IvP

H1-B appeal with AAO - status update

191 posts in this topic

On 4/13/2020 at 6:53 AM, Ivor said:

So I just checked, my letter arrived exactly 7 days after the status changed to  “Case Was Relocated From Administrative Appeals Office To USCIS Originating Office”. One thing to note is that my lawyers are on the east coast so that might've played a role since the AAO is in DC.

Hi Ivor,

It would be helpful if you too can share timeline of events happened since appeal was filed. eg: 12/19- Appeal file date, 02/20- Status changed to appeal relocated etc., I know it won't be of much helpful to me but for others who filed appeal recently might know rough estimate of I-290B appeal processing timelines. Thanks.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm in the same boat. 

My status changed to below on June 5, 2020.

Case Was Relocated From Administrative Appeals Office To USCIS Originating Office

Does it mean the appeal is sustained?

Hey! 

I think it's best to wait a few more days to hear from the USCIS - it seems like they usually will let you know in less than 7 business day.

Based on the experiences of the few of us here, it could mean that your case was approved. However, it's best to wait for the offical correspondence from the USCIS. 

As far as my case is concerned, still no updates - case status still says the same and I have not received the H1B approval as of today. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 6/17/2020 at 9:19 AM, MeenaNukala said:

Hi,

My case status is also showing the same. My attorney confirmed that the appeal is approved. May I know if anyone have received their H1B approval notice from USCIS?

Thanks

Meena

Congratulations 

Are you able to check it online?

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

• 2 weeks later...

Almost 12 months after the initial denial, my H1B was finally approved. I don't know what this means in terms of embassy stamping and entering the US, but I'll keep updating the thread as I find out more information. 

Here is my timeline:

May 2019 - petition selected 

July 2019 - RFE request received/responded to

August 2019 - H1B denied

September 2019 - Appeal filed 

October 2019 - AAO received the appeal

March 2020 - denial overturned and AAO decision sent back to the USCIS 

June 30th - USCIS approved the petition 

20200630_202236.png

On 6/30/2020 at 1:28 PM, IvP said:

Almost 12 months after the initial denial, my H1B was finally approved. I don't know what this means in terms of embassy stamping and entering the US, but I'll keep updating the thread as I find out more information. 

Here is my timeline:

May 2019 - petition selected 

July 2019 - RFE request received/responded to

August 2019 - H1B denied

September 2019 - Appeal filed 

October 2019 - AAO received the appeal

March 2020 - denial overturned and AAO decision sent back to the USCIS 

June 30th - USCIS approved the petition 

20200630_202236.png

Thanks much for the posting timeline. My current status is "Case was relocated from AAO..."  and it was changed on April 28th, but my attorney did not received any letter.

On 4/13/2020 at 8:07 AM, Reena Padmanabhan said:

I too got the same update on March 20.Did you get any further update on your case?

I am in the same boat, my status was updated on April 28th, but my attorneys did not received any letter from AAO. Could you please let us know if you have any update from USCIS?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sri1234 said:

Thanks much for the posting timeline. My current status is "Case was relocated from AAO..."  and it was changed on April 28th, but my attorney did not received any letter.

Congrats!

Can you please confirm what your Appeal notice said?

Was the Appeal was sustained or Appeal was remanded back to USCIS?

Regards

1 minute ago, GBSR said:

Congrats!

Can you please confirm what your Appeal notice said?

Was the Appeal was sustained or Appeal was remanded back to USCIS?

Regards

Hi, My attorney did not received any letter, but the status history says "Appeal was remanded to the originating office for consideration". What does your letter says?  DO you know the difference between 'Appeal was sustained' and 'Appeal was remanded to USCIS'?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sri1234 said:

Hi, My attorney did not received any letter, but the status history says "Appeal was remanded to the originating office for consideration". What does your letter says?  DO you know the difference between 'Appeal was sustained' and 'Appeal was remanded to USCIS'?

Appeal was sustained meaning USCIS will approve the case for sure.

Appeal was remanded meaning USCIS will have to withdraw the denial but can issue RFE/approve or deny for some other reason.

Mine is remanded back to USCIS now. 

Is there a way you could check your Appeal notice and confirm if possible?

On 6/17/2020 at 8:19 AM, MeenaNukala said:

Hi,

My case status is also showing the same. My attorney confirmed that the appeal is approved. May I know if anyone have received their H1B approval notice from USCIS?

Thanks

Meena

You said your appeal was approved, Was the Appeal was sustained or Appeal was remanded back to USCIS?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.