Cal&So

Administrative Processing

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I had my interview at Lagos consulate and i was placed on administrative review , asked the CO how long it’s going to take but he told me I do not have to do anything but wait .. I answered every question he asked me smoothly and my evidence was bonafide and good but the center of attraction was my wife speaks Spanish and English very well but writes Spanish more as her English isn’t too good in writing so I use translator to translate everything . He gave me back my passport but kept all my original documents and all my evidence too and gave me a paper ticking admin processing .. Should I be worried or is there anything I can do ? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Nothing you can do but wait.  Administrative Processing is normal and required for all cases.  In addition, Nigeria will affected by the travel ban expansion unless it is lifted.

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

You might be interested in this thread:

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Generally not keeping the passport is a sign that they don't expect the visa to be issued in the immediate future.

The 221(g)  means they need to do more work on their side - document verification, background checks, supervisor review, etc. before they can decide if you are eligible for the visa or not.

When they are ready to issue the visa, they will request the passport so they can issue and affix the visa.

Hopefully that happens before the 24th. Although it seems pretty unlikely IMO.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm so happy for you... I'm in the same situation, admin processing since Feb 6... I've already given up but seeing your story gave me hope...Congratulations 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Red❤velvet said:

I'm so happy for you... I'm in the same situation, admin processing since Feb 6... I've already given up but seeing your story gave me hope...Congratulations 

Everything will work in your favor , keep believing 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Red❤velvet said:

Amen...Thank you so much...when did they ask you to come back for your visa

Dhl said I should come back in 5 days for it if I don’t get an email sooner 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok...thanks for the info....also, sorry to disturb...Did you get any email notification that you submitted with the passport at DHL confirming that the embassy contacted you

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Red❤velvet said:

Ok...thanks for the info....also, sorry to disturb...Did you get any email notification that you submitted with the passport at DHL confirming that the embassy contacted you

No , nothing .. when I arrived there she asked for the number that called me and i showed her the embassy number before she took in my passport 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Red❤velvet said:

Ok thanks....I just hope I haven't missed any call...loool...

Lol don’t worry if you missed the call the send you an email 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.