Tsetseg

Administrative Processing 9+ months, any suggestions?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mongolia
Timeline

We filed for a K-1 Visa for my Mongolian fiance, which was approved by the USCIS March 2019 and sent over to the NVC.  We've been together 5 years while she was in the US on an education visa, and have plenty of documentation for our relationship, and this piece only took about 5 months.

My fiance had her interview at the Consulate May 2019, and with no real explanation it was placed on Administrative Processing.  The only explanation given at the time was "they need to look at more stuff".  We have emailed a few times asking for an update, and get a pretty standard form response stating our case is in Administrative Processing, with no other information given.  I even went back to Mongolia, asking to speak to someone there myself, to help or provide any information needed, to no avail. We haven't been flooding them with emails, but trying to politely email every few months.  We're getting ready to send another.

Does any one have any advice or ideas about what might be going on?  Any help is much appreciated; we're going a bit crazy wondering why it's taking so long.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

All cases go through administrative process before approval.  Some cases and some countries require longer periods.  There is nothing you can do except wait it out.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

After all documents been received NVC will take 60 to 90 days before you can get an interview for us citizen who’s sponsor unmarried daughters or son or a wife husband there visas will be priority now I’m reading since October you been fully qualified for interview impossible double check online if they waiting for something from you I will not believe it 

Kijan pou li ta fè plus ke 4 moi no way it’s the law and NVC must follow regardless how busy they are you can expedite your cases if they pass your deadlines if they told you all documents been received and you on the line for interview as a us citizen from the date you received the email, it’s will not take more than 3 months  to received interview date 

Edited by Kethla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mongolia
Timeline

Hi missleman, yes I understand there may be some delay after the interview, but 9 months is extravagant. There were other candidates getting an immediate approval the same time she was waiting for her interview.

Kethla, yes we did have the interview in May 2019, and that's where she was told it was being put on Admin Processing.  We've been waiting 9 months on Administrative Processing after the interview.

Sorry, just frustrated...

On 2/18/2020 at 5:03 PM, Kethla said:

After all documents been received NVC will take 60 to 90 days before you can get an interview for us citizen who’s sponsor unmarried daughters or son or a wife husband there visas will be priority now I’m reading since October you been fully qualified for interview impossible double check online if they waiting for something from you I will not believe it 

I think you misunderstood the OP.  It is for a K-1, and they've already had an interview.  Now in AP.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:24 AM, KartineeKartoons said:

I resubmitted too. They rejected the Tax return because pur attorney uploaded a W2 with it. It’s two documents in one section. It is really frustrating. Uploaded April 17 same day it was rejected. Still waiting. I guess it’s the same 2-3wks again before they open it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

everything had change trust me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.