9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm currently filling out my wife I-485/I-944/etc.

I'm currently on CoveredCA for my health insurance. I'm planning to add my spouse to my plan once I get the I-797 Notice to add her to my plan as my spouse. From the looks of how much I make it will give me premium tax credit. I read that even though they do not list this as public charge right now. They might negatively rate her because premium tax credit. In theory I'm the one who will get the tax credit but I'm not sure. If I should get her unsubsidized private health insurance for her or just add her to my plan on CoveredCA.

The other thing is the education part. She study Business Administration in a native country. I don't think I be able to get the transcript in time, translation transcript, and send it off to get it certify at a company called ECE. Especially with the currently all the schools closed due to the Corona Virus. I'm thinking of just sending her translated university diploma. Also I don't think she has any of her High School Diploma with her when she came here.

Edited by p.dang

Timeline

Second question for Part 2 question 1.

618241745_ScreenShot2020-03-20at5_34_47PM.thumb.png.e58b3e33a29e743641b85841adff9b00.png

On the part Does this individual live with you? and Is this individual filing an application for an immigration benefit with you or has this individual already filed an application?

Since this is saying this is yourself. Do you need to check yes for both or leave it blank. I read the 944 instruction but it doesn't say anything.

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, p.dang said:

I'm currently filling out my wife I-485/I-944/etc.

I'm currently on CoveredCA for my health insurance. I'm planning to add my spouse to my plan once I get the I-797 Notice to add her to my plan as my spouse. From the looks of how much I make it will give me premium tax credit. I read that even though they do not list this as public charge right now. They might negatively rate her because premium tax credit. In theory I'm the one who will get the tax credit but I'm not sure. If I should get her unsubsidized private health insurance for her or just add her to my plan on CoveredCA.

The other thing is the education part. She study Business Administration in a native country. I don't think I be able to get the transcript in time, translation transcript, and send it off to get it certify at a company called ECE. Especially with the currently all the schools closed due to the Corona Virus. I'm thinking of just sending her translated university diploma. Also I don't think she has any of her High School Diploma with her when she came here.

This is a new form and doesn't have much feedback from either the USCIS or past applicants, so I'll give my best interpretation.

Your premium tax credit (how much by the way?) is a tax credit for you, the US petitioner. It doesn't directly benefit your beneficiary, although it does add to you household situation. And the fact that the tax credit you get is probably going to be relatively minor, I don't believe it'll be much of a negative weighted factor.  To me, the fact that you can afford private health insurance should be a positive factor to the USCIS. 

Regarding her transcript, I would do the same. Get it translated and offer it as the best evidence you have at the moment give the circumstances. I would go so far as to write the explanation in Part 9 and just clarify that you tried to get transcripts but the institutes are currently closed due to the covid-19 outbreak. Perhaps, by the time your green card interview rolls around, this whole situation will blow away and you can actually walk in with the transcript in hand.

37 minutes ago, p.dang said:

618241745_ScreenShot2020-03-20at5_34_47PM.thumb.png.e58b3e33a29e743641b85841adff9b00.png

On the part Does this individual live with you? and Is this individual filing an application for an immigration benefit with you or has this individual already filed an application?

Since this is saying this is yourself. Do you need to check yes for both or leave it blank. I read the 944 instruction but it doesn't say anything.

This answer is irrelevent because it lists "self" as the first household member. So, both questions don't matter any way you answer them. I would say "yes" for both and not think twice.

I learned the hard way, I hope YOU don't have to. Advice: learn, learn, learn.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Pmta1 said:

This is a new form and doesn't have much feedback from either the USCIS or past applicants, so I'll give my best interpretation.

Your premium tax credit (how much by the way?) is a tax credit for you, the US petitioner. It doesn't directly benefit your beneficiary, although it does add to you household situation. And the fact that the tax credit you get is probably going to be relatively minor, I don't believe it'll be much of a negative weighted factor.  To me, the fact that you can afford private health insurance should be a positive factor to the USCIS. 

Regarding her transcript, I would do the same. Get it translated and offer it as the best evidence you have at the moment give the circumstances. I would go so far as to write the explanation in Part 9 and just clarify that you tried to get transcripts but the institutes are currently closed due to the covid-19 outbreak. Perhaps, by the time your green card interview rolls around, this whole situation will blow away and you can actually walk in with the transcript in hand.

This answer is irrelevent because it lists "self" as the first household member. So, both questions don't matter any way you answer them. I would say "yes" for both and not think twice.

I inputed some information into coveredca just to see how much it would cost. With my current income the tax credit come out to 300ish with the both of us.

4 hours ago, p.dang said:

I think they will understand, so doesn't really matter whether you check or no. I left blank.

3 minutes ago, JeanFerreira said:

I'm doing this form right now too and I also have some questions..

In Liabilities/Debts do I need to fill with just my debts or both ( for me and my Spouse) ?

Credit report ? Just me or both ?

All info is for the immigrant only.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

How about the Assets and Resources ? Is it for both right ?

I was worried because I don''t have any liability or debts but my Spouse has credit card debt and student loan, so I was not sure if I needed to fill his information and debts too.

Timeline

Looks like the Annualcreditreport website is having issue with the getting your Annual Credit Report online. I been having it say you have to do it by mail. When I do it for my wife. Then this morning I tried it for myself it has issues.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.