IvP

H1-B appeal with AAO - status update

191 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ian Brown said:

I’m new to this page and sorry if this is not the correct platform to ask this question.

Im currently planning on joining my girlfriend in Florida Using my ESTA and staying a few months. 

If I were to find a job offer with sponsorship for an H-1B visa and take the appropriate steps in applying for the visa. Can I do this from within the USA or would I have to return to Scotland (my home country) while the visa is processed. Appreciate any help. 

Thanks 

Ian 

You are not allowed to extend or change status after entering on ESTA, you’d need to return home before your 90 days is up to get a new visa. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All,

Just wanted to thank ppl in this group for actively helping with the updates, this was really helpful.

Posting my timeline to help others -

December 2019: My case was Denied 

January 2020: Filed Notice of Appeal

July 20, 2020: Appeal sustained and the case was sent to originating office (WAC Center)

October 02 2020: Status changed to My case was approved

Now waiting for Approval Notice

No updates on this USCIS website so far - https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/displayLogon.do

I think it took around 75 days to get my status changed to "Approved". This is strictly my timeline and could be different for others, so please be patient.

Good luck to all!

Cheers!

5 hours ago, SR0479 said:

Dear All,

Just wanted to thank ppl in this group for actively helping with the updates, this was really helpful.

Posting my timeline to help others -

December 2019: My case was Denied 

January 2020: Filed Notice of Appeal

July 20, 2020: Appeal sustained and the case was sent to originating office (WAC Center)

October 02 2020: Status changed to My case was approved

Now waiting for Approval Notice

No updates on this USCIS website so far - https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/displayLogon.do

I think it took around 75 days to get my status changed to "Approved". This is strictly my timeline and could be different for others, so please be patient.

Good luck to all!

Cheers!

Case status got changed today again - "Case Was Approved And My Decision Was Emailed"

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 12:38 AM, Sourabhi said:

Has anyone received  this status after this i got an update on my I290B that the case was relocated to originating uscis office on july 23rd but i don’t see any update on my I129 after. Does anyone know what is processing time for these cases

Appeal Was Remanded To The Originating Office For Consideration

Hello Sourabhi,

I am also on the same boat my I290bB got an updated on the July 17 that the case was relocated to originating USCIS office. After that there is no updates.
Its almost 90 days still waiting..

1 hour ago, Sourabhi said:

@DeerajReddy   Any update on your case? mine is past 90 days. does any one know the process time for remanded cases by any chance. This information would really help out. Thanks in advance

@Sourabhi  There is no updates on my case. its almost 101 days still now my case is also Remanded and sent to USCIS. We cannot know the exact processing time because in this  group few of them got for 35 days 50 days and 90 days also.
We have to wait..

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

From last few Months I am following in this group regarding  H1 Denial and the AAO Appeal Was Remanded To The Originating Office For Consideration to USCIS. My case was being sent to the Vermont Service Center and its almost 115 days still now and did not get any updates on this still now.
May I know any one case was sent to the Vermont Service Center and got updates on that.
Please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

I would like to know in anyone case history has got updated  like "Name was Updated" .
On 25 Nov 2020 my case case status got updated  and its very confusing to me i have crosschecked with my attorney and Employer regarding the name change but they did not request for the name changes. Did this happen to anyone like this in this group.
Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Finally it was approved after 18months!!

Here is the timeline 

04-12-2019 - Pettition

06-01-2019 - rfe

08- 27-2019 - reponded rfe

09-06-2019 - denied

10-31-2019 - Appeal

07-31-2020 - The Administrative Appeals Office (AAO) transferred your Form I-129,

after 4 month of nothing, raised service request on 12-06-2020

if you have premium processing, raise service request 

12-07-2020 - reopened

12-11-202 - Approved

COS

Hope it helps.

2 hours ago, Praga said:

Finally it was approved after 18months!!

Here is the timeline 

04-12-2019 - Pettition

06-01-2019 - rfe

08- 27-2019 - reponded rfe

09-06-2019 - denied

10-31-2019 - Appeal

07-31-2020 - The Administrative Appeals Office (AAO) transferred your Form I-129,

after 4 month of nothing, raised service request on 12-06-2020

if you have premium processing, raise service request 

12-07-2020 - reopened

12-11-202 - Approved

COS

Hope it helps.

Congratulations for your victory.

On 11/27/2020 at 10:17 AM, DeerajReddy said:

Hello All,

I would like to know in anyone case history has got updated  like "Name was Updated" .
On 25 Nov 2020 my case case status got updated  and its very confusing to me i have crosschecked with my attorney and Employer regarding the name change but they did not request for the name changes. Did this happen to anyone like this in this group.
Thanks

My case reflected the same thing today morning 12/17/2020 " Name was updated" and now the case is reopened and actively reviewed. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.