side63

Submitted only English Nikah Nama with i130

16 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi All,

I recently got married in pakistan, and filed i-130 for my wife, my PD is Feb 19th, 2020 from california service center

So i was reading different forums and i see people getting RFE's for nikah nama.

So problem with my case is, in Pakistan you have choice to get nikah nama in either English or in Urdu, and since i live in USA my nikah khuan brought only english nikah nama, it is certified from the union council and have all the stamps and signatures. 

And this is the only nikah document I included in my application, I also included nadra marriage certificate.

So my question is

1. Do you think if this is going to be an issue? Should I expect RFE?
2. And what to do if they send me RFE for Urdu nikah nama since i dont have one in urdu.

Thanks

It is hard to say.  I had the Urdu Nikah Nama, and English Nikah Nama, but I submitted the Urdu one and English translation (ironic, I know).  The department of state link seems to indicate that they are aware that English Nikah Namas exist.  Unfortunately there is not much you can do (you can't make an Urdu one now), so I would just submit that along with the NADRA marriage certificate and see what happens.  

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
4 hours ago, Saraq said:

We had same issue, our English nikah nama was rejected stating they want in native language with its certified translation in English along with the NADRA issued marriage certificate 

Sad to know that, was it for the I-130? Then how did you resolve this? And was the English nikah nama the only nikah nama you had? 

Timeline
On 3/6/2020 at 8:14 PM, pm5k said:

It is hard to say.  I had the Urdu Nikah Nama, and English Nikah Nama, but I submitted the Urdu one and English translation (ironic, I know).  The department of state link seems to indicate that they are aware that English Nikah Namas exist.  Unfortunately there is not much you can do (you can't make an Urdu one now), so I would just submit that along with the NADRA marriage certificate and see what happens.  

I can't make Urdu one now?

Timeline

5 minutes ago, Saraq said:

Yes it was for I-130, i am still in the process waiting for lockdown to get over then lets see what to do

4 minutes ago, Saraq said:

Yes urdu one can be made, contact your registrar  

Thank you and good luck

Edited by side63

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 3/6/2020 at 5:29 PM, side63 said:

Hi All,

I recently got married in pakistan, and filed i-130 for my wife, my PD is Feb 19th, 2020 from california service center

So i was reading different forums and i see people getting RFE's for nikah nama.

So problem with my case is, in Pakistan you have choice to get nikah nama in either English or in Urdu, and since i live in USA my nikah khuan brought only english nikah nama, it is certified from the union council and have all the stamps and signatures. 

And this is the only nikah document I included in my application, I also included nadra marriage certificate.

So my question is

2. And what to do if they send me RFE for Urdu nikah nama since i dont have one in urdu.

Thanks

This would not be an issue. I know a lot of people who submitted original English Nikkah Nama and they were issued visas. No one made any issue because English was the original Nikkah Nama.

On the other hand, if you submit English translation only, they will require original Urdu Nikkah Nama

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 3/7/2020 at 3:29 AM, side63 said:

Hi All,

So my question is

Thanks

Shouldn’t be an issue. I only submitted my nadra certificate for I-130. Submitted the rest before interview at nvc stage.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2020 at 5:29 PM, side63 said:

Hi All,

So my question is

Thanks

dont worry. At this point they won’t care. Once you upload your doc at CEAC before your interview, just have all 3 copies. 

just like @aceegreene said & do

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.