Calstor77

N 400 Filers local office Boston MA filers

308 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Narayana said:

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your experience. My interview will be in less than in 2 weeks at Lawrence. What time was your interview?

My interview was 8:30 am- I entered the building 8:15, waited 5 mins and my officer  opened the door and called my name. When I was done I went back to the lobby I signed the oath form and they waited until there was 5 of us so they asked us to enter a room to take the oath. Once done you can ask another applicant to take your photo inside.

be happy that you’re going to Lawrence, very nice people! 
Good luck! 

B1/B2 -->married USC---> I-130 + I-485 + I-765 :

Sent: 06/20/2016

Biometric: 07/20/2016

RFE: 09/01/2016

RFE reply sent: 10/31/16

EAD received:  11/15/2016

Interview 03/15/2017 APPROVED

ROC:

Package Delivered: 12/21/2018

Text and email with case # received: 12/26/2018 Vermont Service Center

Biometric app. 01/30/2019

Approved: 12/06/2019

Green Card received: 12/12/2019 ❤️📬

N400:

Submitted: 03/06/2020

1 minute ago, USAjune2016 said:

My interview was 8:30 am- I entered the building 8:15, waited 5 mins and my officer  opened the door and called my name. When I was done I went back to the lobby I signed the oath form and they waited until there was 5 of us so they asked us to enter a room to take the oath. Once done you can ask another applicant to take your photo inside.

be happy that you’re going to Lawrence, very nice people! 
Good luck! 

Thanks for your valuable guidance. 

Just now, Anezka said:

Just received my oath ceremony date (was uploaded into the documents tab one day after the interview), it's a little over 2 weeks away at a courthouse (I requested a name change).

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a passport afterwards if you do expedited? Is it really 4-6 weeks as stated on the website?

Congratulations 

I’m waiting for my passport , expedited 

but hopefully it will be really expedited 😆😆 

agencies reopened back on Aug Sep and people it looks like they are working better than couple months ago . Because some people reported that they waited for 5 months 6 months when they applied at the pandemic surge period ( when passport agencies around the country locked down ) . 
So no hopefully it will take 3-5 weeks as I’ve watching some posts from passport applicants 

congratulations again 

pozdravleniya

02.15.2020 - Online Application

02.16.2020 - NOA

02.21.2020 - Biometrics Appointment notice 

03.13.2020 - Biometrics Appointment

03.03.2020 - Biometrics Completed (Walk in) successful 

09.11.2020 - interview letter received 

10.15.2020 - interview attended ( approved ) 

10.29.2020 - oath ceremony 

3 hours ago, Calstor77 said:

Congratulations 

I’m waiting for my passport , expedited 

but hopefully it will be really expedited 😆😆 

agencies reopened back on Aug Sep and people it looks like they are working better than couple months ago . Because some people reported that they waited for 5 months 6 months when they applied at the pandemic surge period ( when passport agencies around the country locked down ) . 
So no hopefully it will take 3-5 weeks as I’ve watching some posts from passport applicants 

congratulations again 

pozdravleniya

Spasibo! Did you apply through an agency or local post office?

19 hours ago, Anezka said:

Just received my oath ceremony date (was uploaded into the documents tab one day after the interview), it's a little over 2 weeks away at a courthouse (I requested a name change).

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a passport afterwards if you do expedited? Is it really 4-6 weeks as stated on the website?

Mine is at the courthouse too, even if I didn't request a name change. When is your ceremony scheduled? Mine is on the 19th.

10 hours ago, shebeingbrand said:

Mine is at the courthouse too, even if I didn't request a name change. When is your ceremony scheduled? Mine is on the 19th.

20th! I think your interview was one day before mine too! Am I correct that you can’t bring any family members with you?

Edited by Anezka

18 minutes ago, Anezka said:

20th! I think your interview was one day before mine too! Am I correct that you can’t bring any family members with you?

Oh, yes! You are right. Congratulations on passing your interview, btw! :)

I am going to bring my boyfriend with me because he is my ride to Boston, but I have a feeling they will make him wait in the lobby. It seems like most people here in the forums had their ceremony in the federal building, so I don't really know what the process at the courthouse will be like.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2020 at 8:11 PM, Narayana said:

Thanks for your valuable guidance. 

My 15 years immigration journey is over! I became a US citizen yesterday.

Thanks to every member here.

Arrived 15 minutes prior to appointment at 7:30 a m.

Submitted letter at the counter directed by the security guard.

I waited for approximately 25 minutes, and then the officer called my name.

Raised hand to tell the truth but the truth, went through N400 application form. He then requested a GC and passport. He conducted the civics test followed by reading and writing, which I had passed.

Civics test:

What does the judicial branch do?

Who vetoes bills?

Who is in charge of the executive branch?

If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?

The idea of self-government is in the first three words of the Constitution. What are these words?

Why did the colonists fight the British?

Reading:

What is the largest population state?

Writing:

California has most people.

Then, the IO asked the meaning of the Oath of allegiance, why do you want to become an American, what visa when I came to the US 15 years ago and my employment details.

It all took almost 25-30 minutes.

Then, the officer approved my application and received my naturalization certificate after 40 minutes.

Everything was done in less than 2 hours.

There was a 10$ (cash) parking right on the side of the building, which was great.

Good luck to everyone that is still waiting!

22 hours ago, Cantik said:

How long does it take to get your oath ceremony after your interview in Boston location?  I passed my interview on Nov 16th & still waiting for an oath to be scheduled. 

Thanks

Congratulations 

my ceremony was 15 days after the interview 

02.15.2020 - Online Application

02.16.2020 - NOA

02.21.2020 - Biometrics Appointment notice 

03.13.2020 - Biometrics Appointment

03.03.2020 - Biometrics Completed (Walk in) successful 

09.11.2020 - interview letter received 

10.15.2020 - interview attended ( approved ) 

10.29.2020 - oath ceremony 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi all! I had filed I751 ROC in March '19 and N-400 in March '20. Just got an email sometime ago saying that my N-400 interview notice is being sent in the mail. I live in Boston. They probably will adjudicate both ROC and N-400 at the same interview. Anyone here recently been through this here? Hoping the Oath is on the same day so im done with this process but apparently only the Lawrence office does this.

• 2 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/24/2021 at 6:11 PM, Boston17 said:

Hi all! I had filed I751 ROC in March '19 and N-400 in March '20. Just got an email sometime ago saying that my N-400 interview notice is being sent in the mail. I live in Boston. They probably will adjudicate both ROC and N-400 at the same interview. Anyone here recently been through this here? Hoping the Oath is on the same day so im done with this process but apparently only the Lawrence office does this.

My Oath ceremony has been scheduled and i am now waiting for the letter in the mail  to see the date and time. For those in Boston, is there an option to apply for the passport at the same venue as the Oath? Thought id ask! 

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.