54 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I came on a K1 visa and went to the AOS interview Feb 26th.
Interview went well but the guy told us they lost the sealed envelope given to the immigration when I entered.

Wonder what ended up happening to the unfortunate ones like me.....

Timeline

Below is how my online status shows currently:

Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed

Your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxx, was completed, and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
43 minutes ago, MCGino said:

I came on a K1 visa and went to the AOS interview Feb 26th.
Interview went well but the guy told us they lost the sealed envelope given to the immigration when I entered.

Wonder what ended up happening to the unfortunate ones like me.....

If they can't locate it you get to see a civil surgeon.  

YMMV

Timeline
11 minutes ago, payxibka said:

If they can't locate it you get to see a civil surgeon.  

Thanks for your reply. 

Wonder if there was any successfully found case ever....

Edited by MCGino

On 3/1/2020 at 10:34 PM, MCGino said:

Thanks for your reply. 

Wonder if there was any successfully found case ever....

Yeah it's pretty common. We are waiting on USCIS to get our medical as well.

Here's the most recent thread I can recall with the same sitch:

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Timeline
36 minutes ago, MeghanK said:

Thanks. Good to know there's actually successful case to hold faith for... It's been a week for me already. 

Just now, MCGino said:

Thanks. Good to know there's actually successful case to hold faith for... It's been a week for me already. 

13 days here. Anxiety has set in lol. 🤞🤞

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Looks like I'm not alone... had my aos interview last week, and officer said no issue on the relationship side and he would approve but he hadn't yet recieved my full file, basically all the k1 applications stuff we sent,  I'm not sure about the medical but my online case is still showing as interview was scheduled. I'm losing my wits not knowing what's going on. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nissilito said:

Looks like I'm not alone... had my aos interview last week, and officer said no issue on the relationship side and he would approve but he hadn't yet recieved my full file, basically all the k1 applications stuff we sent,  I'm not sure about the medical but my online case is still showing as interview was scheduled. I'm losing my wits not knowing what's going on. 

I feel like they should at least have updated online interview was completed and to be reviewed like my 2nd post up there... 

8th day after interview, just checked and status stays the same. 

19 hours ago, MeghanK said:

Now I'm thinking this is what happened to my medical exam. I have not been told anything since my interview (which was completed in April last year) until recently (I got a RFE last week for it).

I hope they all find your medical exams. Good luck everyone. 🙏

2 hours ago, MCGino said:

I feel like they should at least have updated online interview was completed and to be reviewed like my 2nd post up there... 

8th day after interview, just checked and status stays the same. 

Fingers crossed it'll updates soon for you. Yeah I even more worried that my looks like the interview hasnt even happned... the rollercoaster that this whole experience has been continues!

10 minutes ago, Hazelnut said:

Now I'm thinking this is what happened to my medical exam. I have not been told anything since my interview (which was completed in April last year) until recently (I got a RFE last week for it).

I hope they all find your medical exams. Good luck everyone. 🙏

Oh wow that's a loooong time to have had to wait - did you reach out to them since April?

2 minutes ago, Nissilito said:

Oh wow that's a loooong time to have had to wait - did you reach out to them since April?

Yes. My case has been under review all this time and was considered to be within normal processing time (I started the AOS process in January last year). I contacted them twice once the 120 days passed, and one of the agents even put a formal request to look into my case... only to get a letter to tell me they can't tell me anything. I'm glad I finally heard back now, but I'm disappointed I'll have to wait even longer now. I thought it was odd that nothing regarding my medical exam came up during my interview.

Oh man I feel for you! Can't have been easy - did you get your AP and EAD? I hope it gets processed real quick for you. Crossing both fingers & toes!

So nothing about my medical came up either during the interview - is that when they actually open the envelope? I applied for AP but not EAD (I figured aos mightnt take too long and wanted to settle in etc) and wish I had applied for both. AP hasnt been updated since Oct since I sent AOS so I guess I wont be going anywhere for a while!

4 minutes ago, Nissilito said:

Oh man I feel for you! Can't have been easy - did you get your AP and EAD? I hope it gets processed real quick for you. Crossing both fingers & toes!

So nothing about my medical came up either during the interview - is that when they actually open the envelope? I applied for AP but not EAD (I figured aos mightnt take too long and wanted to settle in etc) and wish I had applied for both. AP hasnt been updated since Oct since I sent AOS so I guess I wont be going anywhere for a while!

I got my AP and EAD last year, four months after I applied for them (I received the combo card in May). I renewed both last month (since AOS was taking longer than expected) and I got the new card a few weeks later.

I hope you hear back for your AP, it's been quite a few months now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.