Italian7

New Orleans Field Office,

120 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2020 at 6:01 PM, volts said:

Not much to report other than that my wife received her EAD/Advance Parole card on 8/7.

@Italian7, have you tried calling USCIS for an update?

@Volts, no, I have not called the at all. 

According USCIS website, processing time is anywhere between 11 to 36 months for AOS in NOLA. 

I did read here that somebody had an Oath ceremony at New Orleans 2 months ago. She told me that there were only 7 people at the ceremony. 

6 hours ago, Italian7 said:

@Volts, no, I have not called the at all. 

According USCIS website, processing time is anywhere between 11 to 36 months for AOS in NOLA. 

I did read here that somebody had an Oath ceremony at New Orleans 2 months ago. She told me that there were only 7 people at the ceremony. 

I had my oath ceremony on 6/17. There were 10 of us for the oath and 2 for interviews. Not sure if it was citizenship or AOS interviews. And one of them was military. They were certainly prioritizing oath ceremonies.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Googled a bit and found a forum where somebody reported that he'll have his AOS interview in NOLA end of September. That's something. At least they're doing AOS interviews

@Letspaintcookies hey, would you mind sharing the link of that forum? I would love to email this person to ask him more details about it like. Was his interview supposed to be in March and got cancelled due to Covid? When did he get the notification 

Good information for sure. I have only seen Naturalization interviews and ceremony oath done in NOLA since they opened 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Italian7 said:

@Letspaintcookies hey, would you mind sharing the link of that forum? I would love to email this person to ask him more details about it like. Was his interview supposed to be in March and got cancelled due to Covid? When did he get the notification 

Good information for sure. I have only seen Naturalization interviews and ceremony oath done in NOLA since they opened 

Just wanted to post the link and searched for it again but I saw that you have already found it 😊

The person is adjusting from EB2 and filed in Nov 19. That's what I could find. Keep us posted if you find out more

Edited by Letspaintcookies

Timeline
11 hours ago, Dianav1211 said:

Hi all,

Any updates? Been waiting for AOS interview, has been ready to be scheduled since end of July ,2020. Was just wondering if anyone has heard if there are more AOS interviews being conducted or if it is only oath ceremonies? EAD card up end of next May, hoping to not have to renew.

Thanks

Nothing new. 201 days since ready to schedule 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Thenaturalstate said:

Anyone had their Boimetrics at New Orleans ASC lately ?

I think everybody who's posted here so far is already waiting for interviews.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Italian7 said:

We are back! @Letspaintcookies @Rusk Marcotte

As you might know, I did AOS while already inside the US on student visa (F1). We have been married for 1.5 years, and we applied over 1 years ago. 

Just got this email 1 hour ago.

47A2513F-28B3-48AF-BDF0-582EFA9AE6BA.jpeg

That's awesome. So happy for you 🥳🥳 things are moving in NOLA 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.