IvP

H1-B appeal with AAO - status update

191 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, My H1-B denied last year and filed MTR for Daniel application and after 298 days i have received an update saying "Case Was Relocated From Administrative Appeals Office To USCIS Originating Office" and it's been 6 days may i know how many days will USCIS will take to give next update ..? i have seen all these thread and i see most of the people received reply in 7 days is that right ..?

On 7/29/2020 at 10:48 AM, GBSR said:

Its approved in Change of status until 2022.

HI GBSR, how many days it took for you to get approval from USCIS after your case moved from AAO to USCIS ..?

On 7/29/2020 at 10:15 AM, MeenaNukala said:

Those who got approval notice, Can you please let us know if it's approved in change of status or Consular processing?

DId you get your approval ..?

My I-290B status was changed to "Case Was Relocated From Administrative Appeals Office To USCIS Originating Office" on July 7, 2020. And it is the same until today (Aug 10th).

I havent received any reply as of today and it has been over 34 days.

But my I-129 changed to "Case Was Reopened" on July 31, 2020, but still no reply to that as well. The changes are only in portal.

@MeenaNukala hi Meena just wanted to ask you one question once the status of appeal changed to usics originating office in usics website. How many days it took for you to get approved. Because my lawyer got a mail through usics that we remanded to reconsider the case to California usics office.Is it positive or no?can you please post.

On 8/12/2020 at 9:33 PM, Ramremo said:

@MeenaNukala hi Meena just wanted to ask you one question once the status of appeal changed to usics originating office in usics website. How many days it took for you to get approved. Because my lawyer got a mail through usics that we remanded to reconsider the case to California usics office.Is it positive or no?can you please post.

Hi,

My case status is sustained which means approved. But I haven't received my approval notice yet.

POSTING IT ON:8/19/2020

I got my I797B on 8/17. 

Notice date was 7/29

Got it after 3 weeks.

My visa is valid from 7/29/2020 to 8/29/2022 - almost 2 years and 1 month.

Looks like it is not COS but consular notification. I have to leave the country, get it stamped and re-enter US to get my work visa valid.

OR I have to apply for change of status.

I have OPT until Q1-2021, so I have time to decide on my next step.

But USCIS status still says:

I797 - Case was re-opened

I290B - Case was relocated from AAO to USCIS Originating office

Edited by Raknah

Here is my timeline:

April 2019 lottery

May 2019 - petition selected notice

Oct 2019 - RFE request received/responded to

Nov 2019 - H1B denied

Dec 2019 - Appeal filed 

Jan 2020 - AAO received the appeal

July 7th 2020 - Appeal was Approved (I-290B)

July 7th 2020 - Case Was Relocated From Administrative Appeals Office To USCIS Originating Office (I-290B and I-129)

July 31st 2020 - Case was Approved (I-129)

July 31st 2020 Case Was Reopened (I-129)

Aug 17th 2020 - Received my I797B

Reg I797B 

My visa is valid from 7/29/2020 to 8/29/2022 - almost 2 years and 1 month.

Looks like it is not COS but consular notification. I have to leave the country, get it stamped and re-enter US to get my work visa valid. OR I have to apply for change of status.

I have OPT until Q1-2021, so I have time to decide on my next step.

As of 8/19, USCIS portal still says:

I797 - Case was re-opened

I290B - Case was relocated from AAO to USCIS Originating office

Edited by Raknah

1 minute ago, Raknah said:

Here is my timeline:

April 2019 lottery

May 2019 - petition selected notice

Oct 2019 - RFE request received/responded to

Nov 2019 - H1B denied

Dec 2019 - Appeal filed 

Jan 2020 - AAO received the appeal

July 7th 2020 - Appeal was Approved (I-290B)

July 7th 2020 - Case Was Relocated From Administrative Appeals Office To USCIS Originating Office (I-290B and I-129)

July 31st 2020 - Case was Approved (I-129)

July 31st 2020 Case Was Reopened (I-129)

Aug 17th 2020 - Received my I797B

Have you applied for COS or consular processing when you applied in 2019? 

11 minutes ago, IvP said:

I see. I also got i797b, but I already left the country a while ago so it's not a big deal for me, but thay really does suck. 

Have you talked to your lawyers about applying for cos? 

Yes, I will be talking to them this week regarding COS. Just relaxing a bit and soaking on this good news. This was a long wait and was pretty stressful.

Sorry that you had to leave the country. When are you planning to get back to the country. Are the consulates open or still closed until EOY due to EO?  I know I am deviating from the original topic but curious. You have helped me a lot by creating this thread.

Thank you once again.. Appreciate it.

Please message me if you dont prefer to discuss this in the open discussion forum.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.