1,791 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hello i filed a FOIA and this is what i got today

We received your request for information on March 7, 2022. The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. § 552, specifies certain requirements for an access request. One of these requirements is that the request must be made in accordance with the agency's published FOIA regulations. In the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) regulation, Title 6 C.F.R. § 5.3 , Requirements for Making A Request; the procedures for requesting access to DHS records are outlined. See McDonnell v. U.S., 4 F.3d 1227, 1236 (3d Cir. 1993). Because the records you seek are those of a personal nature, DHS' regulations require you to provide verification of identity and, if applicable, certification of agreement to release information to you from the records subject before a disclosure of information can be made. In accordance with 6 CFR § 5.21, verification of identity consists of a written statement from the records subject stating his/her full name, current address, and date and place of birth. Additionally, the subject of record must sign the written statement and the signature must either be notarized or signed under penalty of perjury. Although you are not required to use Form G-639 when submitting a FOIA request, a notarized signature in Part 4, 8.a. or a signature in Part 4, 8.b. under penalty of perjury would fulfill the signature requirement. Form G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Accredited Representative, (revised March 4, 2015), may be used to establish certification of agreement from the subject of record. Please note, however, that as of May 15, 2015, USCIS no longer accepts prior versions of the G-28 form . The requested information may also be provided on a separate sheet of paper as long as the subject of record signs the information provided and the signature is notarized or signed under penalty of perjury. Your case has been closed with no further action taken. If you wish to pursue this request, please provide the information described by the regulation cited above. The requirements of filing a FOIA or PA request are also available for your convenience on our website at www.uscis.go

Please can anybody help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Raymyster said:

Hello i filed a FOIA and this is what i got today

Please can anybody help!

Where/How did you file for the FOIA?

Timeline

I went to https://first.uscis.gov/

I made submit new request -> Other Requests (Start new application) it says underneath it (Select this if you are making a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request about USCIS agency information including personnel-related requests.)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kristina B. said:

Where/How did you file for the FOIA?

I went to https://first.uscis.gov/

I made submit new request -> Other Requests (Start new application) it says underneath it (Select this if you are making a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request about USCIS agency information including personnel-related requests.)

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Cloggie said:

That is where I went too.

Is there another area to do this?

Q

It is weird, reading this thread looks like everybody filed an FOIA the same way but why am i getting this reply i am not sure, i hope someone who has experience in this subject will reply to me.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cloggie said:

What do we do with the FOIA once completed?

Q

You don't need to do anything basically the reason we are filing it is because our applications (between March 2020 and July 2020) are stuck and this is somehow helping free it up.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Kosova
Timeline

Finally….2 years later.

Case History
March 21, 2022
Status

Interview Was Scheduled

Date

March 21, 2022

March 18, 2022
October 29, 2020
April 30, 2020

Timeline
2 hours ago, ShpatBeqa said:

Finally….2 years later.

Case History
March 21, 2022
Status

Interview Was Scheduled

Date

March 21, 2022

March 18, 2022
October 29, 2020
April 30, 2020

Did you have to file a FOIA or they just scheduled you out of nowhere?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.