12 minutes ago, Raknah said:

Here is my timeline:

April 2019 lottery

May 2019 - petition selected notice

Oct 2019 - RFE request received/responded to

Nov 2019 - H1B denied

Dec 2019 - Appeal filed 

Jan 2020 - AAO received the appeal

July 7th 2020 - Appeal was Approved (I-290B)

July 7th 2020 - Case Was Relocated From Administrative Appeals Office To USCIS Originating Office (I-290B and I-129)

July 31st 2020 - Case was Approved (I-129)

July 31st 2020 Case Was Reopened (I-129)

Aug 17th 2020 - Received my I797B

Reg I797B 

My visa is valid from 7/29/2020 to 8/29/2022 - almost 2 years and 1 month.

Looks like it is not COS but consular notification. I have to leave the country, get it stamped and re-enter US to get my work visa valid. OR I have to apply for change of status.

I have OPT until Q1-2021, so I have time to decide on my next step.

As of 8/19, USCIS portal still says:

I797 - Case was re-opened

I290B - Case was relocated from AAO to USCIS Originating office

Question : were can we see this history of notification ..? am still waiting for my decision since my status is changed on August 5th to Case Was Relocated From Administrative Appeals Office To USCIS Originating Office (I-290B and I-129)

4 minutes ago, Raknah said:

Yes, I will be talking to them this week regarding COS. Just relaxing a bit and soaking on this good news. This was a long wait and was pretty stressful.

Sorry that you had to leave the country. When are you planning to get back to the country. Are the consulates open or still closed until EOY due to EO?  I know I am deviating from the original topic but curious. You have helped me a lot by creating this thread.

Thank you once again.. Appreciate it.

Please message me if you dont prefer to discuss this in the open discussion forum.

No worries! I have no issues discussing this here - the thread helped me as well, and I know the info we share here will help others in the future. 

I left pretty much after getting denied since my OPT expired and I couldn't work in the US anymore.

Consulats in Europe (at least the ones I'm aware of)  are still closed and there's no new info on when they might resume regular visa processing, but I expect to be back in the US shortly after they reopen given that I get an interview. 

And to answer to the person above, I applied for COS so it's pretty odd that I got i797b but as I said it's not a big deal for me. 

4 minutes ago, snny2020 said:

Question : were can we see this history of notification ..? am still waiting for my decision since my status is changed on August 5th to Case Was Relocated From Administrative Appeals Office To USCIS Originating Office (I-290B and I-129)

You'd have to go to the my.uscis.gov and check your profile. If you don't have a profile, you can create one and check there. 

2 minutes ago, IvP said:

You'd have to go to the my.uscis.gov and check your profile. If you don't have a profile, you can create one and check there. 

I have created my profile but i don't see any information other than below.

We received your case

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will let you know if we need anything else from you as we continue to review your case.

Just now, snny2020 said:

I have created my profile but i don't see any information other than below.

We received your case

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will let you know if we need anything else from you as we continue to review your case.

Try egov.uscis.gov 

11 minutes ago, snny2020 said:

You can see the case history in https://my.uscis.gov/ portal.

You have to add your case to it.

Google it and you can also google to find the steps to add your case and check the case history.

If you are looking for the table like people here are posting, you unfortunately will not find that. Instead you'll have to check the correspondence with your lawyers to see exactly when you received each Form. 

However, when you log in to egov.uscis.gov and click on your case status in the bottom left there should be things that happened before the current update. Again, not all these will be listed but the majority should. 

@IvP  @Raknah @GBSR  Guys, what are your statuses in uscis case tracker after approval. Mine says case reopned on July 31 and i still have not yet received approval notice or not sure if my case is approved. I only received i797c Notice of action on july 30 says Case was reopned(in mail). It was changed twice (Case was reopened on july 30 and 31). Anyone who had similar changes?

Thanks

Edited by ricknmorty

17 minutes ago, ricknmorty said:

@IvP  @Raknah @GBSR  Guys, what are your statuses in uscis case tracker after approval. Mine says case reopned on July 31 and i still have not yet received approval notice or not sure if my case is approved. I only received i797c Notice of action on july 30 says Case was reopned(in mail). It was changed twice (Case was reopened on july 30 and 31). Anyone who had similar changes?

Thanks

As of 8/19, USCIS portal still says:

I129- Case was re-opened

I290B - Case was relocated from AAO to USCIS Originating office

21 hours ago, snny2020 said:

Now i can see history but not recent history everything was from 2019 and nothing in 2020

I have added the case number in my account uscis portal. I only see from last few days that my case was received and I don’t need to do anything. Am I missing anything in adding my case? 

How can I check the account history for my case?

Thanks

Edited by ricknmorty

2 minutes ago, ricknmorty said:

I have added the case number in my account uscis portal. I only see from last few days that my case was received and I don’t need to do anything. Am I missing anything in adding my case? 

How can I check the account history for my case?

Thanks

you need to create your account here https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/displayLogon.do and add your case and you can also keep email/mobile alerts when ever case status changes it will notify you .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.