3 posts in this topic

Does anyone have experience in USCIS losing documents? I recently received an RFE on our I-485 application stating that I provided no evidence of my financial ability to be a sponsor. Interestingly, when we submitted the I-485 with the financial affidavit, we submitted my employment offer letter clearly stating my yearly salary, hours worked, scope of work, pay periods, stock options, etc.... plus 6 months of pay stubs, tax transcripts from years 2016, 2017, and 2018, and W-2s, all of which show a consistency of being almost 500% above the poverty line. I just find it interesting they said I provided no evidence to support my financial affidavit. The RFE requests basically every document we had already submitted to them, which leads me to believe they lost the documents. Has this happened to anyone else? I have since responded with all the same documentation, along with a scathing response letter. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

This happens often enough that it’s not rare. 

we got an RFE for a form bring outdated a few years ago. We checked our copies of the docs we submitted and the form they wanted was the exact version we’d sent. I’ve seen countless posts over the years with lost documents. 

the quickest easiest way to resolve this is just re-send what they asked for. Trying to reason with these people is just a waste of time and unnecessary stress. 

so sorry this happened but once you submit evidence for RFE requests, it usually means your case is at the top of the pile and ready for processing. 

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

16 minutes ago, Fathonis84 said:

Does anyone have experience in USCIS losing documents? I recently received an RFE on our I-485 application stating that I provided no evidence of my financial ability to be a sponsor. Interestingly, when we submitted the I-485 with the financial affidavit, we submitted my employment offer letter clearly stating my yearly salary, hours worked, scope of work, pay periods, stock options, etc.... plus 6 months of pay stubs, tax transcripts from years 2016, 2017, and 2018, and W-2s, all of which show a consistency of being almost 500% above the poverty line. I just find it interesting they said I provided no evidence to support my financial affidavit. The RFE requests basically every document we had already submitted to them, which leads me to believe they lost the documents. Has this happened to anyone else? I have since responded with all the same documentation, along with a scathing response letter. 

Not to me personally, but over the years here I have seen countless posts from people who got RFEs for something they said they sent with the initial evidence.  So I have to believe it happens.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.