4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello...my husband is Nigerian and we have been married since 2017. My husband interviewed June 2018 and was placed in AP for additional relationship information. He was called back March 2019 to come back and bring more pictures and paperwork. He went back on April 3 2019...they didn't interview again, they took his paperwork and told him they would call him. We didn't hear anything back and as you all know, the email inquiries are generic. I called multiple times with no answers. Finally July 11, 2019 the Embassy emailed me stating that the case was being sent back to USCIS for recommendation to revoke and I would need to wait to hear from them. We still have not heard anything from them and when calling, USCIS says they don't have the case back. NVC doesn't answer and ceac still shows admin processing.

What is the typical timeline for when a case is sent back to USCIS? 

Will I get an email when they receive it? 

Has anyone gotten reaffirmed with having to rebuttal? 

How long after reaffirmation did you wait for a 2nd interview? 

Please help. I need to figure out how much longer we will be waiting and if I need to plan another trip.

Thanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
44 minutes ago, DistressedWife said:

Hello...my husband is Nigerian and we have been married since 2017. My husband interviewed June 2018 and was placed in AP for additional relationship information. He was called back March 2019 to come back and bring more pictures and paperwork. He went back on April 3 2019...they didn't interview again, they took his paperwork and told him they would call him. We didn't hear anything back and as you all know, the email inquiries are generic. I called multiple times with no answers. Finally July 11, 2019 the Embassy emailed me stating that the case was being sent back to USCIS for recommendation to revoke and I would need to wait to hear from them. We still have not heard anything from them and when calling, USCIS says they don't have the case back. NVC doesn't answer and ceac still shows admin processing.

Please help. I need to figure out how much longer we will be waiting and if I need to plan another trip.

Thanks

I'm sorry that you're going through this. I am not sure if you can do anything to speed up the process (unlikely), but I definitely recommend that you add as much facetime as possible since that is the strongest proof for bonafide marriage.

Have you considered asking your Congressperson for help to inquire?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I did reach out to my congressman, they were unable to do anything to help. They received the same response as me. 

I just need to know the process after the case is sent back.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
18 hours ago, DistressedWife said:

Thanks

Every case is different I have seen some people wait over a year for a NOIR.  It took the embassy almost 2 months to transfer our case from to NVC they had it a few weeks before forwarding it to USCIS had it 4 months before we received the NOIR.  We responded in a few weeks and our case was forwarded back to NVC in less then two weeks from them receiving our Rebuttal and our interview was scheduled in about two months...but...our case was the fastest I have seen.    I have talked with so many who are still waiting.   Waiting for the NOIR is the longest part aside from the embassy.  We had such a fast turn around on our returned case but have been in AP for over a year since.   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.