IvP

H1-B appeal with AAO - status update

191 posts in this topic

I am also having same problem. My case was updated to “ case was relocated from AAO to USCIS originating office” on 7/16/2020. I am trying to see my recent case history but I cannot find. I can find old history in this link “https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do”but nothing new. I cannot find anything in this link “https://my.uscis.gov/“ just case received. Same thing for both I-129 and I-129B. Am I missing anything while adding case to account or USCIS didn’t update on website?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/10/2020 at 10:02 AM, snny2020 said:

HI GBSR, how many days it took for you to get approval from USCIS after your case moved from AAO to USCIS ..?

DId you get your approval ..?

My Case was relocated to local USCIS on June 5th.
Case was actually approved on July 21st.

Got 797C in 4-5 days but I'm still waiting for 797A

Timeline
On 8/19/2020 at 6:06 AM, IvP said:

Just last Friday, August 14th. So a month later than originally expected. 

Hi,

Did you get your notice after the follow up from your attorney?

Any idea what they did?

I'm in same boat. My attorney raised a service request couple of weeks back. 

Yet to receive 797A

Timeline
44 minutes ago, jasti999 said:

Hello GBSR, What is the difference between 797C and 797A? can you please explain?

797C is just the case approval notice

797A is the actual H1B with I94

On 8/26/2020 at 10:54 PM, snny2020 said:

when i check my case status in https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do it show below history 

10/30/2019--> We transferred your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, to another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case.

10/30/2019--> We transferred your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, to another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case.

• 10/29/2019
    sign_icon.png

We sent your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, to the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO) for review.

• 10/29/2019
    sign_icon.png

We sent your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, to the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO) for review.

• 09/09/2019
    sign_icon.png

We denied your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker.

other than above History i don't see any other history,

do you mind sharing link to check case status for i290b and i290 or else if you can share any instructions page that would help me to check my status

On 8/27/2020 at 11:15 AM, jasti999 said:

This is my I129 Receipt History

image.thumb.png.0f16e7ccb81c08563caaad7dc40c562e.png

Hi Jasti999, so happy for you. Congrats. I know it is such a relief to see that the Appeal was approved in you I290B. I really hope the best for you and everything will be alright with your I129 as well. Good luck on your I129 status change.

At Snny2020, 

Your user interface looks different than what I have. I had a similar UI as what Jasti999 had shared.

Thats where I think there could be some disconnect. please try using another user account.

OR as Jasti999 mentioned, your case has not moved forward and no decision has been made yet - this could be a more valid reason over the previous one but I would try the above one as well.  

Patience is the key. It took me 3 years to get the lottery and another 1.5 years to get the decision. But Thank God I still have my OPT left for 4 more months.

Edited by Raknah

17 hours ago, jasti999 said:

Understood, thank you.

I got my I797B which is called Consular or something. meaning I have to leave the country, get my visa stamped and have to reenter to activate my H1B.

OR I have to apply for a Change of Status to activate my H1B so that I dont have to leave the country.

Edited by Raknah

1 hour ago, Raknah said:

Hi Jasti999, so happy for you. Congrats. I know it is such a relief to see that the Appeal was approved in you I290B. I really hope the best for you and everything will be alright with your I129 as well. Good luck on your I129 status change.

At Snny2020, 

Your user interface looks different than what I have. I had a similar UI as what Jasti999 had shared.

Thats where I think there could be some disconnect. please try using another user account.

OR as Jasti999 mentioned, your case has not moved forward and no decision has been made yet - this could be a more valid reason over the previous one but I would try the above one as well.  

Patience is the key. It took me 3 years to get the lottery and another 1.5 years to get the decision. But Thank God I still have my OPT left for 4 more months.

Thank you Raknah,

I am on the same boat, it took me 03 years just to get picked in the lottery and nearly one year for my appeal getting approved. Like you mentioned patience is the key. Did you apply for consular processing? is that the reason you did not get I797A?

i applied for Change of Status along with H-1B, do you think i can also not get Change of Status approved? i know you cannot give me definite answer, i am just curious how you applied and what you think. Thanks in advance.

23 minutes ago, jasti999 said:

Thank you Raknah,

I am on the same boat, it took me 03 years just to get picked in the lottery and nearly one year for my appeal getting approved. Like you mentioned patience is the key. Did you apply for consular processing? is that the reason you did not get I797A?

i applied for Change of Status along with H-1B, do you think i can also not get Change of Status approved? i know you cannot give me definite answer, i am just curious how you applied and what you think. Thanks in advance.

I just cant answer it for you. USCIS is so unpredictable.

I applied as COS but got consular processing after my appeal. I am just happy to get it approved. I dont care much about cos or consular right now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.