I-131...

any updates?

On 9/20/2020 at 6:22 PM, Letspaintcookies said:

I was wondering all the time what determines ones spot in line. Is it the date of the NOA1 or the ready to schedule date? Cause you @Italian7 applied way before me but ready to schedule was after me. Seems like it's the NOA1 date. That means one could get pushed back for interview again and again as soon as a new case gets send over from NVC if the new case had applied earlier.

when were you ready to schedule? have you been scheduled yet? 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Dianav1211 said:

any updates?

when were you ready to schedule? have you been scheduled yet? 

February 27th, no news so far

Timeline
On 9/20/2020 at 2:22 AM, Rusk Marcotte said:

Congratulations !!!! Yes 

I just hope mine comes before next Semester 

of college ! My stepson got a scholarship when I registered him for college under a  permeant Resident ! A savings of 4000 dollars a semester

Crossing my fingers, that's worth it

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi guys im new here , i filed for AOS for my mom on feb 2020 , so far biometrics appt in march got canceled because of covid, she did august new biometrics appt, received her EAD and SSN beg of sept... from what i see it seems like new orleans office takes a little long for interviews ... im glad i found this forum because i can tell there isnt many people that have this office assigned... the other one seems to move somewhat faster or is it just me? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jenn90 said:

Hi guys im new here , i filed for AOS for my mom on feb 2020 , so far biometrics appt in march got canceled because of covid, she did august new biometrics appt, received her EAD and SSN beg of sept... from what i see it seems like new orleans office takes a little long for interviews ... im glad i found this forum because i can tell there isnt many people that have this office assigned... the other one seems to move somewhat faster or is it just me? 

It didn't used to be that bad. During 2019 it took about 5-6 months till interview. Compared to others actually quite good but idk Covid changed that pretty much.

Timeline
On 9/29/2020 at 11:14 AM, Letspaintcookies said:

Crossing my fingers, that's worth it

Still waiting to hear something ! End of February 

when we received EAD card ! Still the same thing ! Lol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 10/2/2020 at 6:19 PM, Letspaintcookies said:

It didn't used to be that bad. During 2019 it took about 5-6 months till interview. Compared to others actually quite good but idk Covid changed that pretty much.

Ohh i see yeah i mean i figured covid will slow things down but i feel this center is like going sooo slowww, but we shall keep waiting :) 

• 3 weeks later...

We did it! We had our interview yesterday in the New Orleans office. It took about 29 minutes from the moment we checked in until the moment we stepped out of the building. 

They took my finger print on one window, then pick up my interview notice on the other window. 

we waited less than 5 minutes in the waiting area before they called our name. 

there were 2 other couples there plus one individual person. 

the interview started with Interviewer asking us to swear and sign piece of paper about it. Then, my spouse signed document that says she will support me financially (about I-864).

He goes over the I-485 with me first. He checks our address, asked my wife about my birthday, and parents names. He asked if she has met them, and where. Then, he goes over the legal questions with me. 

later, We do the same with her I-130. She goes over the petition with her, and asks me about the personal questions like (parents names, birthday, date of marriage). 

then, he asked us to see our marriage certificate, and scanned it. 

Next, he ask if we have any new document about “bona-fida” of our marriage. We gave him brand new lease that we signed 4 days earlier. 

Then, I started pulling out stack of paper to hand them out to him while he went over the lease. Like bank statement, car insurance, utilities bills, Amex statement, life insurance.)

My wife tells him we also have 2 albums of pictures and if he wants to see them while I am pulling the paperwork out of the folder. 

he said “of course, please tell me summary of y’all relationship” 

We tell him our story while he is looking at the picture. He is not done looking at the pictures while we finished our story. 

I was about to hand him our all our paper evidence when he says. “Okay, I believe you marriage is real. Your application is approved today. You will get it in the next couple weeks”

Thanks for y’all guy help. If you have any other questions, just let me know. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.