Azhaz

UK Passport about to expire. Affect N400?

4 posts in this topic

I currently have my green card. With the virus having everything shutdown I'm assuming my passport will take a very long time to renew. My passport expires end of May. I am planning to finish my N400 application this week.

Since I already am a resident, will my expiring passport be an issue?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I would still renew the passport at your local consulate or by mail, or however they let you renew. Not having a valid passport from somewhere could be an issue if you have to travel internationally. File the N400 that will probably take over a year to get to interview anyway, and renew your passport in the interim.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
11 hours ago, Azhaz said:

I currently have my green card. With the virus having everything shutdown I'm assuming my passport will take a very long time to renew. My passport expires end of May. I am planning to finish my N400 application this week.

Since I already am a resident, will my expiring passport be an issue?

You probably already know you can’t get a passport at a  British consulate in the US as was suggested. You will have to mail your current passport and application off to the UK. Typically those come back in just a few weeks...before world pandemic. Just wanted to say I read on the BBC news today that passport office workers have been asked to return to work next week by HMPO officials.  

Edited by Wuozopo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.